Handball

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tbh. we had a miserable crowd in Zagreb Arena. Sponsors got too much tickets for the final and spread them out to families and we simply had too much middle aged women and kids in the crowd and nerds sitting and recording the match with cameras without creating any atmosphere. After the match we met some family in the restaurant and the woman came up to us smiling and said: Cheer up, It was a good match. There we were devastated and she probably just returned from her first handball match which she probably sat out without making any noise. Son of a...
We should have chosen Zadar for the final. I bet we would have won that WC had we played there.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Are croatians really good at handball or something?

Yeah we r one of best teams in handball :D Ok time to teach lil Hamzah some things, look up, these r our results :

Olimpics : GOLD - Atlanta(1996), Athens(2004)

World Championship - GOLD - Portugal(2003)
SILVER - Iceland(1995), Tunis(2005), Croatia(2009)

European Championship - SILVER - Norway(2008)
BRONZE - Portugal(1994)

World handball cup - champs in 2006

Mediterranean games - champs in 1993, 1997 and 2001, vice-champs in 2005

Not bad for a team that plays from 1994 and a nation that has less inhabitants then f.e. Germany has registrated handball players :p :hooray:

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Tbh. we had a miserable crowd in Zagreb Arena. Sponsors got too much tickets for the final and spread them out to families and we simply had too much middle aged women and kids in the crowd and nerds sitting and recording the match with cameras without creating nay atmosphere. After the match we met some family in the restaurant and the woman came up to us smiling and said: Cheer up, It was a good match. There we were devastated and she probably just returned from her first handball match which she probably sat out without making any noise. Son of a...
Dont mention this pls, makes me throw up ..... so so trueeee!!! But it's same in footie when they give away so many tickets to so wanna be celebs, makes me sick !!! I hardly got a ticket for that match(from that guy who knows Karabatko lol) ... anyhow what pissed me off is that, at the entrance, they took half of my bag away and lately blamed fans for throwing lighters, hair brushes etc, yeah right, how cold we ... why they didn't ask those bitches from VIP, yuck, yuck, our mentality here, my dear Bojan, will never change ....

We should have chosen Zadar for the final. I bet we would have won that WC had we played there.
Definitely!!!

Last edited:

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Ehehe Bojan, another party last nite ? :p
I saw first 10 min Ice - Frenchies, then fell asleep as stupid cold exhausted me as hell, woke up for our 2nd half, saw it's 9-10 in 1st, wtf, defenses seamed to be working good :D
And then in 2nd we played again as we need to keeping 2-3 goals difference till the end, Mirko was not as brilliant as with Dk but saved us in crucial times, Vori did some stupid few 2 min as usual, Cupic was great from penalties as always, Duvnjak and Balic had highlightes etc etc :D

good luck :hunt:
Edit:
good second half :)
good luck in the final :|

Serdecznie dziękuję Jerry :D U were holding good, plus u have some nice goalies ;) :) G'luck with Ice for the bronze :beer2:

So we r in FINALSSSSSS, again :D
Ale aleee les coques :p Seeing Balic - Karabatic temperament duels again d be entertaining, right Bojan? ;) U know, Split - Trogir connection :wub:

Last edited:

Jerry P

Szmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!

Edit:

Sorry but i've got to say Abalo and Omeyer \o/

Trully saying France was better

Red card should be for Gojun

Edit2:
Wow polish coach was disapointed about refereing in match betwen Poland - Croatia :|

Last edited:

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
First of all Congrats Frenchies!!! :) So silver for us, AGAIN lol ... great first 28 minutes, 12-9 lead, then stupidly losing 3 points and 12-12 halftime .... and from then no invention, no organisation of the game and most sadly no guts ... funny the goal difference at the end was so little in comparation to how bad we played and the ampount of balls we missed ...

