3 - Gerard Pique

khorne

Pique has played like two games since march though. why he's starting against the freaking dutch in the world cup is another matter, but he has a valid excuse for not being up to snuff. Ramos is the real disappointment today, he should be at peak perfomance

hopefully his disastrous WC will lead to him getting kicked out from both NT and Barca :worthy:

That's a great idea, because we have no problems with our defensive depth whatsoever, our board is known for getting centerbacks by the dozend

Barcilliant

Irrelevant. Fast, agile players will always own him regardless of form. This is not a first.

Exactly!!

On current form and form over the past 2 seasons Pique should not be a Barca starter. He gets turned inside out so easily its ridiculous.

I remember Bojan doing it against him when we beat Milan 4-0 at home.

I would have Batra as our starter and a new PROPER CB as our other starter. The quality of cbs nowadays is poor when compared to past greats like Puyol, Hierro, Nesta, Cannavaro......

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Exactly!!

On current form and form over the past 2 seasons Pique should not be a Barca starter. He gets turned inside out so easily its ridiculous.

I remember Bojan doing it against him when we beat Milan 4-0 at home.

I would have Batra as our starter and a new PROPER CB as our other starter. The quality of cbs nowadays is poor when compared to past greats like Puyol, Hierro, Nesta, Cannavaro......

Pique showed this season he is world class, before all the injuries overtook him.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I remember when I just joined this forum people here were shouting that we should sell Pique and that no big club will probably buy him because he is horrible and here we go again :)

ammarfcb

ze special one
hang on, here's an idea. maybe ramos and pique aren't terrible defenders. maybe vdb just fucked up big time.

"if you lose the ball you must make the pitch as small as possible"
"if i have to defend the whole pitch i'm the worst defender"
"if i have to defend this small space i'm the best defender"

-johan cryuff

USWAY

The match replay almost over 5-1 Dutch. The high line KILLED Ramos and Pique. Couldn't run with Robben then turn, stop and try and defend him. But I gotta say Casillas was downright invisible

Alright Casillas has a pulse, made two good saves in the 86' even if they were right at him

Good example of the high line problem: Robben gets the ball again on the right with a little space in the 88' and tries his trickery but Pique picks the ball clean from him. In this example the defenders didn't have to run half the field to catch up

KhaledBarca

Pique had a very bad game, but Ramos and especially Casillas were the worst! The whole team in the 2nd half were terrible!
I just hate watching Iniesta & Xavi losing like this, don't deserve it!

But, I don't actually mind seeing Spain go out from groupstage. Xavi & Iniesta already won a World Cup in 2010.
Maybe what happened yesterday was a good thing, Catalunya will equal/surpass Spain's WC trophies in 2022/2026 :lol:

Last edited:

Alarcón

hang on, here's an idea. maybe ramos and pique aren't terrible defenders. maybe vdb just fucked up big time.

"if you lose the ball you must make the pitch as small as possible"
"if i have to defend the whole pitch i'm the worst defender"
"if i have to defend this small space i'm the best defender"

-johan cryuff

:yes:

CatalinR10

f04ed4c38ca80436d658ca5f8af775ea.500x280x135.gif

Shakira-and-Milan-cry-600x450.png

LeeRomeno

Dumbasses, god i hate forum trolls so much, lets just keep selling every single time a player has bad game. 1 mistake, you ARE GONE FROM BARCA! go barcaforum, yeaah
Pique is a great CB, but he is no leader of backline, neither is Ramos. What Pique needs is a natural leader and organizer next to him, be it Puyol or Masherano or whoever. Ramos is a great CB as well, but he is no leader as well, he is a pitbull, he is physically very gifted defender, who also scores alot of goals, but he is not mentally a leader, mentally he is weak. Just remember him getting all teary and violent in important games vs Barca for example.
So if you play those 2 together, in a high line against dutch team as we saw it was bound to break up at some point, i was really scared that he would get red at some point, he already had that face.
Pique is amazingly good defender, if he puts his heart to it and if he is guided properly, let him do his own stuff, if things go bad, he will turn moody and sulky and not try anymore. So in that sense he is opposite to Ramos who gets violent and tries to live it out on opposition. Pique just dissapears.
So Spain should use Martinez as 1 CB and just rotate or pick best of Ramos/Pique to partner him and they will do massively better. Bartra actually has that leader qualities in him, i have seen it in a few instances already, but he is still very young and has no authority, so in order for Barca defense to work next season, we need someone strong to partner Pique, someone who would lead entire backline. Pique is not capable of doing it himself.

Alik

Dumbasses, god i hate forum trolls so much, lets just keep selling every single time a player has bad game. 1 mistake, you ARE GONE FROM BARCA! go barcaforum, yeaah
Just pointing out that maybe if you were around for more than 2 months you'd see that people wanted Pique benched for a while and that he has done more than one mistake or had more than one bad game.

LeeRomeno

Just pointing out that maybe if you were around for more than 2 months you'd see that people wanted Pique benched for a while and that he has done more than one mistake or had more than one bad game.

Around? I have been Barca fan since 1992, i just havent bothered signing up to this forum, as i was user in other barca forums. People wanted to bench Pique for a while? All that time he was injured?

Home of Barca Fans