Sergio Ramos

valk

Thiago-Silva-misses-AC-Milan-210255.jpg

Pepe easily has been better than Ramos though.

I think that Pepe performed better than Silva in the last 2 seasons

BenRobbins

Cope said we want to give him 300 grand a week and have offered real 75 million euros and de gea :lol::lol:

I think this might be a tad off the mark..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some posts deleted. Please stay clear of insluting other members like "are you mad" in replying.
Cheers

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
no way Pepe is the best cb in the world, Pique hands down

Pique had a good last 6 months.

Pepe and Ramos are both phenoms in defense when they are on their game but their weakness comes from losing the plot when the midfield is not putting in work. They gut sucked into the vaccuum that our midfielders created by abandoning their positions without good reason.

While Pepe has lost his head before and can be physical in his challenges, he goes for very long stretches before getting into trouble. For Portugal and Real. Ramos has something like 100 caps without a single red card too, its just that in Real, the team is in shambles most of the time, and he is prone to adding to the mistakes with reckless challenges or moving out of position.

Their biggest problem comes from the fact that they actually are not very compatible due to their similar style. They always looked much better next to Varane, a calmer player without the urgency of either players. Heck, even next to Nacho they looked very good. Varane is young and the honeymoon is over, and Nacho is not a world beater so they may be world class defenders but the styles are complimentary. Ramos and Pepe are both in the same mold as Puyol, defenders who charge, and they often play their best game next to a libro. For Barcelona Rafa Marquez coolly and calmly collected what Puyol blew to smithereens. Then Pique came a long in the same mold.

For Spain, Pique, who plays more of a libro compliments Ramos a lot, which might explain the zero red cards for Ramos on the international stage. Pepe and Ramos are not Libros.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
http://www.theguardian.com/football...drid-leave-manchester-united?CMP=share_btn_tw

Wow. He may actually leave. I think it's a bit sad how most RM players leave through the back door and how so many of their fans are brainwashed through Madrid papers just because the President of their Club puts himself higher than the players, coaches and everyone else.

I've heard a lot of things being said about Ramos by Madridistas lately which is as far from the truth it can get. Already turning their backs on a Captain and a guy who has played his heart out for them for so many years.

I hope the day never comes when it happens to a Barca player and most of the fanbase turn their backs on him.

Last edited:

CuleLife4Life

Love Pique but he really only gotten back to his best in 2015 after yrs of disappointment.

Ramos is such an overrated cnt but I never thought he'd leave for money. So much for madridismo.

Ramos is good for one error per game, but I don't understand why they're so desperate to get rid of him. If he is being used as a pawn for a DDG swap, is De Gea really that highly rated in Spain? Does Ramos have a history of resistance against Perez? Astounding how they are still viewed as one of the top clubs around yet they're ran so badly.

Last edited:

serghei

Pique had a good last 6 months.

Pepe and Ramos are both phenoms in defense when they are on their game but their weakness comes from losing the plot when the midfield is not putting in work. They gut sucked into the vaccuum that our midfielders created by abandoning their positions without good reason.

While Pepe has lost his head before and can be physical in his challenges, he goes for very long stretches before getting into trouble. For Portugal and Real. Ramos has something like 100 caps without a single red card too, its just that in Real, the team is in shambles most of the time, and he is prone to adding to the mistakes with reckless challenges or moving out of position.

Their biggest problem comes from the fact that they actually are not very compatible due to their similar style. They always looked much better next to Varane, a calmer player without the urgency of either players. Heck, even next to Nacho they looked very good. Varane is young and the honeymoon is over, and Nacho is not a world beater so they may be world class defenders but the styles are complimentary. Ramos and Pepe are both in the same mold as Puyol, defenders who charge, and they often play their best game next to a libro. For Barcelona Rafa Marquez coolly and calmly collected what Puyol blew to smithereens. Then Pique came a long in the same mold.

For Spain, Pique, who plays more of a libro compliments Ramos a lot, which might explain the zero red cards for Ramos on the international stage. Pepe and Ramos are not Libros.

I agree with most of this, except I think Ramos and Pique are much more complete than they are being given credit for. But yes, I'd say Ramos and Pepe are very similar, and that is down to their personality. I can think of two other highly rated CBs that look to make the first move on attackers, one is Kompany, the other is Luiz. Both have had nightmares recently against teams that have top class forwards, because when you try to make the first move on somebody like Messi/Suarez/Ronaldo/Robben and others, you're done. He'll take you out of the game in an instant, simply because he's faster, smarter, and more skilled than you. That's why you never try to dispossess Messi and use this as a way to block him. Never. Kompany is the best case, because his way of playing works against weak opponents, who he can dominate in these duels. But against world class players, he ends on the losing side of these duels far too often for him to be considered a truly great CB. We've played City 4 times recently, I must say Kompany (and Zabaleta, another player who makes rash decisions) has looked the worse precisely because of his inability to contain. With Ramos, he also looks to dispossess the attackers, rather than just contain them and wait for his teammates to arrive in more favourable positions in defence, but he does not do it against any opponent. He has learned that some attackers are just too got to be dispossessed in 1 vs 1s. If you engage with Messi in 1 vs 1 100 times, and you get the ball maybe twice.

As far as making the first move on a dangerous attacker, you have three options IMO:

1. You take him on quickly, don't let him get on the run. You can also foul him in those few seconds and you won't get a card probably.
2. You let him drop deeper to receive the ball, you don't follow him, you don't leave the defensive block. You don't give him space to run into.
3. You let him drop deeper to receive the ball, and you attack him after, thinking you can take the ball away from him in a 1 vs 1.

If you do number 3 against Messi for instance, you're done.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
This will be a complete disaster if he leaves... i'm still trying to keep calm after Rafa appointment but this blow me out of the water

you can replace a CB with another quality CB the bigger problem and the thing you can't replace is the leadership and Ramos has been the leader on & off the pitch with or without the armband.. with him & silent Iker gone ... Marcelo is the captain & he is no leader ..

Ramos play with this heart and the rumors today that Perez is clearing the way for Jose to return next year makes me cringe ... sadly it makes sense as the press was ordered to turn on CR , Ramos & Iker.. the 3 most influential who could make Jose disastrous return a failure ...

Perez is screwing up and living in the past & we can't have a competitor to him if he ain't a multi-millionaire .. the only way out is death

Home of Barca Fans