3 - Gerard Pique

Givenchy

Pique was said to have personally negotiated his deal with Barto when they were pressing the squad about wage cuts... So he is really implicated if these allegations are true.

I think this salary cut is him getting ahead of the curve and into the media and fans good books before any revelations come out about his specific deal with Barto.

This is kind of what makes me believe the club might have a case here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique was said to have personally negotiated his deal with Barto when they were pressing the squad about wage cuts... So he is really implicated if these allegations are true.

I think this salary cut is him getting ahead of the curve and into the media and fans good books before any revelations come out about his specific deal with Barto.

Pique had to do this either way. He already burned his relationship with Rosell and he cannot afford to do the same with Laporta, and he most definitely cannot afford to get into a public battle or worst case a legal battle with the club when he sees himself as a future Barcelona President.

As with everything else there is some context behind every move that gets made.

Not sure why he gets lauded for doing the right thing in the end when he went out of his way to make a presumably very shady deal with a very shady President merely a week before he was forced to resign when everyone saw what was coming.

Yeah sure, good job Pique by not making the matter much worse, but the real question that should be asked is why did you do it in the first place? Unlike Lenglet, Frenkie and ter Stegen he had been there long enough and has known Barcelona politics since he was a little kid as his grandfather was a vice-president at the club.

serghei

This is kind of what makes me believe the club might have a case here.

Me too. That and some wages related stuff being absurdly over the top still. And Bartomeu's MO which is totally going in that direction, man was handing out money as if it was nothing.

TheStig

Don't belive anything anymore. He probably just deffered the wages like the last time. Even then he got all the praise but we now know he didn't give up any money, he even got more in the end. In 2024 at the end of his contract he will get like a 200 mil bonus or some shit like that.

malvolio

Don't belive anything anymore. He probably just deffered the wages like the last time. Even then he got all the praise but we now know he didn't give up any money, he even got more in the end. In 2024 at the end of his contract he will get like a 200 mil bonus or some shit like that.

Only fools dream about other people giving up money. If contract says the club ows him 200M then that's that.

Stop living in a dream and go get a job. You'll see things differently when you're working for money.

ajnotkeith

Only fools dream about other people giving up money. If contract says the club ows him 200M then that's that.

Stop living in a dream and go get a job. You'll see things differently when you're working for money.
Footballers don't operate on our rules. They make millions a year to kick a ball and have fun whilst only 'working' a couple hours a week.

They also have legally some of the strongest contracts of any field since bad performance can't be defined properly. If me or you did an Umtiti in our jobs and weren't physically able to work anymore we would be sacked on the spot.

Sure, they are legally entitled to their wages, you're right there. And it's not a player's fault for accepting good terms from the previous board. But if these 4 knowingly exploited the club during the time of COVID that is terrible and morally they deserve all criticism and hate from fans.

Last edited:

malvolio

Footballers don't operate on our rules. They make millions a year to kick a ball and have fun whilst only 'working' a couple hours a week.

They also have legally some of the strongest contracts of any field since bad performance can't be defined properly. If me or you did an Umtiti in our jobs and weren't physically able to work anymore we would be sacked on the spot.

Sure, they are legally entitled to their wages, you're right there. And it's not a player's fault for accepting good terms from the previous board. But if these 4 knowingly exploited the club during the time of COVID that is terrible and morally they deserve all criticism and hate from fans.

yeah mate, i know. life ain't fair, but that's capitalism for you.

don't like the sport and the whole charade around footballers and their undeserved earnings then turn off the tv or stop going to matches.

also, don't know about them 'knowingly exploiting' the club. after all, they were owed money and club came with this idea.

criticism and hate will always be there, regardless of what footballers do. in the end it is their life, their financial decisions. as long as they don't break the law it's all fair game.

ajnotkeith

yeah mate, i know. life ain't fair, but that's capitalism for you.

don't like the sport and the whole charade around footballers and their undeserved earnings then turn off the tv or stop going to matches.

also, don't know about them 'knowingly exploiting' the club. after all, they were owed money and club came with this idea.

criticism and hate will always be there, regardless of what footballers do. in the end it is their life, their financial decisions. as long as they don't break the law it's all fair game.

I'm fine with their 'undeserved earnings' and the 'charade' around footballers, at the end of the day, they are providing an enjoyable interest for all of us, but equally people should stop acting like these situations are comparable to normal fields of work or that players contracts can't be criticised because they're legally entitled to them.

Andresito

Staff member
Gerard Piqu? offered to play for free, although Bar?a have rejected that. The centre-back will still significantly reduce his salary to help out the team. [as] #fcblive ����

According to the deal, the 35-year-old will go back to the salary he earned before he signed his current contract in 2020. The contract will still be valid until 2024, as it was agreed two years ago.

Porque

Any idea why he is going to the contract before the contract he signed to to reduce his wages because of Covid.

If the contract wasn't so high in the first place he wouldn't have renego in 2020 :lol:

This fckn' club.

Messigician

My President

acaradeperro: "Piqu? offered Laporta the gesture that the president hoped he would receive from Messi last year: He offered to play for free."

Home of Barca Fans