João Laporta

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I love Laporta but I feel he is losing his head in the Perez madness at the moment.

Cool down Joan, you did a great job and we won't forget the treble!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Yeah I agree Gnegneri. He should just relax forget about Perez and try to sign players.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The Madrid signings have put him on defensive. And they`ve only started. Next on their list is our target, David Villa. So I wouldn`t expect him to calm down soon.
As for out transfers, it´s either we will play the same game as Madrid or we don´t. We´ll find out soon.

IMO we would be better served if we leave Real's targets to their own. I really would like to know where does Real get all that money from, but I think if we absolutely need to we can match at least Villa's or even Ribery's fee. It wouldn't look good, given Laporta's comment but if it's a must we can do it. Except that it isn't, looking for a striker should be IMO one of our 3 signings; Villa would be fantastic but Ibra would complement us a lot more if he comes at the right price. If Eto'o leaves I think we should look for an additional signings, but again I would rather have a younger player like Benzema for the same price. As for Ribery, Bayern would be foolish to let him and if they do it will be anything far from cheap. We would have to pay +55m to get a WF, when we would be better served with a CF for a Messi-Zlatan-Eto'o/Benzema attacking trident.

Blaugrana1899

I personally cannot get mad at Real Madrid, because if you have the money to spend, then spend it. This does not guarantee you will win a lot of silverware. I just think it makes no sense when you hear many newspapers and shows ridicule Real for spending all this money. Apparently they have alot of investors and some socios, so this enables them to be financially stable. They are also a popular club, so match tickets sell and so does merchandise. Come on world they are stationed in a major city, Madrid.

beef-supreme

I just saw him at the Circuit de Catalunya for the MotoGP, holding up Jorge Lorenzo's FCB helmet and grinning in his usual way...

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I personally cannot get mad at Real Madrid, because if you have the money to spend, then spend it. This does not guarantee you will win a lot of silverware. I just think it makes no sense when you hear many newspapers and shows ridicule Real for spending all this money. Apparently they have alot of investors and some socios, so this enables them to be financially stable. They are also a popular club, so match tickets sell and so does merchandise. Come on world they are stationed in a major city, Madrid.

It's because they don't have the money that people are getting indignant, it's all from loans and credit based on future earnings and there are whispers of selling the Bernabeu and moving to a new ground on the outskirts of the city.

Blaugrana1899

It's because they don't have the money that people are getting indignant, it's all from loans and credit based on future earnings and there are whispers of selling the Bernabeu and moving to a new ground on the outskirts of the city.
But that's their decision. Their entitled to do whatever they want. I know in the States, the New York Yankees get ridiculed for signing major stars, but they haven't won since they have been purchasing major stars. The Yanks for sure have great financial stability. I just feel if Madrid is using credit loans or whatever, it's their right to do so.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
I dont mind his comments about Perez tbh. I was getting tired of that friendly relationship he had with Calderon. Time for things to get back to normal.

BlaugranaGirl

I just saw him at the Circuit de Catalunya for the MotoGP, holding up Jorge Lorenzo's FCB helmet and grinning in his usual way...
I missed that. I watched the race though. I was so pissed off that Rossi beat Lorenzo on the last turn! :thumbdown:

Laporta should've been the Cheshire Cat in the new Alice in Wonderland movie.

beef-supreme

I missed that. I watched the race though. I was so pissed off that Rossi beat Lorenzo on the last turn! :thumbdown:

Laporta should've been the Cheshire Cat in the new Alice in Wonderland movie.

:lol::lol: Aaah Joan...

Yeah I was pissed that Rossi won amazingly at the last moment...
But it was even more depressing for me that Talmácsi only came 17th on his debut. Although I've got to hand it to him that he's never raced MotoGP before, only 125 and 250cc and to add to that, his teammate failed to finish so :beer2: Encouraging signs especially because he's riding a crap bike...

BlaugranaGirl

At a veterans' footie game yesterday:

laporta.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans