João Laporta

Birdy

Laporta said the other day that in the summer we will be back to the 1:4 rule

Can someone explain to me why this is so?
Didn't we move to 1:1 last summer after the levers?
Clubs aren't supposed to move to 1:4 rule as punishment of wage cap exceeded? But we sorted that out and that' why we got moved to 1:1

JamDav1982

Clubs aren't supposed to move to 1:4 rule as punishment of wage cap exceeded? But we sorted that out and that' why we got moved to 1:1

The income from levers wont be included next season an getting 40m odd less in tv money while off the back of a season paying huge contracts to Pique, Busi etc for last time.

The 40m of tv given up each season makes it more likely Barca will be under these 1:4 rules going forward. So not only decreases income across 25 years but could put togher spneding rules within that.

Barca will look for external investment soon enough and would guess Laporta knows that is needed but might not be in his time so he can claim wasnt his decision.

Andresito

Staff member

Could it be because we haven't achieved the goals that the board set up in terms of for example success in CL, lowering of wages and player sales?

Birdy

Could it be because we haven't achieved the goals that the board set up in terms of for example success in CL, lowering of wages and player sales?

The wages were lowered last summer I think despite the incoming transfers, because we sold Coutinho, renewed Demebele on lower wages, and got rid of Griezman's wages as well

But, my question is: if LL accepted we are under 1:1 rule after the levers, why will they move us back to 1:4 for 23/24?
1:1 means as much wage comes in, the same much has to go out. We could be perfectly capable of doing so next summer as well

Birdy

The wages were lowered last summer I think despite the incoming transfers, because we sold Coutinho, renewed Demebele on lower wages, and got rid of Griezman's wages as well

But, my question is: if LL accepted we are under 1:1 rule after the levers, why will they move us back to 1:4 for 23/24?
1:1 means as much wage comes in, the same much has to go out. We could be perfectly capable of doing so next summer as well

PS: Don't think it has anything to do with 40 m less TV income
Pique's unexpected saved wages would cover for that

JamDav1982

40m of less income absolutely plays a part whether like it or not.

Will make it harder to get back to 1:1 in current rules.

Pique will have given up not even a fraction of that.

Folk thinking Pique has given up any of his deferred salary are in fantasy land.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...001900669/nueva-norma-fair-play-salarial.html
[MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION]

It sounds like we are going back to either 1:4 or 40% (the new rule, don't quite understand exactly how it works) next summer because our wage bill is going to be more than our allocated salary mass (400m?). It will be mission impossible to reduce our wage bill down to 400m since we are currently around 650m-ish, if I remember correctly, so we will have to do 1:4 or the new 40% rule.

The other thing the MD article above points out is that going forward levers won't help elevate the salary mass as it did in the past, so perhaps that will stop Laporta and others from selling BLM and other club assets. I will take that as a positive.

Birdy

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...001900669/nueva-norma-fair-play-salarial.html
[MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION]

It sounds like we are going back to either 1:4 or 40% (the new rule, don't quite understand exactly how it works) next summer because our wage bill is going to be more than our allocated salary mass (400m?). It will be mission impossible to reduce our wage bill down to 400m since we are currently around 650m-ish, if I remember correctly, so we will have to do 1:4 or the new 40% rule.

The other thing the MD article above points out is that going forward levers won't help elevate the salary mass as it did in the past, so perhaps that will stop Laporta and others from selling BLM and other club assets. I will take that as a positive.

Thanks Luft

I see.
40% is slightly better than 1/4 that is essentially 25%, but still sucks
Why is LL forbidding us from selling more assets next summer?
Still quite depressing that we have to adhere to these stupid rules.
LL clubs should make a pact and have a go at full throttle against Tebas.
The man's a criminal who is handicapping Spanish football for good

Home of Barca Fans