Petrinha's Barca

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
Nothing.
You're the biggest fan of Barcelona I ever met.

Where are you from? And sorry for the spamm.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
:D Well i love Barca so so muchhh as well as footie all my life, i dont think am the biggest fan here, there r way bigger ones that didnt have the opportunity to travel and see our Barca alive .... i was lucky and enjoyed the city and the footie with full lungs seizing the moments !!! :)
But tnx !!!
Am from Croatia.

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
omg.
You're from Croatia,and you go to watch one of bests games of Barcelona. I'm so glad with you!
You're really crazy fans of Barcelona,no doubt.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Thank uuu .. hehe yeah, when i was booking the Bilbao game i didnt have idea when the CL games wiill be neither with whome we will play so Arsenal was just a bonus, an awsome big bonus :D

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Okay, so after footie, time for my second passion - arts :wub: and our dear Gaudi :)

Gaudi, an artist, architect, visionare and a magician who was, despite of the laugh of the intellectuals and his city fellas making his dreams alive ... materials he used, coloures and curving shapes combined with some gothic spirit go way beyond the basic Art nouveu making it more sureal, a true fantasy and a sensuous design style ...

Casa Milla was the first of his buildings i saw, so expresionistic, with it's fantastic, organic forms in indulating fascade and roof line.

261ygwk.jpg

Usually called La Pedrera (the stone quarry), Casa Milla(called after a family that had an apartment at 1st floor) is Gaudi's greatest contribution to Barcelona civic architecture and his last work before he devoted himself entirely to the Sagrada Familia.

35hh3r9.jpg

The building, of course, completely departed from the established construction principals of the time was designed as an apartment blocks, eight storeys heigh.

ezie78.jpg

24b93mb.jpg

Intricate ironwork balconies by J.M.Jujol are like seaweed against the wave-like walls of white undressed stone.Filigran decorationes are the perfect example of the artcrafting so important for the modernism.

23w3dao.jpg

15qx0xw.jpg

2wluefa.jpg

The entrance - amazing heavy doors made of steel r just an example of the steel use that is a characteristic of all Gaudi buildings.

9q9vmh.jpg

Top flor houses Gaudi Museum with models of the building and nice designed chairs:

35a6g4j.jpg

24qn68x.jpg

28hjyau.jpg

xkt7pe.jpg

2mhxyx1.jpg

D gladly have this last one with some nice soft cushions for my reading sessions :wub:

5n0i34.jpg

There r no straight walls in the building.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
El pis de la pedreira - a recontruction of the typical civic apartment from the end of the 19th century offering kinda contrast between the middle class conservativism and and the buildings avant - garde :D

Hall:

ay3gg0.jpg

5a0t9e.jpg

Love the art nouveau posters - too bad there is a window reflection in it ...

95ztbr.jpg

hvw2nr.jpg

Salon

znoqz4.jpg

2cfwcis.jpg

e19jx2.jpg

Dining room

9jq7ts.jpg

Study, my fave, of course :D

23hoj8x.jpg

zjuql2.jpg

20swy92.jpg

Kitchen

2wq994o.jpg

2q2oaaw.jpg

262mn1f.jpg

mjmfjt.jpg

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
And, at the end, my fav place (after study & library, of course :p) - the roof terrace, a miraculous surealistic park of chimney - statues that look like medieval knights :wub: with a beautiful sight over Eixample (and S.Familia).

10gfdso.jpg

4ufe5l.jpg

25gb1xh.jpg

2u5g9e8.jpg

slnsyw.jpg

mbimtk.jpg

1r6ywn.jpg

1zv3hjq.jpg

20sbtqx.jpg

That's it for now, will add some more Gaudi stuff when catch time and combine pics from 3 diff cams, see ya soon :)

Home of Barca Fans