João Laporta

Birdy

I also agree with BBZ on this style require a more specific and more talented batch to execute well.

Also, there was a big segment on Sky Sports a year ago with Neville and Carragher on best English team of all time. They used the following points metric.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-neville-rank-the-greatest-english-club-sides
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ZFRjy0Dcg

Someone ran this metric for all European teams and got the following:

1. Ajax (1970-1973) - 30 pts
2. Barcelona (2008-2011) - 28 pts
=3. Steaua Bucharest (1985-1988), Real Madrid (2015-2018) - 25 pts
=4. Real Madrid (1956-1959), Celtic (1966-1969), Bayern Munich (1973-1976) - 24 pts
=5. Real Madrid (1955-1958), Liverpool (1975-1978) - 23 pts
=6. Real Madrid (1957-1960), Barcelona (2014-2017), Bayern Munich (2017-2020) - 22 pts
=7. Inter (1963-1966) , PSV Eindhoven (1986-1989), Red Star Belgrade (1989-1992), Man Utd (2006-2009) - 21 pts
=8. Benfica (1959-1962), Liverpool (1981-1984), AC Milan (1991-1994), Ajax (1993-1996), Juventus (1995-1998), Man Utd (1998-2001), Porto (2002-2005), Inter (2007-2010) - 20 pts
=9. AC Milan (1987-1990), Real Madrid (1999-2002) - 19 pts
=10. Nottingham Forest (1977-1980), Juventus (1983-1986), Barcelona (1990-1993), AC Milan (1992-1995) - 18 pts
11. Porto (1984-1987) - 16 pts
=12. Stade de Reims (1957-1960), Marseille (1990-1993), AC Milan (2002-2005) - 15 pts

So while the pref of styles is subjective, there also appears to be an objective component - Look at the separation between Ajax and Barcelona and the rest. Hard to execute but legendary/memorable AND highest results at the same time.

There are two caveats here:
1) The point system itself.
It's very subjective how many points exactly are allocated for each trophy, and it's quite hard to come up with an objective quantification of that

2)The parsing of the period.
It's all nice to stipulate only 3-yr periods for each team compared, but it doesn't really work like that as the year interval can vary
Pep's Barca ended in 2012, not 2011. That would mean more points in total but in 4 seasons.
A solution would be to calculate all points across all seasons a certain team actually existed, and then calculate a point/season metric

KingLeo10

There are two caveats here:
1) The point system itself.
It's very subjective how many points exactly are allocated for each trophy, and it's quite hard to come up with an objective quantification of that

2)The parsing of the period.
It's all nice to stipulate only 3-yr periods for each team compared, but it doesn't really work like that as the year interval can vary
Pep's Barca ended in 2012, not 2011. That would mean more points in total but in 4 seasons.
A solution would be to calculate all points across all seasons a certain team actually existed, and then calculate a point/season metric

Well...agreed, it's a metric. Not THE metric.

The bolded- That's just another way of looking at historical trophy count, isn't it? Without even calculating, I would think RM would be 1st, Barcelona 2nd and so forth (maybe Juventus would be top 2 as well considering all their league titles).

Also, runs into rules change issues (only league winners being allowed to even play CL until 1993) and is likely to be biased towards bigger teams/ teams with more money (and in a weird way, also biased towards teams from smaller leagues like Celtic or Rangers who dominate domestically...if we don't adjust points for relative league strengths).

There really isn't an easy metric, which is why I just proposed that simplistic one for a rough comparison.

iniestaGOAT

Javier Tebas: “I have Bar?a’s accounts. They’re not in that bad of a financial crisis. The new board is trying to blame the previous board for everything.”

Triple Threat match

Messigician

La Liga president Javier Tebas continues his criticism of PSG:

"I can show you, with the figures, the cheating with regard to Financial Fair Play."

What's gotten into him, taking shots at literally everyone lmfao

KingLeo10

With the way Javier had gone unhinged taking shots at everyone, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he's Messigician.

:lol:

Barcilliant

"I can show you, with the figures, the cheating with regard to Financial Fair Play."

Instead of working with Laporta and Perez to make la liga stronger he spends all hs time badmouthing others. Now Saudi have taken over Newcastle he has another target lol.

FinBarcelonafan

I think he is out of job soon. He knows it and doesn't give a **** anymore.

He should burn PSG to the ground though.

Messigician

This president is so fkn dumb man

Laporta: "Neymar? In the summer we understood that we had a margin, and we made an attempt for Neymar. They told us that he wanted to leave, that he would not continue."

Zebulun

Not laporta suggesting that messi should play for free when he already took a 50% paycut ( maximum allowed in spain) . this is why you never trust politicians. i cant believe laporta of all people is using messi as a shield. meanwhile keyman coutinho is on astronomical wages and ghosting every game, griezman was giving cardio sessions and umtiti was training hospital doctors. we really didnt deserve lucking out with the greatest ever play to lose him in such a shameful way, then to backstab him. but it seems its in our character to do that, similar thing happened to ronaldo in 97.

Home of Barca Fans