João Laporta

MTL_Barca

It was probably Bartomeu who included that clause anyway, but of course people will praise Laporta.

Would it even be possible for a Barca president to sign a fully binding contract for something as important as this without having socios vote?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ceferin [UEFA President]: ?Everyone disappointed me, but Barcelona was the least. Joan Laporta became president just 2 months ago, so there wasn't much he could do. The contract he signed [about socios making the final decision] was very smart?

My president

https://twitter.com/HagridFCB/status/1384982567594639363

Disappointed him? Who the fuck is he anyway. What sre his credentials before he was picked?
He carries himself too brazenly for someone sitting on a top of corrupted pyramid.

Messigician

Disappointed him? Who the fuck is he anyway. What sre his credentials before he was picked?
He carries himself too brazenly for someone sitting on a top of corrupted pyramid.

I am starting to agree with you tbh.

UEFA gave only English clubs money for dropping out of the super league.

Such a corrupt and hypocritical organisation English clubs and oil clubs will only get stronger and stronger while we get weaker

serghei

I am starting to agree with you tbh.

UEFA gave only English clubs money for dropping out of the super league.

Such a corrupt and hypocritical organisation English clubs and oil clubs will only get stronger and stronger while we get weaker

Lol, this has to be fake news surely. Clubs dropped out of the Super League late last night, must be some cutting-edge bank transaction if during the same night money has been transferred in the accounts of those clubs. :lol:

Porque

Uefa may have just agreed to. Doesn't sound legit though. Although with governments getting involved (Ireland... f*ckin Ireland lol) who would be suprised with bungs from Bung Capital being promised.

Hardy

"The Super League would break the football business."

"It's a question only of money."

"Thinking about earning so much money means you break the essence of this beautiful sport."

Morten

"The Super League would break the football business."

"It's a question only of money."

"Thinking about earning so much money means you break the essence of this beautiful sport."

You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the ESL, not join them!
Bring balance to football, not leave it in darkness!

Mistyoptic

It's disappointing but we probably shouldn't be surprised. At the end of the day, both Barca and Madrid are over 800 million euros in debt. Laporta is a politician and a pragmatist, so he's doing the only thing he can to get us out of the hole.

All that being said, this is why I wanted Font. Laporta is a legend, but after the last ten years I just wanted an idealist, naive or not. I don't think Font would have backed this.

Morten

It's disappointing but we probably shouldn't be surprised. At the end of the day, both Barca and Madrid are over 800 million euros in debt. Laporta is a politician and a pragmatist, so he's doing the only thing he can to get us out of the hole.

All that being said, this is why I wanted Font. Laporta is a legend, but after the last ten years I just wanted an idealist, naive or not. I don't think Font would have backed this.

If RM and Barca didnt spend 100+ millions on bums, they wouldnt be, they can blame themselves.

Mistyoptic

If RM and Barca didnt spend 100+ millions on bums, they wouldnt be, they can blame themselves.

100%. All of this "better for football" stuff is total BS, they're just trying to save their own skin. We both deserve to go into insolvency and in some way, even as a Barca fan, I hope we do. Yesterday summed it up perfectly, when Real signed Alaba on a five year deal, and Barca continued negotiations with Aguero, despite being 800 million in the red. It honestly boggles my mind that there is nobody in football who has the power to say, "No you can't do that". That's how we got into this situation in the first place, it's basically completely unregulated.

BarcaOG

Banned
why in the universe do we want to waste millions in wages on aguero???? he is as immobile as it gets... worse than suarez...

christ above..

Home of Barca Fans