João Laporta

Messigician

Leonardo: "Messi's idea was to stay in Barcelona. We had contacts since January, but his desire was to stay. After his story with Barcelona ended, we contacted him again."

Confirms Laprota kicked out Messi no conspiracy nothing

MTL_Barca

Laporta will do whatever he thinks makes him look better than Bartomeu. This far it was enough to just sell/loan some players because of the bad financial situation but at some point fans/media will start to hold him accountable for the state of the team.

Next coach and transfers will be very important, we simply can't afford more misses. While the team was still relatively good it didn't matter if the manager is average or some transfers flop but that luxury is gone.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I just hope Laporta's obsessesion with Cruyffism doesn't ruin the club further. He made some encouraging remarks about German managers early in his tenure. We should get one.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Laporta will do whatever he thinks makes him look better than Bartomeu. This far it was enough to just sell/loan some players because of the bad financial situation but at some point fans/media will start to hold him accountable for the state of the team.

Next coach and transfers will be very important, we simply can't afford more misses. While the team was still relatively good it didn't matter if the manager is average or some transfers flop but that luxury is gone.

Forest through the trees

Laporta has to contend with the catastrophic mess Bartomeu left the club in, he has already accomplished a great deal in short time and I have no doubt he will continue to put us on the right path to recovery

If he is blamed for things this soon it would only underscore how myopic many are to appreciate solutions will not happen overnight. The main criticism I could even consider at this point was not firing Koeman this summer but of course we still hadn't recovered enough money to do that without taking a substantial hit in terminating early...yet again due to the financial malfeasance of Bartomeu. All things being equal, Leo would've renewed and a new coach would've been appointed but that was not possible due to the dire situation Barto left the club in

Now, already into the season means most legitimate candidates will not enter into it. January might be possible for Xavi & I suspect behind the scenes Laporta is vetting candidates to take over. An argument can be made to simply fire now and even let Pimienta take over until a coach like Xavi will arrive. Primarily because the team needs to play in a way that will evoke fan confidence, joy & interest - even with reduced stadium capacity few are going to continue coming to watch Koeman's ridiculous football

Mateka

Surely Koeman has this season to complete. No Messi, no money, and selling whoever can raise a dollar. Should the time comes for Koeman to go, it has to be without large payoff. Also, whoever manages Barca this season and possibly next is in the firing line. Leave Koeman as long as possible, until a well thought out successor is found.
Koeman should be bulletproof this season.

Bobo32

This kind of reasoning is strange to me
Last season was full of these excuses as well, most of them also came from the fat cows mouth itself, even though he always was sure to say he doesn't like excuses....

But we see the games, we can make our opinion about what is good and what is not. He has to make a good job whether Messi is there or not, he will of course be judged with circumstances in mind, but he doesn't become bulletproof out of nothing because Messi left or because he puts young players on the pitch after he already lost the game etc.

Total-Football

I have never seen a manager criticizing his own decisions in my life.. After the game he said basically that dejon is slow.. U Played him u fat mother fucker what does that even mean

iniestaGOAT

I have never seen a manager criticizing his own decisions in my life.. After the game he said basically that dejon is slow.. U Played him u fat mother fucker what does that even mean

I cant believe he said a team he couldnt believe a team like barca does not have a player like luuk de jong and if theres a cross he is better than neymar.

He needs to go quick.

Messigician

No one beleive a single word he says

Barcelona presidential candidate Joan Laporta shared his opinion about the situation with striker Lionel Messi.

How to convince Messi to stay?

I have a good relationship with Leo. I've earned his trust. He always told me: "Everything you promised, you have fulfilled." He knows that we will do what we offer. We must show our affection for him. He needs to know that we want him.

I will do everything possible for him to finish his sports career at the very top. The same goes for other players from this generation: Busquets, Pique, Alba, and so on. They have to go out the front door, like Iniesta, Puyol and Xavi.

No wonder Messi was so upset

Messigician

It is difficult to believe that Bar?a can face the signing of Erling Haaland next summer, but President Laporta hopes to convince the player and his agent for the friendship that unites him with Raiola. [md]

Dies of cringe

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://twitter.com/JoanLaportaFCB/status/1440346508780470281?s=20

''Be calm, we know what needs to be done'' sounds like Koeman is out the door very soon. And credit to Laporta for making little updates like this, shows we actually have a president who cares and wants to communicate with the fans now.

Agreed on the second point but it is not necessarily indicative of Koeman's sacking. He said the same after our loss to Bayern. It is practically the same message, "we know what needs to be done and we will fix it". I appreciate Laporta coming out and offering something like this, it shows how nimble he is. However, if he repeats this one more time without any real actions (not necessarily sacking Koeman), it loses all the significance and meaning.

Devils

He's saying it because the fans were whistling our players and throwing trash at the Granada bench.

As the capacity of the stadium keeps going up it's just going to get more and more hostile.

Rassvet

He's saying it because the fans were whistling our players and throwing trash at the Granada bench.

As the capacity of the stadium keeps going up it's just going to get more and more hostile.

I need to see Umtiti subbed on once just for the boos. It could be the highlight of the season in my book.

Home of Barca Fans