João Laporta

Barcilliant

The various European powerhouses need to press UEFA on this issue. Either they introduce proper rules to prevent this financial doping or we split from UEFA. Even if we went to Ligue 1 we would struggle in the long term financially.
I would personally like to see every club being forced to use 4-5 players from the academy ie they joined the club from the max age of 13. Strict rules that result 8n expulsion from European competition and domestic points deduction if rules are breached.
Football needs to go back to its grassroots. Sick of these billionaires ruining the game.

iniestaGOAT

Not even close. Another Bartomeu is right behind door no2.

Barca in the hands of someone or some corporation with big funds would be City on steroids. Imagine if we had United money...

Football wise it's unbeatable. Only problem is Mes Que un Club part and catalan nationalism take a big hit.

I doubt we can get back to signing mega players consistently like in the past considering we've basically been blown away financially by oil states and billionaires with huge pockets at most of our European rivals.

Days of Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o, Henry, Neymar, Suarez, Rivaldo, superstars like that, multiple at once, goodbye for life.

If we see Barca fans getting used to that on constant basis, and then maybe we don't need to sell. Doubt they can though.

Those days are gone cause those superstars don't exist

Now we only have fake made up stars whos hype is dead in 2 years.

However we signed closest thing to a superstar in lewandowski. He is 35 but he rejected a lot of teams to come here.

snowy

The various European powerhouses need to press UEFA on this issue. Either they introduce proper rules to prevent this financial doping or we split from UEFA. Even if we went to Ligue 1 we would struggle in the long term financially.
I would personally like to see every club being forced to use 4-5 players from the academy ie they joined the club from the max age of 13. Strict rules that result 8n expulsion from European competition and domestic points deduction if rules are breached.
Football needs to go back to its grassroots. Sick of these billionaires ruining the game.

This could be a solution.

It would encourage clubs to funnel capital into their training centres and also early scouting. 13 might be a stretch though but maybe 15

Combine that with a standardized salary cap accross all leagues with a performanced based bonus system with again standardized metrics for each position.

This would have the merit to make players hungrier to gain that extra edge and push out some out of their comfort / tourist mode

so basically, good for players, good for fans and good for clubs.

dunno if it can be done though :shrug:

gregorrin10

Just sell the club and fuck Tebas. Football will be better and you will actually have the money to compete with the richest teams.

That's where it is going anyway, a game funded by rich billionaires and oil state sheiks.

What the fuck happened to you. You always had such good and sensible comments in the past, with which I very often agreed completely...and nowadays you're just another troll. It's like your evil idiot twin took over your account or something. :lol:

delancey

What the fuck happened to you. You always had such good and sensible comments in the past, with which I very often agreed completely...and nowadays you're just another troll. It's like your evil idiot twin took over your account or something. :lol:

Why do you disagree? Do you have more confidence in thousands of old Catalan Socios voting in the next Bartomeu than a for-profit corporation operating beyond Catalan pride?

The past is the best indicator of the future, or so they say. This is not always true, of course, but it often is. What makes you think that the next Catalan President, or the one after that, will be sensible enough to avoid past mistakes? We have had several of them in a row, that is, incompetent Presidents who jeopardize the clubs reputation and future.

I say privatize the company ala Man United. Why not?

Last edited:

malvolio

Come on man united and Liverpool owners are about to run and sell the team cause they know it ain't sustainable

i think they are selling because it is a good time to cash out.

they'll make a huge profit. united bought for 790 million pounds, will probably get sold for 4-5 billion pounds. liverpool bought for 300 million pounds, will probably get sold for 3-4 billion pounds.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
All those clubs owned by some billionaire and rich states, which clubs have been managed that great? I can only think of City. They have an ambitious plan not just with City but with the entire CFG. All the other ones are just a vehicle/platform for the owner(s) to either generate money or good publicity and have not been managed that well at all.

serghei

All those clubs owned by some billionaire and rich states, which clubs have been managed that great? I can only think of City. They have an ambitious plan not just with City but with the entire CFG. All the other ones are just a vehicle/platform for the owner(s) to either generate money or good publicity and have not been managed that well at all.

But those clubs aren't as big as Barca. You can't compare Barca with Chelsea, City, and PSG for example.

I don't think that just because we will be privately owned suddenly La Masia will not stay the same and we will change much for example. Good investors don't just go and ruin the assets of a club, they look to make them better in a way that the current fan owned model is limiting.

Last edited:

Porque

Newcastle seem to be sticking with a sports project plan. Compare their signings with other clubs directly after takeover.

Let's see if they go crazy with CL qualification though.

serghei

Buying a club like Barcelona is much more immediate in terms of impact, because you buy many valuable assets that are already in place, and working, and just need cashflow to run the ship in this expensive current football climate.

Barca doesn't have any issues atm, except the ability to inject capital. We solve that, everybody fears us.

We saw a glimpse of it last summer. Got capital, every player we wanted wanted to join. And we were not even that good at that time, winning nothing and all.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But those clubs aren't as big as Barca. You can't compare Barca with Chelsea and PSG for example.

It doesn't matter though. Whoever buys Barca or Madrid etc. will want to capitalize on their brand power to make money in the end. Everything will be centered around profitability, of course the club might benefit along the way but decisions will be made not for the benefit of the club and the wishes and hopes of its members and fans etc., rather almost entirely on profitability and we will be constantly at the mercy of the owner(s)' whims.

Someone will take over us, I'd imagine will get rid of most of the other sections such as handball, futsal, roller hockey etc., and definitely women's basketball, volleyball, ice hockey, track and field, wheelchair basketball as these are absolutely not making any money, it will be the end of the club as a multi-sport club instantly, which will be extremely sad for me.

I think the best solution is the president and the board hiring a group of competent business professionals and give them the freedom to run the club. Something Laporta did right at the beginning by hiring Ferran Reverter but later completely ditched and reversed the course. The club should be run like a business, not a social club based on nepotism.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Newcastle seem to be sticking with a sports project plan. Compare their signings with other clubs directly after takeover.

Let's see if they go crazy with CL qualification though.

Yeah, I think Newcastle is too early to tell. They are the flagship club of the Saudis and it is still early, the club is in the ascending stage so they are pumping in a lot of money. We will see how they fare in 5, 10 years and if the Saudis get bored etc.

Home of Barca Fans