João Laporta

Joan

If truly wants to sack Koeman, he's addressing wrong issues. Wastes money and won't achieve much. But if he wanted to make a statement, try to talk with Conte and see if he wants to work with the club. Martinez is Barca's usual and Xavi would be hired to buy the fans' support.

fergus90

Conte wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion, especially when you need tranquillity behind the scenes and stability during a rebuild. He doesn't usually hang around for more than 2 seasons.

Joan

Conte will either make it big or leave the club in a few months' time yelling and shouting. That's what I call a brave move. Sacking Koeman to replace him with Martinez won't do much. But you'll waste another 13.5m.

On top of it, Conte doesn't bring stability, but he builds squads and leaves his teams in fine shape, in case he stays longer.

I'd try to negotiate with him, explain the situation and see if he's willing to take on the challenge.

serghei

Conte is problematic, and a conflictual guy, but has to be said he'd be the best manager we'd have since Pep without a shadow of a doubt.

KingLeo10

Conte is problematic, and a conflictual guy, but has to be said he'd be the best manager we'd have since Pep without a shadow of a doubt.

He'd probably win us the league with this squad...going by his work with Inter and Chelsea, not to mention rebuilding Juve when they were get meme'ed 4-1 by Fulham of all teams in Europa.

Joan

He'd probably win us the league with this squad...going by his work with Inter and Chelsea, not to mention rebuilding Juve when they were get meme'ed 4-1 by Fulham of all teams in Europa.

Winning the league seems pipe dreams, but he might do it with a few additions next summer. Anyways, people always overlook he builds squads and leaves teams he took over in better shape. He's a hard to deal with type of a guy, but he's also a (somewhat) out of the box rebuild manager.

fergus90

Don’t get me wrong Conte is a great manager but he won’t be building a squad without a healthy budget. He spent handsomely at every club and I’m not even sure he’d take the job given the financial situation.

All the variables considered I don’t see it being a very permanent appointment if it happened. Would leave Barca looking for another manager and another severance payment within a year.

Joan

Not sure he'd take the job either. Worth giving a try though. See if he can work under these circumstances.

If he's here for the next two years, that's a success.

ebc_99

I would love Conte at Barca, it would be really interesting to see what he could do with these players. Inter played really good stuff last year, so I think the team would be better to watch than Koeman's.

Barcilliant

I would love Conte here but he wouldn't touch the club given our finances and the current squad.
I think his intense personality would be good for this club though. It would rattle both the players and the board. Both seem so fucking lethargic you'd be forgiven for thinking we are playing conference football.

iniestaGOAT

Conte will either make it big or leave the club in a few months' time yelling and shouting. That's what I call a brave move. Sacking Koeman to replace him with Martinez won't do much. But you'll waste another 13.5m.

On top of it, Conte doesn't bring stability, but he builds squads and leaves his teams in fine shape, in case he stays longer.

I'd try to negotiate with him, explain the situation and see if he's willing to take on the challenge.

Wont do much? Are you kidding? Martinez develops young players like no other. And we have many young players.
If hes coming he would be a good stepping stone, working on young players then get a wold class manger in the future.

Mateka

Conte….spent two fractious years at Chelsea after joining in 2016. While he steered the club to the Premier League title in his first season in England, he was fired a year later after Chelsea finished fifth and failed to qualify for the Champions League.7 Jan 2020 Guardian.

His best signings Rudiger 29m, Kante 30m, but he also signed Morata 60m , Drinkwater 35m, Bakayoko 40m, Zappacosta 23m

Four Four Two.
Conte is often a fine judge of a player, but he invariably wants to sign everyone. His reign at Chelsea unravelled amid his often public grievances that they did not sign Virgil van Dijk, Leonardo Bonucci, Fernando Llorente, Kyle Walker, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alex Sandro, Sanchez and Lukaku.
But now he feels a man out of time, one with the tactical knowledge and the coaching skills to excel almost anywhere but whose incessant requests for more spending and more signings suggest a lack of realism and which could be a deterrent to prospective employers.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans