3 - Gerard Pique

Alik

Applaude Pique and something to compare to what the Pet did and said.

Alba responsible for the the 1st goal.

don't think Pique was responsible for the 2nd goal. He was 1 on2.

3rd and 4th was Lenglet.

Semedo gave up 2 goals. Davie's drive was good but Semedo definitely could have done better. the 5-2 goal by Davis was the back breaker.

Messi's give away costed 1 goal.

Which goal can be blamed on Pique?

He backed away from Davies. He should have covered Semedo.

JamDav1982

Worse than Piques horrific defending was how often he deferred back to MATS.

If there is not an out ball to midfield/forwards then better off to ball ping it in corner rather than give it back to MATS.

Then go ballistic at forwards and midfielders for not creating angles.

Deferring back to MATS to then try a delicate pass into middle of park solved absolutely nothing.

Pique has no leadership.

FCMessi

Pique has been Barca's Air force that has been dominant in the air.

Dribbling and 1 on 1 is the price you pay for air dominance.

Can you realistically expect someone 1.94m to dribble his way up the pitch on regular basis although he has tried on from time to time with disastrous counters right after.

Bayern's full court press did not backfire because the pet and Griezman lacked speed (Davies, Fati, peak Dembele). Only Messi can 1 on 1 reliably but he was often 1 on 3.

don't think any 1 of the 8 goals was Pique's fault.

Classy (as Iniesta) for him to offer to step aside. Take note pet.

Araujo is 3cm shorter, 6kg heavier, much younger, faster and more athletic. Time will tell.

Last edited:

FCMessi

He backed away from Davies. He should have covered Semedo.

Pique vs Davies?

I think everyone including Pique were surprised how cleanly Semedo (being one of the faster Barca players) was beaten by Davies.

Semedo relaxed and got complacent and arrogant about his own speed.

Alik

Pique vs Davies?

I think everyone including Pique were surprised how cleanly Semedo (being one of the faster Barca players) was beaten by Davies.

Semedo relaxed and got complacent and arrogant about his own speed.

Pique was ball watching. He should have covered Semedo.

olivis

I really don't get what Pique did at the Kimmich goal either.
It was basic defending, even instinctively without ever playing football before you would close down Davies there.

No idea what Pique was thinking.

Total-Football

Pique is not bad at all.. The only one (probably messi too) who deserves to Continue the journey based o performances.. He was never as horrendous as Suarez, buekets, vidal, Rakitic.

jamrock

Pique is not bad at all.. The only one (probably messi too) who deserves to Continue the journey based o performances.. He was never as horrendous as Suarez, buekets, vidal, Rakitic.

Yep i agree i was saying the same thing to a friend earlier, the only amigos, that should have been starting coming into this season was pique & messi, thats it, get a actual WC defender beside him & he could givee us 2 good years (including this one), so he got one left in him.

Home of Barca Fans