Juan Carlos Unzue

L

linetty

Not wrong, I posted it here because there's a discussion whether we signed him to be the second or the first keeper.

Seems like he doesn't want to be a backup then.

Cule4life

The Culest
Not wrong, I posted it here because there's a discussion whether we signed him to be the second or the first keeper.

Is that even a surprise with this board? Yeah create undue pressure on your long term prospect goalkeeper.

L

linetty

Yeah create undue pressure on your long term prospect goalkeeper.
You always need to put everything like it's stupidity of the board?

It's not just about putting pressure. We need 2 solid goalkeepers if 1 gets injured. Valdes got injured and we had Pinto in goal, did you enjoy that?

The kid can't feel too comfortable. He's unproven and it would be stupid to buy only him and a mediocre keeper.

And about the price tag... I don't care if it's 5M, 10M or 15M... not my damn money

Cule4life

The Culest
You always need to put everything like it's stupidity of the board?

It's not just about putting pressure. We need 2 solid goalkeepers if 1 gets injured. Valdes got injured and we had Pinto in goal, did you enjoy that?

The kid can't feel too comfortable. He's unproven and it would be stupid to buy only him and a mediocre keeper.

And about the price tag... I don't care if it's 5M, 10M or 15M... not my damn money

Ter Stegen will make mistakes and will learn from then. But if we discard him at the first sign of trouble that bravo is looking for will be idiotic. There's a reason competition between goalkeepers doesn't work.

Pinto is one of the worst examples of 2nd GK. Doesnt mean we now have to get a keeper who expects to be no 1. Some middle ground has to be found. A goalkeeper who accepts the bench but is ready and capable of taking over when needed

Regarding price in this oil inflated market the extra 5m can make a difference between getting a Benatia or not. And it's not only this transfer. Now we are officially even more idiotic than Chelsea in the transfer market

Alarcón

He pushed for Bravo above Navas, Willy, Ochoa and many other keeper that are either cheaper or better for the same amount. 12 freaking million for a backup keeper, that's just ridiculous. If Bravo turns out to be nothing more than mere backup for Ter Stegen or turns out to be not of the quality we need, it's on him.
what is on him?

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Real Sociedad goalkeeper Claudio Bravo, who will join Barcelona this summer, is convinced he can compete to be starter next season. [md]

Seems to me like he was told he wouldn't be a guarateed starter and doesn't necessarily expect it. Otherwise he wouldn't need to "compete". So all is well.

And that he prefers not to be a backup is a given, I think nobody including Pinto would prefer that if you have them the choice. Where do MD get this info from though? :lol:

Pinto is one of the worst examples of 2nd GK. Doesnt mean we now have to get a keeper who expects to be no 1. Some middle ground has to be found. A goalkeeper who accepts the bench but is ready and capable of taking over when needed

I agree, but I think Bravo is a good middle ground. From what he's said so far he doesn't really expect to be or start as the guaranteed #1, he's good but not amazing, he has the right age and experience, and on the long-term he wouldn't really be too much competition for MAtS (unless MAtS gets mismanaged from the start or collapses or something). Just the price is steep.

Either way, not too fond of spending 12m on Bravo, from what I've seen of him at Sociedad and considering his age, I don't think he's worth the money, plus I don't think we necessarily need him. But it's not a terrible move from Unzué either. I expect (or hope) he knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

DennyCrane

He pushed for Bravo above Navas, Willy, Ochoa and many other keeper that are either cheaper or better for the same amount. 12 freaking million for a backup keeper, that's just ridiculous. If Bravo turns out to be nothing more than mere backup for Ter Stegen or turns out to be not of the quality we need, it's on him.

It is and I'd agree with that sentiment if I'd be convinced that if the club didn't spend the money on him they'd invest wisely elsewhere - which I'm not. So it's 12 million less we sink into upgrading the parking lot. Also, Bravo is a good keeper and I'd trust Unzue with that choice.

Ter Stegen will make mistakes and will learn from then. But if we discard him at the first sign of trouble that bravo is looking for will be idiotic. There's a reason competition between goalkeepers doesn't work.

Regarding price in this oil inflated market the extra 5m can make a difference between getting a Benatia or not. And it's not only this transfer. Now we are officially even more idiotic than Chelsea in the transfer market

I wouldn't call a club that can get 50-60m for David Luiz "idiotic"

ryuken

If Chel$ea is idiotic then what r us? Inept? Laughing stock on the transfer market? They got Costa, Fabregas, Courtois, Fillipe Luis, 50 mil for Luiz. Look at our mighty transfer, ppl are content with rumors like 12 mil + variables Claudio Bravo, 31 years old Mathieu.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Cule4life

The Culest
I meant Chelsea was idiotic in the transfer market before(50m for Torres :lol:) But now even they have surpassed us.

Kohe321

He's the man behind the best defense in Europe! He deserves a lot of praise for our performance this season... And what higher praise exists in the football word than getting a smiley at Barcaforum? :unzue:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans