Sergio Ramos

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We really don't know what happened, you can't take everything Ramos said at face value and believe it was what happened.

Chances are, he didn't get what wanted which was either a bump in his salary or keeping his current salary while Real Madrid sought a paycut. Both sides were playing a game of chicken and neither side budged to a point to allow them to reach an agreement.

Mateka

RM do not come out of this well. It appears they have dishonoured Ramos. If that is the case it will come back against them.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I don't think it needs to be bullshit. It can just be Rene being oblivious to the possibility of them turning around and saying they have to decide by some point before 30th June. I mean, Jorge Messi didn't realise there's a deadline on the exit clause.

At the moment they look worse for it, but the whole thing is just lack of dialogue on club part also. Why would they not talk to them? Why not just call and say "hey, we had Alaba ligned up for months, we're giving you 2 days to decide if you want to take 1-year deal". It seems clear club themselves wanted to just be rid of an old fart like Ramos and not miss opportunity to sign a younger player.

How so ? If Ramos told them to plan ahead without him and Real do just that , how is that lack of dialogue on Real's part ?

Speculating here but I think him and his brother where trying to stall hoping Perez will end up giving him that 2 year deal.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
On a separate note Id take Real's approach any day over Barca handing out 4/5 year contracts for their 30+ year old "legends. We are past 4/5 (hard to even keep count) humiliations and we still can't get rid of the seniors because of this exact problem.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Where's this news from though? Sounds like something from Madrid propaganda tube.

Sergio Ramos: "I have always wanted to stay here, in this club. Yes, I said to the club to plan the future because no player is bigger than the club. Club's plans have to go ahead."

El Gato

Villarato!
https://twitter.com/MadridXtra

He translated everything Ramos said during his press conference. Unless he fabricated his own quotes.

Yeah not 100% thats how it went down, even by Ramos account. Basically Ramos is likely a dumbass, sure, not news. But Perez didn't really try to keep the guy. A 35 year old Ramos still probably is preferable to Alaba on a rolling contract so why not go out of your way to convince him to take 1 year?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah not 100% thats how it went down, even by Ramos account. Basically Ramos is likely a dumbass, sure, not news. But Perez didn't really try to keep the guy. A 35 year old Ramos still probably is preferable to Alaba on a rolling contract so why not go out of your way to convince him to take 1 year?

Maybe because Perez and his people don't think Ramos has much to offer sportingw-wise, compared to say Alaba to warrant the kind of salary he wants.

El Gato

Villarato!
Which would only prove they’re dilettantes.

But who knows, Alaba might well be good depending on how Ancelotti wants to use him. I just have no hope left knowing we’re coasting into predictable future relying on bringing in 1-2 stars that every other club can work to block.

Barcilliant

It's a loss for La Liga but it will be interesting to see him at another club.
For the love of God I just hope he doesn't go to PSG. I'd love to see him at City or Liverpool. I feel Chelsea or Utd will try and grab him.

Home of Barca Fans