3 - Gerard Pique

eaman

I couldn't understand a word he was saying. It was the same when they had song on fantasy football club. Must be that West Africans are hard to understand. I also think he was serious when he said that's how he'd set up a team and when he said he wants to go into management. I don't think he's finished playing yet though. Might be going to celtic

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique is working on a documentary about his boyhood club.

The 31-year-old is gaining a name for his creative entrepreneurial side and is now keen to make a film similar to that of Manchester City's 'All or Northing' series which aired on Amazon Prime Video.

The series is in the filming phase and several cameras have already been set up in the Camp Nou changing room, according to the Catalan media outlet larepublicaesportiva.cat.The work will be done by production company Kosmos although it is not yet known if it will be published on Rakuten TV, as seems indicated by the club's sponsor, or on another channel.

:coffee:

Cule4life

The Culest
From the director of the "decision".....comes a love story like no other... :valverde: :rakitic:

Man if those cameras captured Valverde in some uncompromising positions with certain players....

EdmondDantes

I don't like the idea.

I'm not a fan of reality TV shows. You get exposure at the cost of prestige and mystique. Other top clubs had similar offers but declined on that basis.We should be above that.

That old half-hour documentary shot under Sandro Rosell's tenure* (titled something Ronaldinho) was better since it was more to do with the management side of things and it never delved into the players' privacy - especially in the dressing room.

Imagine Valverde having to deal with a film crew in the dressing room at half time in a crucial Champions League tie; doesn't sound ideal to me.

Edit: It was actually under Laporta's, circa 2003.*

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I dont mean to throw shade on the guy but I always question these celebrity entrepeneur projects. Usually its just attach your name to many things like underwear or parfum where everyone else does the work and they take the applause.

The reason why it annoys me a bit with Pique is it feels to me he thinks he is this great creative entrepeneur who will eventually end up Barca (or possibly eventually Catalunya) President and is is showcasing these projects as proof of capability when he runs in a few years.

However since we dont have Puyol to slap some reality in him he isnt focussing on football 24/7 and the performances suffer. But since he is Catalan and a senior player he wont easily be dropped if needed. Especially with Valverde in charge. These type of things put us to the Milan route post Messi more and more.

I rather have him focussed or benched wether he chooses to be a fulltime footballer or player, filmmaker, tennis cup innovator, club owner, video game creator, harvard graduate, political activist, ambassador,globetrotter and trophy husband.

If he is going to try and be all that I rather have him benched sooner than later since his mind wont be on the game as much as it should.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Nothing makes me more worried, with the CL coming up and all that, than seeing some Danish nobody loaned out by freaking Middlesbrough making this guy look like the slowest man on earth. His lack of pace is such a massive problem for us these days.

Vilarrubi

Nothing makes me more worried, with the CL coming up and all that, than seeing some Danish nobody loaned out by freaking Middlesbrough making this guy look like the slowest man on earth. His lack of pace is such a massive problem for us these days.

That's why Semedo should start... way faster than Roberto which makes up for Pique's lack of pace.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Instrumental in the first goal but otherwise had a nightmare performance - really strange from him. Fear he has again allowed his focus to veer

Home of Barca Fans