João Laporta

fergus90

"Xavi is not part of my campaign", Laporta says.

He meant as in, he's not saying names as part of his campaign. He then said he knows Xavi will be coach but doesn't know if it's in the short, medium or long term. Which is the right thing to do out of respect for current management and to not de-stabilize the team.

I think it's inevitable that he will be the next in line after Koeman.

Vilarrubi

Joan Laporta, alongside Jaume Giro and Alex Barbany, is going to present his economic plan of his project today at 12PM CET. Stay tuned. #ElectionsFCB

JamDav1982

Laporta needs to take all those young whizkid entrepreneurs that Font has presented and get them involved if he wins.

They are the type of younger fresh and more modern minds that Laporta and their board took in 2003.

If it is Laporta and other older generation acting as politicians and enjoying the power it could be a big missed opportunity to freshen up the club with new ideas.

Font has far 'better' campaign in terms of detail and purpose but his Xavi name dropping has wore thin and comes across as disrespectful to current management team.

Laportas emotional argument will win though as more impactful when club in position it is now.

El Gato

Villarato!
Joan Laporta, referring to Zidane?s comments, says that he ?should make complaints before playing a game, not later on when the match isn?t going well for you?

Oh shit. Not even president yet and he?s going in.

Yep we're certainly winding the clock back 10 years with the jibes and trying to feed into the rivalry spirit. Yesterday he said something about the VAR, the mug :lol: I'm sure it'll tilt the hell out of me going forward as it's already insufferable with Koeman, but depends where it leads. 100% he's appealing to the serghei, raskolnikov types

FinBarcelonafan

Yep we're certainly winding the clock back 10 years with the jibes and trying to feed into the rivalry spirit. Yesterday he said something about the VAR, the mug :lol: I'm sure it'll tilt the hell out of me going forward as it's already insufferable with Koeman, but depends where it leads. 100% he's appealing to the serghei, raskolnikov types

We all miss the rivalry. It's been stale the past few years.

Home of Barca Fans