3 - Gerard Pique

Temptation

Every single player is a 'system player'

Could say same about anyone.

To different degrees.

Even after Barce became more free style Messi still excelled for a long time. Individual brilliance shining through.

Alves played in numerous clubs with different systems and still succeeded.

Xabi Alonso was a key player for Mourinho, Benitez, Guardiola.

Countless examples there including many of yohr Barca players.

Some players are indeed dependent on systems and have glaring weaknesses.

mc_lovin

Counting the days until he's banned again. He's not interested in actual discussion, but just wants to big up his players while shitting on ours.

Don't engage.

Temptation

Counting the days until he's banned again. He's not interested in actual discussion, but just wants to big up his players while shitting on ours.

Don't engage.

Literally enlisted Barca players you love who are not that dependent on systems as much.

But sure, this is the standard reply when you have zero answers to facts provided.

Don't engage because you don't have the ability to.

mc_lovin

Literally enlisted Barca players you love who are not that dependent on systems as much.

But sure, this is the standard reply when you have zero answers to facts provided.

Don't engage because you don't have the ability to.

Cut the bullshit, you know what you did there.

JamDav1982

To different degrees.

Even after Barce became more free style Messi still excelled for a long time. Individual brilliance shining through.

Alves played in numerous clubs with different systems and still succeeded.

Xabi Alonso was a key player for Mourinho, Benitez, Guardiola.

Countless examples there including many of yohr Barca players.

Some players are indeed dependent on systems and have glaring weaknesses.

You are guessing at what Pique would have done elsewhere away from Barca at his peak.

No facts involved.

All world class players ever played in systems that suited them and would not have been same in systems that didnt.

Jordan Henderson been top class for Liverpool under Klopps system.. before that was a meme but still would say he is one of Liverpools top all time captains for what he did at club and not what he couldnt do.

Joan

Because Bonucci, Godin, and Chiellini played under different systems and philosophies ranging from Pep to Mourinho in their prime :lol: :lol: :lol:

Temptation

You are guessing at what Pique would have done elsewhere away from Barca at his peak.

No facts involved.

All world class players ever played in systems that suited them and would not have been same in systems that didnt.

Jordan Henderson been top class for Liverpool under Klopps system.. before that was a meme but still would say he is one of Liverpools top all time captains for what he did at club and not what he couldnt do.

Jordan Henderson is just a good player and great leader. Not even close to world class. Never will be. Just doesn't have the ability.

So you're totally right.

I'm not the kinda fan who blindly bigs up his players and talks BS about their abilities.

Unlike people here, I don't get touchy about these things. Facts are facts

JamDav1982

Jordan Henderson is just a good player and great leader. Not even close to world class. Never will be. Just doesn't have the ability.

So you're totally right.

I'm not the kinda fan who blindly bigs up his players and talks BS about their abilities.

Unlike people here, I don't get touchy about these things. Facts are facts

Salah never been world class away from Klopp and failed under Mourinho.

Mane never bee world class away from Klopp. Must be a system player.

Facts are facts.

Same with KDB. World class under Pep. Good in Germany and failed under Mou. Must be system player.

Henderson is example of how much one players influence/performance is under a certain coach compared to another and that is what he is judged on not what cant do.

Last edited:

jamrock

Expose Prime Pique to a bit of pace and he'll routinely shit the bed.

Expose any of the defenders you listed that are better than him to a high line & they shit the bed, example canavaro & Samuel at Madrid.

All players excel in a certain system, but I'll tell you this much, it's much more difficult to defend in a high defensive line, than to sit back with a bank of 3/4 players always covering the defense/defenders.

Talking crap bro, all players work in a system.

Temptation

Salah never been world class away from Klopp and failed under Mourinho.

Mane never bee world class away from Klopp. Must be a system player.

Facts are facts.

Same with KDB. World class under Pep. Good in Germany and failed under Mou. Must be system player.

Henderson is example of how much one players influence/performance is under a certain coach compared to another and that is what he is judged on not what cant do.

Mane and Salah were both very good at Southampton and Roma but yeah Klopp took them to a whole new level.

KDB? Hell no. He's a complete player whose individual brilliance is obvious. Belgium and Wolfsburg performances showed his class.

JamDav1982

Mane and Salah were both very good at Southampton and Roma but yeah Klopp took them to a whole new level.

KDB? Hell no. He's a complete player whose individual brilliance is obvious. Belgium and Wolfsburg performances showed his class.

Belgium play a system to get best out of KDB and he failed at Chelsea under Mou.

In Germany very good but not world class.

System player along with Mane and Salah in your rules.

Temptation

Expose any of the defenders you listed that are better than him to a high line & they shit the bed, example canavaro & Samuel at Madrid.

All players excel in a certain system, but I'll tell you this much, it's much more difficult to defend in a high defensive line, than to sit back with a bank of 3/4 players always covering the defense/defenders.

Talking crap bro, all players work in a system.

Buddy, you are taking the phrase "system player" way too badly.

It's not even that bad. Nothing wrong with it.

Chill. 😂

What I mean is you can't ignore Pique's obvious weakness 1 on 1.

Temptation

Belgium play a system to get best out of KDB and he failed at Chelsea under Mou.

In Germany very good but not world class.

System player along with Mane and Salah in your rules.

They hardly got game time under Mourimho and were part of an inflated squad.

They weren't starters who becane a meme due to poor performances. Don't misuse my definitions. 😂

JamDav1982

Buddy, you are taking the phrase "system player" way too badly.

It's not even that bad. Nothing wrong with it.

Chill. ��

What I mean is you can't ignore Pique's obvious weakness 1 on 1.

What are the weaknesses of Salah and Mane that stopped them being world class before Klopp?

Home of Barca Fans