João Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would be nice of Laporta to call out the reporters in Madrid calling Koeman for a crybaby for criticizing the ref's decisions. Hopefully he's not planning to be as soft as Barto.

He might not want a confrontation with the press considering they literally tried to hound him out the last time he was President, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes and being strong and not meek and cowardly like his predecessor would be a good start.....

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If my memory serves me right Bartomeu or the club did complain about referees a few times before, rightfully or not. Perhaps Laporta genuinely didn't think officiating was an issue, or he saw it as somewhat a trivial issue and didn't want to be seen complaining about it this early in his presidency.

Not sure how I feel about that advertisement banner in Madrid promoting the el Clasico game, in the same spot where his campaign banner was hung. In hind sight it would have been great if we had won the game but now, eh.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure how I feel about that advertisement banner in Madrid promoting the el Clasico game, in the same spot where his campaign banner was hung. In hind sight it would have been great if we had won the game but now, eh.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was photoshopped and went viral on Twitter and not an actual real banner.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was photoshopped and went viral on Twitter and not an actual real banner.

Ohhh, I didn't know that.

I was thinking, if it was out of his own pocket, it's fine and some harmless provocation, but it was out of the club's coffer it was a waste of money.

ViscaFCB

I can't find the reference but Laporta and the board didn't believe the referee had as much a negative impact towards the final score which is why they haven't come out and protest against Gil Manzano's calls and VAR's incompetence (regardless of El Cl?sico). On the other hand, Laporta promised he would fight to get a seat in the table with the Spanish Referee Committee (the name might be wrong), but in El Curubito and other shows he said he wanted to fight for a seat aside of Florentino in such committee so it wouldn't be smart to criticize the same people who's approval you are seeking.

Joan

The only mistake, if wanna call it so, was the stoppage time. But these are always shortened.

Good call not to complain about it.

Barcilliant

Does anyone know if Laporta is making any serious moves in the transfer market and at board level?
Everything seems pretty underwhelming at the moment.

Andresito

Staff member
Does anyone know if Laporta is making any serious moves in the transfer market and at board level?

What do you expect? Transfers done already? No other club has signed any player so far.

I'm sure they're working full time on fixing the club. Everything doesn't have to be known to the media.

RiquiLeaks is already working overtime with the future kits of Barca. Can't do transfers as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

He has made quite a few signings/changes on the director's level since he took office. Mostly had nothing to do with the sporting area but necessary changes to ensure his vision is carried out.

Xaviniesta

EzN1XhVUcAgvtQZ

Home of Barca Fans