João Laporta

jairzinho

I see nothing wrong with people holding him accountable when necessary. Guess some wouldn't mind if he does whatever the fuck he wants.

Bobo32

If his decisions are right or wrong will be easier to say after some time has passed
I lack insight, and I don't blindly trust Laporta, but the worth of these decisions aren't going to show in days or months, nevermind hours or minutes, of course...

Last time, his good decisions had the club competitive for 5 years after he left. He now has 10+ years of bad decisions to make up for.
I think Pimienta seemed to be a good guy, competent and sound, and I would like to know more about that sacking tbh.

Barcilliant

It's not just one single decision of Laportas that bothers me. Look at the rumors linking us to Lautaro. Lautaro is a Barto type signing. We just don't need him. He is mediocre and even Griezmann is twice the player. This would be another big signing flop. If we get anyone it should be Lukaku. Give them Pjanic, Umtiti and Firpo.
I am not sure which direction Laporta is taking us in. He seems to have a scatterbrain shotgun approach. I'm not sure if there is a proper plan.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Part of the thing too is its objective not true that he is offered himself to be "on the market" when Dortmund asked him to come and he turned them down. Lucho learned a shit ton from his struggles at Roma, he challenged himself and expanded upon his ideas after some of what he experienced in Rome once he got here. It is irritating that Xavi isn't trying to do the same, even though the things he has done with Al Saad are indeed commendable.

I think him and Pimienta all comes down to La Masia. Laporta clearly wants to handle reshaping that specific situation himself by reinstating what was once there. There isn't anything inherently right or wrong with that approach at this point in time. It has its risks definitely and I really do feel for Pimienta because I respect what he has done for this club a ton. Although I initially disagree with it at face value, there is clearly a lot more at play in this and I think its most likely that Pimienta was at odds with the direction Laporta wanting to take.

You can't really fault Laporta for cleaning house with a majority of the people he has removed so far. This has been the first questionable one definitely and I hope he clarifies his reasons for it but we need to chill. No need to bring out the pitchforks over one decision.

Bobo32

It's not just one single decision of Laportas that bothers me. Look at the rumors linking us to Lautaro. Lautaro is a Barto type signing. We just don't need him. He is mediocre and even Griezmann is twice the player. This would be another big signing flop. If we get anyone it should be Lukaku. Give them Pjanic, Umtiti and Firpo.
I am not sure which direction Laporta is taking us in. He seems to have a scatterbrain shotgun approach. I'm not sure if there is a proper plan.

It's hard to be right now, his campaign was correctly criticized for this.
But you shouldn't be too bothered by what players are rumoured to be linked, surely?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca Assembly today is going to be interesting.

Jordi Moix is going to defend last board's 2019/20 financial year and the budget they proposed for 2020/21 in front of the socis eligible to attend.

DonAK

Very interesting interview in La Vanguardia.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/deportes/fc-barcelona/20210620/7542877/club-esta-peor-pensaba.html

Said there will be three or four more signings prior to the Memphis announcement, but we might have to rely on player exchanges due to our financial situation which takes time and is tricky because some players are on salaries that make no sense according to their market value which a new team cannot take on for obvious reasons lol.

Rassvet

Very interesting interview in La Vanguardia.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/deportes/fc-barcelona/20210620/7542877/club-esta-peor-pensaba.html

Said there will be three or four more signings prior to the Memphis announcement, but we might have to rely on player exchanges due to our financial situation which takes time and is tricky because some players are on salaries that make no sense according to their market value which a new team cannot take on for obvious reasons lol.

Aguero helps, he tells Messi every day to stay
I knew it. The reports that Messi has decided to stay are BS and they're getting desperate now.

DonAK

I knew it. The reports that Messi has decided to stay are BS and they're getting desperate now.

You just pulled out one part of a longer quote about Messi where he was joking while he also says he's confident he'll stay and sign for another two years.

Messi might be holding on from putting pen on paper to see if they're really working to improve the squad, but he's still more likely to stay than leave.

DonAK

Besides if Messi goes to PSG like you're hoping @Rassvet and they still fail to win the CL which honestly isn't out of the question if Mbappe dips it'll hurt his legacy more than staying at Barcelona and getting bounced out in the QF.

Going to the team that beat you last time in the CL, to team up with Neymar again to form a super team in League Uber Eats AND still failing to win the CL would be a disaster.

Rassvet

You just pulled out one part of a longer quote about Messi where he was joking while he also says he's confident he'll stay and sign for another two years.

Messi might be holding on from putting pen on paper to see if they're really working to improve the squad, but he's still more likely to stay than leave.

He said they want Messi to stay, not even that they are confident of it (at least in the section I saw)

DonAK

Not really, he can rack up domestic trophies, conquer France, and either win CL or at least be competitive in it. Or he can stay and enjoy the annual CL humiliations and focus on the copa del rey.

With all due respect.....no one cares or respects the domestic titles won in France when there's no other team even close to the budget, personnel PSG have.

PSG not winning the league is catastrophic. That's how lopsided it is.

Not a shot towards PSG fans, but just how it is.

He'll end up in a same scenario as with Neymar, but an even worse one where it's CL or bust and he has two years to make it happen. If Messi doesn't win the CL with PSG it's a bust and a stain on his legacy.

Home of Barca Fans