3 - Gerard Pique

IraqiCulé

Re: 3 - Gerard Piqué

Young guy with some serious experience after playing with Real Zaragoza & Manchester United. I can't wait for him to get his first goal for Barcelona.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

IraqiCulé said:
Young guy with some serious experience after playing with Real Zaragoza & Manchester United. I can't wait for him to get his first goal for Barcelona.

Pique already scored his 1st goal for FCB in Lisbon ;)

IraqiCulé

Bojan said:
IraqiCulé said:

Pique already scored his 1st goal for FCB in Lisbon ;)
Oh you are correct. What's up with this guy and scoring in the CL? He's already got 3 to his name. ;)

Evil

Shabazz

Piqué has only 1 goal until now in all competitions, against Sporting Lisbon and that´s the only goal he scored for us yet.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

IC was referring to his personal record. As Pique scored 2 for ManUtd ;)

Evil

Shabazz

Oh ok, my bad :p he´s really good in the air so he want have trouble scoring more. I remember atleast 2-3 times this season he hit the post.

maz

I walk the line
This guy makes way too many mistakes for my liking..

I know he's young..im sure he'll improve and i know we didnt have any choice but to play him. But he is definitely not a leader. U can tell that type of player from a young age, and he is defintely not a leader. He is a vidic/carvalho type defender..someone that needs to play with a leader (vidic and carvalho have rio and terry respectively).

Evil

Shabazz
He's more 'leader' quality than the likes of Cáceres .. I think Piqué is having an excellent season, considering it´s his first with Barça and at only 22 he´s playing so many matches and just made his international debut recently. I´m no fortune teller, but I think it´s safe to say he has a bright future. I can even see him replacing Puyol in another 3-4 seasons.

maz

I walk the line
He should have got sent off on his debut, and even still he made mistakes. He was at fault for one of the goals last night (i think it was the first) and made a few more mistakes. Im sure he will improve, but its just a question of how much..

Evil

Shabazz
I have such big hopes for this guy, 1st goal was more of Busquet/Caceres fault than Piqué, not that it matters, we all agree to makes some mistakes and can improve his game but I´m sure it´ll come with time. He should make the most of this time as when Milito returns and Henrique comes in next season then playing time could get very limited.

maz

I walk the line
Heskey did on sveral occasions but was unfortaunte. Tbh he was very poor when it came to finishing (whats new lol) and so piqué can be grateful for that fact.

Evil maybe it was the second goal then. The ball went right over his head.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with him defending and i dont even hate him for it...but who else was screaming at him last night when he got in the way of eto'o's over head kick in the last few minutes?!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
In the Spain-England game Pique actually looked a little lost. Not to worry my fellow Barca fans, he is a great player. Only 21 and already playing with such authority. How many central defenders that young are playing better than Pique? Let me help you - none!

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
We all have patience. Pique is one for the future and he obviously brings a positive vibe in the team. Not something that should be easily discounted.

M.L. King

The Preacher
His performance against Betis wasn't for the annals. Mark Gonzalez made fool of him in some possessions, but who can blame him. He is still very young and his career is in the steep progress.

Home of Barca Fans