Sergio Ramos

Joan

Ramos didn't want to leave Primera, he asked for an improved offer.

Laporta should call him and act surprised that's how Real treats its legends :coffee: make his blood boiling
Always thought that Messi would thrive with a guy like Ramos as captain.

I know it's everything but possible, but probably the signing that could transform our team the most.

malvolio

Captain now is out of the question of course. He would bring leadership at the back, but don't think we would be interested for the money he asks. And rightly so considering his age.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We can’t pay him the wages he wants, even if we wanted to. And we don’t want a 35-year old CB on relatively high wages, rather spend that money on a younger CB.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca could offer him 50m net and he still wouldn't come here.

Ramos definitely want to get as much money as possible, but something is not for sale at any price.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With that being said. If Barca want to get a guy with leadership in defence that could be here for 5, 10+ years given we're competitive....there's a Dutch CB playing in Turin that could be that for us.

Not saying he'll be Sergio Ramos, but in terms of leadership I don't think there's any better CB out there in his age group.

Slevinn

Isn?t he going back to Sevilla to become part of their staff after he retires?
Could still walk in basically every top team though.

Zidane82

Shame ...supposedly going to Sevilla on a five year deal.

He could have improved us dramatically for the next two years :(

Birdy

With that being said. If Barca want to get a guy with leadership in defence that could be here for 5, 10+ years given we're competitive....there's a Dutch CB playing in Turin that could be that for us.

Not saying he'll be Sergio Ramos, but in terms of leadership I don't think there's any better CB out there in his age group.

We can't buy him, he is super expensive. Unless we trick Juve into swaping him with Griezman, but they are not so stupid to buy that.

That's why the line I have been pushing recently regarding Barca's CB is:
Laporte now with Umtiti,Lenglet out
and
De Ligt later in 2-3 years, when Pique will be out and Garcia will be found out and sold

Birdy

They realized their mistake with Silva.

Not comparable IMO

Silva is the tall, good on the ball CB, and is much closer to Varane
Ramos, on the contrary, is the shorter, more aggressive when defending, and fast, closer to Marquinos

Marquinos is class and untouchable.
That's why they are interested in Varane to pair the two up.

Can't see Ramos there

Barcilliant

Ramos is to Madrid what Puyol was to us. An old fashioned, uncompromising defender who led from the front. Ramos crossed the line many times but damn Barca could have done with his leadership. Scored 100 plus goals in 600 plus games which is outstanding.

wisconsincule

I hated playing against this guy but gotta give him credit where credit is due. One of the best center backs I’ve seen.

He has the clutch gene.

Happy he is leaving Madrid. Feel like it’s a big loss for them. They definitely lose their bite without him on the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans