João Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Swept the debate and won according to the panel at Onze. Apart from Marcal Lorente of course who said Frexia won and then got told by Bernat Soler that he can stop his campaigning for him.

Well, well, well, look who's back.

Sup

Vilarrubi

Freixa can stop paying for his bots on twitter now too. Every poll that’s been done recently by journalists or papers he ends up getting ridiculous amounts of votes on it.

Puyol did one today, results were roughly 95% Laporta, 3% Font, 2% Freixa, now its 32% Freixa and at one point was in the 40s :lol:

Vilarrubi

Laporta with the Robert De Niro laugh..... he is the godfather after all.

EvwUz19VIAAt7Yj

khaled_a_d

Thanks Khaled for the input. I still think getting him would have been mostly a PR stunt more than anything else. On the third point you mentioned, it is not like we as a club don't understand Cruyff's ideas through and through already and we need his help in that regard, also I don't think connection-wise he is going to get us to any specific resources or players that we need as a club.

By the way, I think you previously spoke positively of Mateu Alemany. Could you please give me a refresher on the guy? Why do you think he would be a good addition? Other than managing Mallorca and Valencia (which saw him being fired), he doesn't seem to have a robust resume. How would you rate his tenure at Valencia? Did he hire Gary Neville?

First, I want to stress that my take on Crujif is more of an explanation on why many candidates wants him.

Now, regarding Mateu Alemany, I think his resume is good and it seems he is rated even higher by his peers. That being said, I also said he could be the one who make or break Laporta, if he is his right hand on football decisions. i.e replacing Crujif but in more official role.
RM was actually after him for few years too.

Now a deeper look and some search.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mateu-alemany/profil/trainer/55431
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateu_Alemany

Alemany was with Mallorca for 7 years as CEO, and was offered job under Perez first tenure. But his real impact is seen as club president.
Their best ever result before he joined them was 6th place, and they were deep in 2nd division when he was first hired, but made it to first division in his later years as CEO, as club president they didn't get relegated at all, finished 3rd in the league once and won their only trophy ever (CDR), 3rd place is their best ever position in Liga btw.
Has hired some good coaches, but lacked stability with them, partially because Atletico loved to get their coach :lol:
Tough to take anything from his 2nd tenure as club president as it was for few months.

In his Valancia days, he was hired in March 27, 2017 to Nov 7, 2019
With him in charge, they have their only one trophy since 2008. The CDR they beaten us to.
They finished the league at 12th place in both 2016&17 seasons, after he was the one who made the calls they finished 4th twice in 18&19 seasons. Last season they finished 9th and currently they are 11th in Liga.
2 coaches were hired during his tenure, Marcelino (after Alemany and co fired Voro) and Albert Celades who was hired after Alemany being basically sidelined in the decision making, as they fired Marcilino against his well.

I ant to say that, Lim has been able to attract some respectable executives and coaches, he simply failed to keep his nose out of their job and ended up firing the people who were trying to help him. Everything indicates Alemany was one of those right people.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
First, I want to stress that my take on Crujif is more of an explanation on why many candidates wants him.

Now, regarding Mateu Alemany, I think his resume is good and it seems he is rated even higher by his peers. That being said, I also said he could be the one who make or break Laporta, if he is his right hand on football decisions. i.e replacing Crujif but in more official role.
RM was actually after him for few years too.

Now a deeper look and some search.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mateu-alemany/profil/trainer/55431
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateu_Alemany

Alemany was with Mallorca for 7 years as CEO, and was offered job under Perez first tenure. But his real impact is seen as club president.
Their best ever result before he joined them was 6th place, and they were deep in 2nd division when he was first hired, but made it to first division in his later years as CEO, as club president they didn't get relegated at all, finished 3rd in the league once and won their only trophy ever (CDR), 3rd place is their best ever position in Liga btw.
Has hired some good coaches, but lacked stability with them, partially because Atletico loved to get their coach :lol:
Tough to take anything from his 2nd tenure as club president as it was for few months.

In his Valancia days, he was hired in March 27, 2017 to Nov 7, 2019
With him in charge, they have their only one trophy since 2008. The CDR they beaten us to.
They finished the league at 12th place in both 2016&17 seasons, after he was the one who made the calls they finished 4th twice in 18&19 seasons. Last season they finished 9th and currently they are 11th in Liga.
2 coaches were hired during his tenure, Marcelino (after Alemany and co fired Voro) and Albert Celades who was hired after Alemany being basically sidelined in the decision making, as they fired Marcilino against his well.

I ant to say that, Lim has been able to attract some respectable executives and coaches, he simply failed to keep his nose out of their job and ended up firing the people who were trying to help him. Everything indicates Alemany was one of those right people.

Thanks Khaled. I think it is really hard to judge or measure the past success or failure of a CEO in a football club and dissect how much of it can be attributed to a specific person etc. I certainly wish him the best if he joins Laporta's team in any capacity.

serghei

I see some news, fake or not, that Laporta will bring in Aguero to make Messi stay. If that ever happens, not saying it will, but if it does, then Laporta is a dinosaur that is gonna do jack shit this time around.

That will be like Bartomeu 2.0.

behindbrowneyes

Pure speculation, but I wouldn't mind him if he wants to stay another year in Europe to be in the WorldCup-squad of Argentina and leaves 2022 to America. Guys like him or Depay are probably the only strikers the club can afford this summer who are somewhat a reinforcement. And Depay isn't even a real CF. With Ag?ero, of course it depends on his salary demands and if he manages to stay fit for the rest of the season.

Not paying any transfer fees coming summer and trying to boost revenue in 2021/2022 is probably the only way to sign a quality #9 in summer of 2022.

JamDav1982

Aguero looks even more finished than Suarez imo.

His signing would be ridiculous unless could prove his fitness and was back up player on relatively low wages. A Larsson type signing.

Will never be the case though as he wont move to be a back up when has other options and a WC year.

Signings like this if for a starter and big wages just puts Barca backwards when so much has been done to rebuild squad with youth this season.

DonAK

@khaled_a_d

Don't forget that even Victor Font wanted Mateu Alemany on his team.

He's very highly rated in Spain as an executive. His job under Laporta will be as the CEO similarly to Oscar Grau. Will have an input on sporting decisions, but not the final input. Will lead negotiations to sign players and lead contract extensions/renewals. He'll be the one signing those agreements along with either the President or 1st VP.

Vilarrubi

I see some news, fake or not, that Laporta will bring in Aguero to make Messi stay. If that ever happens, not saying it will, but if it does, then Laporta is a dinosaur that is gonna do jack shit this time around.

That will be like Bartomeu 2.0.

There’s been rumours of Aguero to Barca for last few years. Just can’t see it happening tbh.

Laporta said an agent for a “big player” has been in touch and there is a way of getting him to Barca. My guess is Halaand. He’s apparently on good terms with his agent anyway. Maybe it’s election talk but I feel he doesn’t need to outright lie now to win, surely him and his team know he’s got it in the bag.

DonAK

As usual people going OTT without looking at the source. The Daily Mail.

The twerking merchant mentioned it too, but he's been more wrong than right lately and works for a media station part of Godo so.....

Home of Barca Fans