Summa summarum: our best game with France so far, France was not superior at all but had something that we obviously miss : BALLS

It was so sad to see our players were literaly avoiding the ball expecting Balic to do all the work, Ivano, chapeau :worthy:, but he and again brilliant Alilovic couldn't do all ... so am not sad as we didn't deserve the win, the more courageous team won :D

See ya in Sweden guys, and one advice: less food, more exercise, both physical and mental :D

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Hey guys, does any of u follow club handball in CL? I was attending it for years and now am back, been at 2 last games of my Zagreb with Real and Hamburg, was awsome atmosphere of 15000 fans in our arena, handball really does take the 1st place here in front of footie lately :)
Anyhow, in 1/8 we play with mighty Barca :D Which brings bad memories from 3 CL final duels in the 90's when stil the Prince was playing hehe ... we will see :D
Few pics fom the game with Hamburg:

2d1pe6v.jpg
j6iftj.jpg

27zmf5u.jpg
iy204m.jpg

33xhg91.jpg
140yplv.jpg

28hpxrb.jpg
1qhpjt.jpg

2z6fh9i.jpg
2j2vk7t.jpg

zyjdc9.jpg
1tlm5t.jpg

xb00et.jpg
30m4djp.jpg

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
A few pics from our yesterdays game with Barca ... lost 7 goals difference, was on 2 goals difference but we payed to a bad defense ... anyhow the point of the match is that i discovered a proper handball IBRA lol, yeah this Nagy guy - hair style, height & the attitude, okay a bit of nose is still missing, but well, u can't have all :lol:

nphzs4.jpg
2a98dco.jpg

5ch7wp.jpg
23hxe1v.jpg

2qnwfvc.jpg
2429xr4.jpg

scgk2d.jpg
j7gunr.jpg

:wub:

G

Gamper

Barça plays the first semi of the Final Four against Chehovsky on 29 May at 15:30 in Koln.

The other semi will be Ciudad Real-Kiel.

The last attempt for a legend as David Barrufet, the ethernal goalkeeper with yellow trousers. He has won 70 titles if I remember well, including 7 Champions League. If Barça wins that should be the best goodbye for him. Visca Barru!

Força Barça!!

P.S.: That's true, Nagy seems a lil with Ibra. Maybe Ibra does it better in handball than in football!! Let's say it to Xavi Pascual (handball's Barça coach)

P.S.2: Epic those games Barça-Badel Zagreb of the nineties! The bad luck for you is that in front you have the best handball club team of history. It's a similar case as Barça's basketball team of late 80s - first 90s, they lose 3 times to another amazing team as Jugoplastika.

Last edited:

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Ahhh, tnx god another handball fan here so i don't have to talk with myself :)
Anyway wanted to go to the 2nd leg when i was in Barca at the begining of the april but the match was same day as Bilbao so couldn't, heard my boys were way better then in Zagreb!!

About Ibra hehe, who knows, maybe he d be good CB directing the defenese & offense instead of waiting ball to come to him, u can never know that ;)

I always remember those old games with nostalgy and some bitterness, of course, Badel Zg was big big club with great players, well all they didn't do in CL they shower in the national team as we rocked in 90's and stil doing it, i think handball is a sport where we have the best continuation and less feel change of generationes !!

Aiiiiiii Jugoplastika Splittttt, my gosh what memoriessss, tnx for bringing them up :D Seeing Kukoc so tall and skinny and blondie Radja, what a great club it was .... rememeber Barca- Jugoplastika and Cibona - Real duels .... no wander i like the 90's sport way more then nowdays, was something special indeed :D

PaulFCB

Banned
Womens Champions League final to be played this weekend and next weekend between Viborg from Denmark and Oltchim RM from Romania.
Not big clubs like in Mens Handball like Barca but I guess it's interesting from me since there's a Romanian team.
First leg to be played today in Denmark on FC Midtjylland arena and the return leg next Saturday in Bucharest.

Of course, out of 5000 seats, smth like 3800 are team, political and corporate, 200 are for the Viborg fans and only ~1000, 800 being from the teams home town for home fans for the game in Bucharest, so such a shame.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
I know how it is Paul, last year when the World Championship was held here was a mission impossible to get the tickets for sf and final as most were given to sponsors + fake stupid celebs that know nothing about handball or any other sport, u can imagine what a lousy atmosphere was made, no wander we lost in finals to frenchies ... fans felt furious, sad and betrayed, such a shame, hate it ...
Good luck to your team !! :)

Home of Barca Fans