João Laporta

serghei

How do you foresee barca future in terms of being sold and falling into hands of a billionaire. Inevitable?

It wouldn't be inevitable if you had some actual rules in place. But with the corrupt UEFA? Totally inevitable. Ditching UEFA and their CL for a private competition where you decide who is allowed and who isn't is not truly realistic imo.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What exactly do you want?

Because I am not sure that even if you take 5-10 years of struggling, you will be able to beat the system. There is a system going on that is basically a death sentence for clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Madrid are temporarily safe, emphasis on temporarily.

If Barcelona and Madrid will manage to leverage their status into fighting off much much richer clubs who basically operate at a loss... it's an incredible achievement. But I find it very unlikely. In the end, money tends to win out.

Ok, Barca and Madrid could be great when run awesomely well. What about when they are run like shit, by rats and incompetent people who somehow find ways to win elections? Pray you survive stuff.

Btw, Chelsea had a 1.6bn pounds debt to Abramovich who has been erased somehow based on what I've read. How is that fair? It's not, we're like a dude trying to buy a Vacheron Constantin or a Patek Phillippe 60k watch with our normal early wages, competing with mega-loaded spoiled kids with billionaire parents who basically buy these luxury watches for fun.

That's Barca vs PSG analogy. Some have to raise money to buy things, some have it already and just try to find ways to spend it. It's far far easier to just have the money by default and just focus on spending it.

It is not a sustainable competition.

I understand why Laporta did what he did this summer, bringing players to make sure we don't fall further into oblivion. Yes, if we fall further it is going to become a downward spiral, I understand all of that.

I'd have preferred that he is more careful and prudent with the temporary oozing of cash/newfound wealth, whatever, and stop his spending spree and focus more effort on cutting the wage bill. The latest thing involving those 4 years is something in the right direction, even though I am not proud of the bad publicity that came with it and how it makes the entire institution look like fools.

I want him to pay down our debt more.

I just want him to stop and pause for a second, don't throw everything in and have a plan, a rather long-term one, not just for his presidency to bring the club back on healthy footing. If he is short-sighted as I suspect he is, he will only worry about the current season. What will happen in the next couple of years? I hope he has a sound plan.

Again, what are we going to sell next summer, and in the summer of 2024, 2025? Are they going to sell you and me? :lol:

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How do you foresee barca future in terms of being sold and falling into hands of a billionaire. Inevitable?

Yeah, probably inevitable. The socis will be swung by the president and board, whoever they are to vote in the direction they want.

serghei

I understand why Laporta did what he did this summer, bringing players to make sure we don't fall further into oblivion. Yes, if we fall further it is going to become a downward spiral, I understand all of that.

I'd have preferred that he is more careful and prudent with the temporary oozing of cash/newfound wealth, whatever, and stop his spending spree and focus more effort on cutting the wage bill. The latest thing involving those 4 years is something in the right direction, even though I am not proud of the bad publicity that came with it and how it makes the entire institution look like fools.

I want him to pay down our debt more.

I just want him to stop and pause for a second, don't throw everything in and have a plan, a rather long-term one, not just for his presidency to bring the club back on healthy footing. If he is short-sighted as I suspect he is, he will only worry about the current season. What will happen in the next couple of years? I hope he has a sound plan.

Again, what are we going to sell next summer, and in the summer of 2024, 2025? Are they going to sell you and me? :lol:

In 5 to 10 years, we will sell the club probably. This is the source of panic behind the Super-League obsession from Madrid and Barca in particular. The scare that the model does no longer add up, and every bad period of management is gonna generate major losses that can't be reasonably covered fast enough without sacrificing the club's no1 objective, staying at the top of the game.

Again, in ideal circumstances, with proper leadership in terms of President and board, the club can raise the money needed to be super-competitive. Football has gotten absurd in terms of money, but it's still just manageable enough, but only for smart leaders. But there is no guarantee that political clubs will elect proper leaders all the time. Look at real life, it's a never ending cycle, bad, good, slightly bad, decent, bad, good, shit, great, bad, good, shit, good. When it's good, you'll make enough to keep functioning at the elite level. But who covers the shit? From which money? Back in the day, 20 years ago the shit was easily coverable. Now the shit is hundreds of millions of damage.

If Barcelona is privately owned, and basically Bartomeu has to answer to an owner. The guy is a) fired by the owner for sheer incompetence before he blows the hole ship up, or b) he is not fired, he causes major losses for the club and the owner covers it because it's his fault the guy wasn't fired in the end. When you have the most power, and you bring in the money, it's your responsability. You fuck up, hire clowns, have 10 billions net worth, cover the losses of your own fuck up and do better next time.

That's what is about. But what if b) is not on the table at all. An incompetent is in charge, he doesn't have anyone to cut his head off in time, and instead he will proceed to lie and sink the club into many years of problems? That's really bad.

For me, there is a sound principle in bussiness in general, which is valid. Whenever you risk your own wealth and your own money, you have the most to lose and you are the most alert, because it's your own future at stake. Barcelona's circle of responsibility is sketchy, and it's basically down to the moral fiber of the president. If you have a shit president, he has enough means to blow shit up.

