João Laporta

Birdy

[MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION]
And read last few posts as well
Sorry for the bother DonAK :lol:

Last rumours are that club will give Roberto 2 year extension in order to reduce his salary.
The only real problem of the old guard seems to be Alba at the moment, right?

I would not mind selling him for a decent amount and buying Gosens

Rassvet

Last rumours are that club will give Roberto 2 year extension in order to reduce his salary.
The only real problem of the old guard seems to be Alba at the moment, right?

I would not mind selling him for a decent amount and buying Gosens

we cant afford Gosens :lol:

Rassvet

His price is around 30-35m if reports are true from earlier in the summer.
If we sell Alba, we can buy him and negotiate payment structure

We're struggling to register free agents on 5m wages. There's no way we're spending 40-50m on Gosens.

ajnotkeith

Honestly I would trash Laporta's performance this window, since he hasn't been able to shift a single high earner, but watching Umtiti and co during the preseason I don't envy his job.

I find it hard to believe that terms for Messi's contract aren't fully negotiated by now. It's been months and rumours are that a deal has already been agreed in principle but the holdup must be that Barca economically just can't register his contract. Meaning we will probably see a bunch of transfer activity yet.

FinBarcelonafan

Honestly I would trash Laporta's performance this window, since he hasn't been able to shift a single high earner, but watching Umtiti and co during the preseason I don't envy his job.

I find it hard to believe that terms for Messi's contract aren't fully negotiated by now. It's been months and rumours are that a deal has already been agreed in principle but the holdup must be that Barca economically just can't register his contract. Meaning we will probably see a bunch of transfer activity yet.

How do you rate him when his hands are totally tied with awful contracts Barto gave? Yeah. Impossible to get out of those.

khaled_a_d

If we sell Alba, we can buy him and negotiate payment structure

Who is going to buy 32 years old fullback who is reliant on his speed and on high wage?
And for the record, Alba has been underpaid for years before renewals, he isn't gonna play it nice for any team

serghei

I think he did nearly 10/10. If he moved faster with Wijanldum, looking at money spent and players signed, it's a near-perfect summer if we can get all of them registered.

As for the economical situation, he's working to improve it but really it's gonna be a snail race that will take 2-3 years before we can go back to being financially powerful. Until then, if we can dig up whatever golden talent we have hidden somewhere in the La Masia ranks, or somewhere else through Spanish divisions (like Pedri), that's our ticket back in the race and will speed things up.

ajnotkeith

I think he did nearly 10/10. If he moved faster with Wijanldum, looking at money spent and players signed, it's a near-perfect summer if we can get all of them registered.

As for the economical situation, he's working to improve it but really it's gonna be a snail race that will take 2-3 years before we can go back to being financially powerful. Until then, if we can dig up whatever golden talent we have hidden somewhere in the La Masia ranks, or somewhere else through Spanish divisions (like Pedri), that's our ticket back in the race and will speed things up.

I think we're yet to see how well he's done overall. If he moves nobody then that's pretty disappointing, and I was really disappointed with how he handled the Griez/Dembele Japan situation. On top of their ridiculous wages and little contribution they not only jeopardised our potential sponsorship with Rakuten but also brought shame on the club with those comments. That really should have been the last straw with those two, especially Griezman.

soul24rage

Do you know what a difficult task that is?

Birdy

Who is going to buy 32 years old fullback who is reliant on his speed and on high wage?
And for the record, Alba has been underpaid for years before renewals, he isn't gonna play it nice for any team

Not only on his speed.
Alba is underestimated in regards to his ability on the ball.
He can fit like a glove into any top Serie A side for instance.

Problem is he does not seem he wants to leave.
But he can't have it both ways (stay AND be on the same wage).
Even Griezman is willing to take a pay-cut

Home of Barca Fans