Portugal

Messi983

This Mota guy looked interesting to me. Didn't know he was born and started his career in Luxembourg. Would probably also be better for him to consider playing for Luxembourg senior NT as I doubt he'll ever get close to Portugal. He's 23 already and they have a lot of younger attacking talents.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Great attacking performance, but we defend badly as a team. We have talent across the board, the 4 Diogos (Costa, Queir?s, Leite and Dalot) at GK and defense, are very good prospects. But we defende badly as a team. Offensively though... Awesome stuff.

Yeah was shocked by the defense performance from us. Need to fix it, offense wins you matches but defense wins you titles.

Farripas

[MENTION=29844]Farripas[/MENTION] :( We will get our revenge at EURO !

Let's hope so.

The germans were always on top. But i didn't like the options our coach had. Fabio Vieira was poor (as we was in the semi-final, despite being on the only goal). Gon?alo Ramos scored against Italy and then plays 5min in two matches (semi-final and the final). Rui Jorge had a poor tournament, in my opinion. Specially the final two games. The Gon?alo Ramos one, playing Rafael Le?o who did nothing in two games is baffling for me.

Bobo32

Was he called Vitinha - he should be a bit less or a bit more of a JJ Okocha in that case there - another turn and I think the goal would be open once more.

I thought one of the midfielders looked pretty good, but I don't remember his name now, who are the big promises of this u21 team?

Jenks

The Germans are just amazing to watch at every level, not in that they show any particularly amazing technical skill or flair, but they just play the game like it's easy. They stay very calm, they know exactly what they want to do, they pass and move, pass and move and have ice in their veins when opportunities arrive. It's no wonder they've won so much.

soul24rage

Now confirmed

Contract till end of WC26 it seems.

https://twitter.com/selecaoportugal/status/1612420554316828673

FmB37egXkAArNy4

khaled_a_d

Martinez is underrated NT coach IMO. Not among the greats but not a bad one by any means.

There weren't many available options tbf, especially mid-season

Windhook

This guy is the real-life version of Football Manager. Not underrated by any means, might even say a bit overrated having the luck to manage one of the most talented NT generations ever, Belgium.

Andresito

Staff member
Martinez is underrated NT coach IMO. Not among the greats but not a bad one by any means.

There weren't many available options tbf, especially mid-season

What has he really done with Belgium? Third place at WC? Sure they've been winning a lot and reached far in the NT rankings, but that doesn't really mean much if no titles show for it.

They could've done with an interim if that's the case. They have European qualifiers against Lichtenstein and Luxembourg in March, then in June Bosnia and Iceland. 3W 1D at worst with a donkey on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans