João Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Long term I don't think the cvc deal will be great for clubs it seems a very short term gain for a long time debt.
As for perez leading laporta along solely to help madrid I don't think so. Floper is smart he knows madrid needs a competitive barca and vice versa to keep the big money machines ticking along

I hold the unpopular view that the CVC deal is good for the league, or the pros outweigh the cons. With the non-stop rise of the EPL clubs (latest case in point, their new deal extension with NBC in the US is worth twice as much as the deal La Liga struck with ESPN+, which was already improved from its previous deal with BeIN Sports), the rise of the state clubs and with star players leaving La Liga, the league is really in a bad shape both sporting and non-sporting wise and it badly needs the money to boost its infrastructure, branding and purchasing power and that's exactly what the CVC money will bring. The CVC deal will grow the pie and ceding away a portion of the future money is a necessary price to pay to grow bigger, in my opinion.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Short term it's probably good for the league but over the longer term they will be giving up a lot more than they got.

Yes, but the money they are giving away is based on a bigger pie, i.e. increased revenues for all, for example receiving $120 and having to give away $30 is still better than holding onto their full $100 without the deal.

frog-fcb

Possibly though if it does benefit the whole league I'd assume barca real an bilbao will benefit aswell while still getting to keep all of there money.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Possibly though if it does benefit the whole league I'd assume barca real an bilbao will benefit aswell while still getting to keep all of there money.

Yes, definitely, the 4 clubs that are not participating at the moment will benefit as well, if the entire league gets stronger and the pie gets bigger, the money and benefit trickles down to everybody.

Gari

Our.
FFYYla5XoAkUaJQ

Messigician

🚨From Bar?a they say they are not surprised that Laporta and Messi did not meet during Ballon d?Or gala evening: ?Relations between the president and the Messi camp fell apart after the player left and there is a lot of tension?, As per to sources in the club. #FCBlive

Windhook

I wouldn't get much into the drama. Laporta's face was shown while Messi received the award and Barca social page uploaded Messi's speech. Meanwhile cameras where all over PSG directors who have zero contribution to Leo's achievement. Pathetic.

malvolio

Like Messi would ever get involved with this bum again. Won him the elections and then fucked him over with false promises. Was evident that the Messi camp felt let down by Laporta and didn't want to be associated with him anymore. Don't know why it still surprises people that the two parties don't see each other eye to eye.

Windhook

Won him the elections and then fucked him over with false promises.

All candidates based their agenda on extending Messi's contract. Laporta won based mainly on his previous tenure as president and the fact he's in good relations with huge part of the people associated with Barca, current and former.

FinBarcelonafan

All candidates based their agenda on extending Messi's contract. Laporta won based mainly on his previous tenure as president and the fact he's in good relations with huge part of the people associated with Barca, current and former.

And let's face it, the other candidates were weak at best. Surprised so few good people run for the job.

Home of Barca Fans