João Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rafa Yuste and Laporta clear that the team should have a 'La Masia' backbone supplied by world class signings.

Bobo32

Rafa Yuste and Laporta clear that the team should have a 'La Masia' backbone supplied by world class signings.

Zidanes y Pavones!
Well I hope the world class signings are more of the Dani Alves or David Villa type - preferrably players from the league, not too young and not too old, with some Barca-DNA.
Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o and so on were great signings, on their way up, Haaland would be a similar kind of signing today and I guess I'd be okay with him as well, but I hope "world class signing" doesn't mean too many Zlatan, Suarez, Griezmann, Coutinho type deals; players already on the top who are a bit uncertain to fit.

Vilarrubi

From those close to the players, it is assured that they will be ‘ready’ to negotiate a wage-cut if Joan Laporta asks them to do so. The players see Laporta as a valid president & they’ll prepared to discuss about a wage-cut if necessary. @victor_nahe

behindbrowneyes

Not surprising. Wrote about this way before elections that some older, club legend-players like Busi or Pique might take a wage-cut under Laporta's presidency. The more players take one, the better.

I know all of them already gave up on money due to the pandemic.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique I think will retire after next season and join Laporta's board.

Last time around Laporta failed to groom a successor and it cost us severely with Rosell and Barto. This time around I think Pique will be that successor and run in 2026.

Busquets will also be demoted to bench material soon I think. One of the reasons the players respect someone like Laporta is because he's honest with them. The man spied on the players back in 2008-09(lol), supported moving on from vets like Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o and those players still respect him a lot.

Hopefully he'll be able to sit down with these guys and tell them that we need to move on from them for the sake of the club.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Pique I think will retire after next season and join Laporta's board.

Last time around Laporta failed to groom a successor and it cost us severely with Rosell and Barto. This time around I think Pique will be that successor and run in 2026.

Busquets will also be demoted to bench material soon I think. One of the reasons the players respect someone like Laporta is because he's honest with them. The man spied on the players back in 2008-09(lol), supported moving on from vets like Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o and those players still respect him a lot.

Hopefully he'll be able to sit down with these guys and tell them that we need to move on from them for the sake of the club.
Pique was open to leaving after last CL.
I think Laporta should sit down with Griezmann, Dembele, Pjanic etc first. These are players who do not care for the club, who maybe can bring at least one euro in transfer fee, and who are constantly underperforming. Busquets and Pique are still the best fit for their positions, maybe even in the world, and also emotionally involved in the club. I hope they play for a few more years.

Busquets could be a manager, as Sergi Roberto said (I don't think Roberto will, though...)

Home of Barca Fans