João Laporta

Zebulun

In his defense: he also said Messi would have been compensated further down the line. He meant for Messi to play free until financial situation improved.

i think he was being disingenuous. why should the GOAT play for free even for a short time, when he was bringing in so much revenue and also with griezmann doing cardio sessions, umtiti training hospital doctors and roberto smiling his way into starting 11's .

iniestaGOAT

He didnt ask Messi to play for free, he just thought it. We all did. I didnt want him to but in hindsight he should have because he is wasting away his career in France.

Could have been the centre of Barcelona Drama andmake headline news everydau.

Nazario1985

he is wasting away his career in France.

No he's not, he was wasting his career since 3 years in FCB, now he can dream again about UCL .

Staying in FCB to bang la liga teams and seeing Koeman throw away everything, got him bored to death.

In fact la liga is not that advanced compared to ligue1 any more.

iniestaGOAT

No he's not, he was wasting his career since 3 years in FCB, now he can dream again about UCL .

Staying in FCB to bang la liga teams and seeing Koeman throw away everything, got him bored to death.

In fact la liga is not that advanced compared to ligue1 any more.

Not really. Should have won the league last season and won the UCL vs spurs in the finals during the Liverpool collpase season.
Not wasted seasons at all.
Barcas trophy count is more important than Messis.

Nazario1985

Not really. Should have won the league last season and won the UCL vs spurs in the finals during the Liverpool collpase season.
Not wasted seasons at all.
Barcas trophy count is more important than Messis.

He pushed the team to the max he could, now the squad is playing to be eligible for Europa league.

Yes he was boosting FCB for 10 years but the squad and management was garbage for 3-4 years, and we only reached those stages because of him, no team work.

Now what's this trophies count non-sense supposed to mean ?

Zidane82

🗣[@jvehils🥇] | Laporta decided to stay with Ronald Koeman after a conversation with Pep Guardiola, who has recently become his unofficial advis

Birdy

��[@jvehils��] | Laporta decided to stay with Ronald Koeman after a conversation with Pep Guardiola, who has recently become his unofficial advis

2nd time it happened.
First was in the summer when during that golf meeting btw the two, Pep told Laporta to keep Koeman and trust him

It's good that Laporta has finally an astute advisor in Pep.
Sure that if he follows suit, Koeman will stay until the summer, and then the team will see a WC coach

Messigician

Bombshell dropped

Full interview below..

"I love him too much to be angry? But there comes a time when you see that things just cannot happen, and there was disappointment on both sides? There was a desire for him to stay, but pressure because of the offer he had. He knew that he'd go to PSG if he didn't stay.? Laporta noted.

"When it came to making the decision, I thought I was doing the best thing for Barcelona. I hoped there would be a change and that he'd say he'd play for free, but we cannot expect a player of his level to do that? We have a very good relationship. I knew that if we recovered financially, we would compensate him, but we couldn't make demands knowing the offer he had in Paris.? Laporta added.

iniestaGOAT

2nd time it happened.
First was in the summer when during that golf meeting btw the two, Pep told Laporta to keep Koeman and trust him

It's good that Laporta has finally an astute advisor in Pep.
Sure that if he follows suit, Koeman will stay until the summer, and then the team will see a WC coach

Astute adviser in pep? Pep is never going against koeman no matter what. They have been butt buddies since the 90s.

FinBarcelonafan

Who cares at this point? Messi went to PSG and he makes more money there and has a better chance to win the CL. Barcelona can focus on re-building the team AND organization. Everybody wins IMO.

Separation was happening sooner than later.

Gari

Yuste: "Tebas? We know Javier well, there is a good relationship with him, he is vehement, and sometimes he does it to provoke, so that he is part of the negotiation. We are still talking to him about the CVC project, while defending our interests." Laporta is incredible.

Birdy

Astute adviser in pep? Pep is never going against koeman no matter what. They have been butt buddies since the 90s.

Butt buddies? LOL
OK, find me some evidence for that and then we can talk

At this point this is just throwing BS to downgrade Pep's opinion yet again

SeloBarca

Pep with his clueless and boring football, besides his own hypocrisy, cowardice and stubbornness isn't a good choice of advisor.

ESCy4CRXYAAx01E.jpg

Home of Barca Fans