João Laporta

malvolio

Not laporta suggesting that messi should play for free when he already took a 50% paycut ( maximum allowed in spain) . this is why you never trust politicians. i cant believe laporta of all people is using messi as a shield. meanwhile keyman coutinho is on astronomical wages and ghosting every game, griezman was giving cardio sessions and umtiti was training hospital doctors. we really didnt deserve lucking out with the greatest ever play to lose him in such a shameful way, then to backstab him. but it seems its in our character to do that, similar thing happened to ronaldo in 97.

If Messi would have been a born and bred Catalan... :benitez:

vegitot

Not laporta suggesting that messi should play for free when he already took a 50% paycut ( maximum allowed in spain) . this is why you never trust politicians. i cant believe laporta of all people is using messi as a shield. meanwhile keyman coutinho is on astronomical wages and ghosting every game, griezman was giving cardio sessions and umtiti was training hospital doctors. we really didnt deserve lucking out with the greatest ever play to lose him in such a shameful way, then to backstab him. but it seems its in our character to do that, similar thing happened to ronaldo in 97.

Ronaldo wanted more money and Inter offered enough.

Zebulun

Ronaldo wanted more money and Inter offered enough.

of course he did, he was the best player in the world at the time. it all depends on the lens you see it through. barca historically always has problems with players. i love my club but, i cant deny that.

Morten

of course he did, he was the best player in the world at the time. it all depends on the lens you see it through. barca historically always has problems with players. i love my club but, i cant deny that.

How so?

Any club has trouble with players at some point.

Zebulun

How so?

Any club has trouble with players at some point.

true but we had the best player in the world ( ronaldo) wanted him to play for peanuts when he was generating alot more due to his stardom with brazil. fast forward, we have the greatest player, who agreed the biggest paycut, papered over cracks for years, but the same president who built his presidential campaign around keeping messi did the opposite and now, is literally slapping him in the face. so we have different presidents doing the same shit decades apart. i guess i never fully accepted the toxic part of barca.

Devils

This sicko actually said in an interview that he hoped Messi would play for free.

During his Presidential campaign: "I will make Messi an offer he can't refuse."

Today: "I was hoping he would play for free."

These Catalans lol

mc_lovin

He also said Jordi Cruyff played a big role in giving Koeman continuity, which implies we didn't keep him for money issues.

Messigician

We wanted Messi to play for us for FREE, admit Barcelona, with president Joan Laporta confessing just how deep their financial crisis has gone... even though he tried to re-sign NEYMAR in a misguided move while heading for ?1bn debts

Crazy Catalans

jairzinho

Just stumbled on our wiki page. Had to do a double take, then i realized it probably hasn't been updated in a whlie. :lol:

It is the fourth-most valuable sports team in the world, worth $4.06 billion, and the world's richest football club in terms of revenue, with an annual turnover of €840.8 million.

SmilerBam

This fucker lost it. He is past it. Can't believe what a monumental waste of space this once great president was. He declined even worse than Busi.

Horatio

You're welcome
This sicko actually said in an interview that he hoped Messi would play for free.

During his Presidential campaign: "I will make Messi an offer he can't refuse."

Today: "I was hoping he would play for free."

These Catalans lol

In his defense: he also said Messi would have been compensated further down the line. He meant for Messi to play free until financial situation improved.

Home of Barca Fans