João Laporta

serghei

Delayed payment vs paycut is like night and day. The players should have taken pay cuts. Nobody will repay the cub the losses that they suffered due to that covid season and a half.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Alemany said it himself a few weeks ago. That they will never do deferred wages again at the club. If someone want to help the club, take a paycut. Especially when you're already on an inflated salary compared to your peers at other clubs.

If that's an issue leave the club.

serghei

I think Alemany said it himself a few weeks ago. That they will never do deferred wages again at the club. If someone want to help the club, take a paycut. Especially when you're already on an inflated salary compared to your peers at other clubs.

If he did say it, can't agree more. Deferred payment is a chickenshit method to pass the problem in the future. Something Barto was a master at as the rat that he was.

Everything that comes out shows how far ahead Madrid management was compared to ours. :facepalm:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think the club should play hard ball with both Pique and Busquets too. We owe 50m+ to Pique in deferred wages alone. Tell them both that they are either gonna get a small part of it or none at all.

What are they going to do? Drag the club to court? Makes them no different than Neymar then.

serghei

I think the club should play hard ball with both Pique and Busquets too. We owe 50m+ to Pique in deferred wages alone. Tell them both that they are either gonna get a small part of it or none at all.

What are they going to do? Drag the club to court? Makes them no different than Neymar then.

They have some other ways too. Simply postpone it over and over again. Some day Milan Pique will sue us in 2067. :lol:

Klysmakabouter

What are these inflated salaries, what are your sources and to which peers you are comparing them exactly?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, deferment is so lame, kicking the can down the road and not really solving the problem. This is the problem this club had or still has, not knowing better like Madrid as to how to handle it the right way.

Joan

ARA is a tier 3 on their good day. And I see they're the main source. I'm yet to see a reputable source report that.

But I might take a guess where that number is coming from. They're probably working with Sport's and Canut's reported salary of 28m gross. Add on that the deferred wages and you'll get close. 28 + 28 - what Pique claimed he got with his screenshot gets you at 47. Don't have the numbers for 2020/21, he was under a different contract that season. Remains to be seen. The club denied that numbers and Barca's annual report implies that deferred wages for 2020/21 will be paid at the end of contracts.

Last edited:

terryzinc

They deferred the money which means they owe the money. You cannot avoid paying it. Now he wants them to accept paycuts... lol... not happening. These players are owed millions Pique for example is owed 50 million. You better believe Pique and these players will take them to court. Also the Players Assocation and La Liga and FFPI will step in you cannot legally rip players off like this. They will not be able to get away with it no way.

Instead of paying millions to new players he needed to pay off the old players first.

Laporta is as big an idiot as Barto. All his fake levers will not save this club he is just postponing the disaster for down the road like Barto did. Same thing.

Also Lewi is old, Dembele is injury prone, Raphina is not a goal scorer, Alonso is old, Ferran SUCKS not a goal scorer, and Depay (and FDJ) is better than Auba but they will not sell Auba but want to sell Depay (and FDJ) and Auba is untouchable wtf??? They used the levers for this mess unbelievable plus added salaries of Kessie and Christenson... I hate to say it but RM's boss knows how to run a club when he makes mistakes they do not destroy the club plus he sells off players with no problems. SMH.

And he is not some sort of financial genius his levers are 150 million less then he realized. This club is going to be screwed moving down the road because of Laporta like it was with Barto.

Last edited:

terryzinc

They deferred the money which means they owe the money. You cannot avoid paying it. Now he wants them to accept paycuts... lol... not happening. These players are owed millions Pique for example is owed 50 million. You better believe Pique and these players will take them to court. Also the Players Assocation and La Liga and FFPI will step in you cannot legally rip players off like this. They will not be able to get away with it no way.

Instead of paying millions to new players he needed to pay off the old players first.

Laporta is as big an idiot as Barto. All his fake levers will not save this club he is just postponing the disaster for down the road like Barto did. Same thing.

Also Lewi is old, Dembele is injury prone, Raphina is not a goal scorer, Alonso is old, Ferran SUCKS not a goal scorer, and Depay is better than Aba but they will not sell Aba but want to sell Depay they used the levers for this mess unbelievable plus added salaries of Kessie and Christenson...

Home of Barca Fans