Bartomeu the rat torpedoed the club, and the guy is out of his mandate, chilling in the Caribbean or some shit like that drinking Pina Coladas. And you have to pay the bill. The club can't really pay it because it has no real money, except what they make. And you can't make money without spending money. This is the key problem. Private ownership will solve it.

serghei

Another thing. Laporta is not selling assets to have a bigger dick than the other clubs. Even while selling the assets he is doing it to have an average dick that still has to be compensated by a great personality, because the alternative would be not having any dick at all and start using your tongue all the time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think for members-owned clubs like ours, all club presidents have, or had the best interest of the club at heart when they came into the office. Nobody was trying to profit for his and her own interest, and they all wanted to do their best, even though it is not their own money on the line (their reputation, especially for businessmen and women, is probably equally important these days). But yes, if they fuck up they are out of here and the next one has to inherit a mess and wipe their butt for them. Also the tendency for club presidents to be short-sighted, only worrying about the present time or the duration of his or her term. The lack of continuity, responsibility and inconsistency breed as a result. It is truly the most disadvantageous part for members-owned clubs. Whereas those privately-owned clubs, sure it is their own money but you are not guaranteed to have an owner(s) with the best interest of the club being the most important goal for them, they might completely different goals and designs for the club.

It is almost like states, democracies vs. autocracies. I still think the former is better, even with its flaws. Anyways, I'd like that we stay members-owned for as long as we can. And if we are lucky we get our own Florentino Perez soon.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bartomeu was a soft dick as President.

No authority whatsoever. A total loser. Our players definitely exploited his weak personality and leadership style.

serghei

Bartomeu started with the best intentions, but as soon as he realized the shit is way beyond solving in a good way for him, it was RATMODE ON and the hell with the club.

As for Laporta, he took over more than anyone could chew. If he makes it work and recovers the finances in 2 mandates by 2030 or so, build him a statue in front of Camp Nou.

Laporta in 2010 when he left:

547650926da811cb0d6eb7a7

Laporta in 2021 when he came back:

RS56910_Kahle_Burns_2018_WSOP.JPG

Last edited:

malvolio

Bartomeu started with the best intentions, but as soon as he realized the shit is way beyond solving in a good way for him, it was RATMODE ON and the hell with the club.

As for Laporta, he took over more than anyone could chew. If he makes it work and recovers the finances in 2 mandates by 2030 or so, build him a statue in front of Camp Nou.

Laporta in 2010 when he left:

547650926da811cb0d6eb7a7

Laporta in 2021 when he came back:

RS56910_Kahle_Burns_2018_WSOP.JPG

You might want to go back and have a look at what Laporta left in 2010.

https://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/...Sandro,the Spanish champions' ailing finances.

Same old shit at this club really.

serghei

You might want to go back and have a look at what Laporta left in 2010.

https://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/...Sandro,the Spanish champions' ailing finances.

Same old shit at this club really.

100m debt while winning what he won? That's like the left leg of Coutinho + his right nut. :lol: That's it.

Also, don't tell me you think 2011 season was not Laporta's work. :lol:

If you want to see the legacy of Rosell + Bartomeu it's post Pep era. 1 CL in 9 years, and 5-6 humiliations. All during prime or slightly post-prime Messi era mind you.

Probably Pep Barca and Nadal-Djokovic-Federer era is the greatest sporting excellence you'll ever see before you die.

It's like watching Ali in the 70s or Senna driving in late 80s and early 90s.

Last edited:

malvolio

Club is still used by the Catalan elites as a political tool. It is self sustainable with a bigger pull than many other clubs around. Real and Barca will never disappear as big clubs because of their geographical position and history.

If ți comes to Barca not being able to compete financially and all players wanting to play in England for the money, than maybe we'll consider selling. Otherwise can't see it.

malvolio

100m debt while winning what he won? That's like the left leg of Coutinho + his right nut. :lol: That's it.

Also, don't tell me you think 2011 season was not Laporta's work. :lol:

If you want to see the legacy of Rosell + Bartomeu it's post Pep era. 1 CL in 9 years, and 5-6 humiliations. All during prime or slightly post-prime Messi era mind you.

716 overall mate.

serghei

716 overall mate.

Overall?

As in the club didn't have any debt before Laporta?

This is like winning big at life, getting yourself the latest Ferrari model and moaning that a tire change is costing you way more than a tire change for a Skoda Fabia.

Legendary teams are expensive to maintain.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No matter how much of those 716m debt was what he inherited from his predecessors, a loss of 100m was entirely on Laporta, a huge figure today and even bigger figure 12 years ago.

He is a lawyer, politician, motivational speaker and pep talker, not a business genius obviously. The failed CF Reus adventure, where he brought one of his partners in crime to head our office in Hong Kong now... :facepalm:

Last edited:

serghei

No matter how much of those 716m debt was what he inherited from his predecessors, a loss of 100m was entirely on Laporta, a huge figure today and even bigger figure 12 years ago.

As said, all big clubs who achieve awesome results will operate at a loss because once you hit it big, the decline will follow if you don't invest. Weren't we paying ourselves to have Unicef on the shirt around that time?

The club did invest into some bad transfers I think in summer of 2010. Chigryinskyi I think, Zlatan.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans