3 - Gerard Pique

Andresito

Staff member
[El Mundo] Gerard Piqu? is considering a return to the Spain NT for the World Cup in Qatar. Piqu?, who is 35 years old and in 2018 retired from international football, hasn't fully decided yet but if nothing changes he's going to make himself available again to be selected by Luis Enrique.

Messi983

[El Mundo] Gerard Piqu? is considering a return to the Spain NT for the World Cup in Qatar. Piqu?, who is 35 years old and in 2018 retired from international football, hasn't fully decided yet but if nothing changes he's going to make himself available again to be selected by Luis Enrique.

April fools'?

Temptation

One of the most overrated defenders I have seen in my lifetime. His reputation is so heavily carried by the Barca system it's unreal. Very good on the ball though, since his United days.

I'd take Godin, Chiellini, Bonucci, etc above this guy. Apart from the more obvious ones from this generation ofcourse.

Catta

Calling Pique ovarrated, but picking Bonucci above him :lol:

Like it or not, Pique was one of the best of his generation. There is a reason why he was part of so many winning teams, both club and country.

Joan

Which vets? Only one I count is Pique. Busquets got relieved of defensive duties and Ter Stegen still fudges up from time to time. Romanticism at work here again.

Ter Steven is 29, he's not a vet no matter how much we wanted him to retire.

jamrock

Lol the the defender that started & won 2 euros & 1 WC back to back, is only helped by the system, but those defenders that play in teams that are setup in a very low block that helps to prevent the defenders from being exposed are better.

Temptation

Lol the the defender that started & won 2 euros & 1 WC back to back, is only helped by the system, but those defenders that play in teams that are setup in a very low block that helps to prevent the defenders from being exposed are better.

2 Euros and 1 World Cup? Yeah in a team which was famous for Tiki Taka. The exact same shit that guy's club Barca used to play.

Definition of a system player.

There's a reason why Pique became a meme once Barca lost that strict philosophy and becane more free style comparatively.

The players blessed with actual individual brilliance excelled beyong those years consistently.

JamDav1982

Expose Prime Pique to a bit of pace and he'll routinely shit the bed.

Nah that is false.

In recent years when too many old legs in team at once he hasnt been as good but peak Pique is an all time great CB.

You try every day a new angle to try and troll about Barca on here.

Latest lame effort can see right through.

Banned for it before.

Home of Barca Fans