Sergio Ramos

BarcaOG

Banned
right, so if we can agree about that why are you defending pepe/ramos/coentrao vs peps barca when messi was getting stepped on and bruised up off-the ball

BarcaOG

Banned
A stomp isn't intent to injure. Nor are most other aggressive fouls.

? yes it is lol what if you cut your hand so bad that you need stitches or something? what about ramos kicking at messi in the 5-0 and then going beserk?

also pepe's 'not being carded for 8 years' or whatever is not a good argument because not all thug fouls are carded, especially pre var. CR got away with punching and elbowing players lots of times. equally ramos was carded many times for what should have been simple foul calls, not cards. so cards dont tell the whole story. especially thuggish clever players will know how to get away with it wolfe

El Gato

Villarato!
No it aint. Case by case basis. Stomp isn't intent to injure.
As said previously Ramos going in with a reckless challenge was justifiably sent off and banned for 2 games.

CR didn't get away with anything, in fact got red carded most times he kicked out because he made it so blatant.
Which cases of Pepe can you highlight throughout the years? Can't honestly trust some hunch that he did it without evidence. Arguing from ignorance w/o.

BarcaOG

Banned
No it aint. Case by case basis. Stomp isn't intent to injure.
As said previously Ramos going in with a reckless challenge was justifiably sent off and banned for 2 games.

CR didn't get away with anything, in fact got red carded most times he kicked out because he made it so blatant.
Which cases of Pepe can you highlight throughout the years? Can't honestly trust some hunch that he did it without evidence. Arguing from ignorance w/o.

so are you saying its fine for players with studs to be stomping on each other's hands? thats kinda fucked up mate

lol wolfe there are plenty of videos of CR just punching and elbowing people and getting away with it

El Gato

Villarato!
No it's not fine, don't do it. It's not flat out intent to injure. Not too difficult to differentiate I would have thought.

There are? Go ahead.

BarcaOG

Banned
wolfe this is very unbecoming of you to be ok with blatant violent behaviour on the pitch. the stomp was with intent to injure

and yes there are wolfe look it up just punching people and being angry, not okay. messi was red carded a few games ago correctly and CR has had many episodes like that that went unpunished wolfe so im not sure why youre justifying violence in the game like that

El Gato

Villarato!
No it wasn't, if you're on about the stomp on Messi. Intent to hurt knowing a player is likely ok isn't the same as intent to injure. Happens all the time. As per usual conflating the two. No more intent to injure than any challenge for the ball with a lot of momentum where injury happens on an off chance.

Would love to look it up. Can only find those like Cordoba, Atleti or Bilbao where he got sent off. Go ahead and show some he gets away with.

BarcaOG

Banned
No it wasn't, if you're on about the stomp on Messi. Intent to hurt knowing a player is likely ok isn't the same as intent to injure. Happens all the time. As per usual conflating the two. No more intent to injure than any challenge for the ball with a lot of momentum where injury happens on an off chance.

Would love to look it up. Can only find those like Cordoba, Atleti or Bilbao where he got sent off. Go ahead and show some he gets away with.

the stomp on messi was off the ball and during a time out (as it was a free kick). the action had nothing to do with the game unlike a tackle challenge. its blatant aggression. would you be okay if you were sitting in the park and i went up to you wearing cleats and just stomped on you? i doubt that.
\

El Gato

Villarato!
the stomp on messi was off the ball and during a time out (as it was a free kick). the action had nothing to do with the game unlike a tackle challenge. its blatant aggression. would you be okay if you were sitting in the park and i went up to you wearing cleats and just stomped on you? i doubt that.
\

Course I wouldn't be ok. I'd likely get up and retaliate.

For sure stomp was off the ball. Not intended to injure though as nobody ever gets injured from a stomp like that so players don't do it intending to cause one. Happens all the time on feet during corners if you ever played or watched the game in lower league football. Aggression is absolutely fine as long as doesn't cause long-term issues.

Posted a video where Im not even sure it's all Madrid related or whatever the original argument was. Which ones does Ronaldo 'get away' with?

BarcaOG

Banned
Course I wouldn't be ok. I'd likely get up and retaliate.

For sure stomp was off the ball. Not intended to injure though as nobody ever gets injured from a stomp like that so players don't do it intending to cause one. Happens all the time on feet during corners if you ever played or watched the game in lower league football. Aggression is absolutely fine as long as doesn't cause long-term issues.

Posted a video where Im not even sure it's all Madrid related or whatever the original argument was. Which ones does Ronaldo 'get away' with?

that is not okay wolfe if i stomped on you and you want to retaliate then its because youre not having someone assault u and try to injure you

well same thing

also i dont think you understand how dangerous cleats can be when pressed with force. when i was a teenager one of my friends who was a GK clashed with another player's foot who was wearing cleats and the clash tore his mouth almost to his ear, kinda like the Joker, needed a bunch of stitches, was a nasty bloody injury. if you stomp on someones hand like that you could easily cut them badly needing stitchsd and other kinds of medical attention. hardly an attempt to 'play the game' and should not be allowed ever. pushing and jostling in the box in a corner is totally different

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
I for sure understand how dangerous cleats can be. Been on the end of plenty challenges in Sunday league where far less care is applied. Not that bothered about anecdotes of cases I haven't seen. As said, case by case basis. That stomp on Messi wasn't with intent to injure as relatively little force was applied and sodall would happen other than bruising where worse happens. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be punished and Pepe should have been sent off. What's so confusing about it lol I think it's quite clear how injury is different from mere pain.

And no, not 'same thing'. If I'd retaliate it's nothing to do with assault but to show I'm not going to take someone causing me pain i.e. to not show weakness. Assault is an entirely different ball game.

There is not one way to play the game and lots of managable pain is allowed in contact sports.

BarcaOG

Banned
I for sure understand how dangerous cleats can be. Been on the end of plenty challenges in Sunday league where far less care is applied. Not that bothered about anecdotes of cases I haven't seen. As said, case by case basis. That stomp on Messi wasn't with intent to injure as relatively little force was applied and sodall would happen other than bruising where worse happens. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be punished and Pepe should have been sent off. What's so confusing about it lol I think it's quite clear how injury is different from mere pain.

And no, not 'same thing'. If I'd retaliate it's nothing to do with assault but to show I'm not going to take someone causing me pain i.e. to not show weakness. Assault is an entirely different ball game.

1. anecdotes matter ie. your sunday league anecdotes if you dont think they have any merit whatever why bring them up? that is uncharitable wolfe of u to do, no thank u
2. if u understand how dangerous cleats can be then you shouldnt be condoning blatant violent assault off the ball
3. if i come up to u while youre at the park minding your own business and i stomp on you with cleats thats assault, lol, how would it not be? you cant just go up to random people and hit them/kick them

BarcaOG

Banned

There is not one way to play the game and lots of managable pain is allowed in contact sports.

the problem is that you wont accept it was intent to injure messi and that is not okay because it means you condone violence and assault and off the ball fouls in the game thats the problem wolfe

Home of Barca Fans