João Laporta

khaled_a_d

I have a few reasons why I don't want Rijkaard back. First of all, if he were to come back, his performances would obviously be compared to his golden period at the club, something I doubt he'd be able to replicate. Secondly, his playing style needs physically strong players in midfield. As of now, we only have Mascherano and arguably Busquets at best. Thirdly, if he is our coach next season, the amount of points needed to win the league has increased significantly since his period at the club, which needs to be noted. The highest he ever got us was 84 points, which was enough for 3rd place last season. Of course, it was a different time back then, but based on empirical evidence, we really should look elsewhere. His results after leaving us haven't exactly been stellar, which is another reason to not hire him again.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Rijkaard here, how we played and what he did for us, but I'm afraid his second stint would taint his first one. Also, he wouldn't be able to revolutionize the squad as he did back then due to the transfer ban. This is obviously not ideal for any coach, so I'd be more patient with the next one than I've been with Lucho.

I like Rijkaard but don't want him because I don't like coach comebacks ,last time we did was with Van Gaal and it was horrible
But I won't care that much about the points and that stuff ,we had 2 coaches after pep with 87 & 100 points ,Cruijff passed 60 pt mark only 1 time ,that doesn't make Tata and Tito better coaches than Rijkaard and Cruijff .it is just different eras
Also coaching at different levels can be very different ,some coaches can succeed in lower levels and fails at higher ones,other like Rijkaard are the opposite ,he has built this team from the scratch and won 2 Liga and CL with them .he played gr8 football with Netherlands and should have won against Italy in SF in Euro 2000 .unluckiest team in a game ever .
In Between his 2 successful stents at the top level? He led Sparta Rotterdam to their 1st ever relegation .Rijkaard should get a chance at a top level club ,he earns that .just no come backs .no more Nostalgia please

hamad138

Banned
So whats his campaign?

Pep wont come
Pellegrini and Txi are happy at City and have Contracts

Hope he dont lose because the socios could vote for another President..

Leo_Messi

Rijkaard? Seriously? Really? Come on!

Time have moved on. What has Rijkaard proven since leaving the club in the summer of 2008? The answer is nothing. So much has changed.

I like him a lot as a person and manager but I don't see it happening. As a caretaker until the season ends if hell breaks loose? Maybe.

Rijkaard might be familiar with the club but if he returns this season he will only be familiar with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. Nobody else.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I like Rijkaard but don't want him because I don't like coach comebacks ,last time we did was with Van Gaal and it was horrible
But I won't care that much about the points and that stuff ,we had 2 coaches after pep with 87 & 100 points ,Cruijff passed 60 pt mark only 1 time ,that doesn't make Tata and Tito better coaches than Rijkaard and Cruijff .it is just different eras
Also coaching at different levels can be very different ,some coaches can succeed in lower levels and fails at higher ones,other like Rijkaard are the opposite ,he has built this team from the scratch and won 2 Liga and CL with them .he played gr8 football with Netherlands and should have won against Italy in SF in Euro 2000 .unluckiest team in a game ever .
In Between his 2 successful stents at the top level? He led Sparta Rotterdam to their 1st ever relegation .Rijkaard should get a chance at a top level club ,he earns that .just no come backs .no more Nostalgia please

Indeed, enough with the comebacks. We should look forward. I think Koeman would love to come here, but I'm not sure of his ability. Let him stay for a couple of seasons at Southampton to see how he does.

Anyway, let's see how Lucho does in the second half of the season. I liked what I saw yesterday.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Judge has thrown out this board's appeal against the decision in favour of Laporta and other 7 members of old Barca board. The case has now ended.

Ritchie

De Boer, Emery, Conte, Koeman, Wenger, Pellegrini. One of these could work.

Won't happen but even Benitez in the short term to sort the defence and midfield could work.

We know who the players are going to be next season, we just need someone sharp tactically to get the best out of them.

Richard.H

I would be extremely excited if he returns. I loved his cheeky smiles in the stands when we would score a goal.

Kohe321

Pretty much sure he's the exact guy we need now. Experience from being a president before, has learned from his own mistakes as president and from watching the Rosell era, and he is a true fan of the club and its heritage and history. His knowhow and experience combined with that fierce love for the team really makes me feel he's the guy with the best chances at getting us back to the best as well.

Last edited:

mssarm

I think the main candidates are going to be Laporta and Benedito. I don't think Barto has a chance even if Barca wins the Ligue and CL this year. He and Rossel screwed up so much and for so long-nothing will save Barto at this point. Laporta is a decent candidate(but not a saint, as some people trying to portray him). It would be nice to see some new candidates, maybe someone can do much more better job than Laporta did.

L

linetty

I think the main candidates are going to be Laporta and Benedito. I don't think Barto has a chance even if Barca wins the Ligue and CL this year. He and Rossel screwed up so much and for so long-nothing will save Barto at this point. Laporta is a decent candidate(but not a saint, as some people trying to portray him). It would be nice to see some new candidates, maybe someone can do much more better job than Laporta did.
Nobody is potraying him as a saint, nobody is sinless but what Laporta is known for is actually caring about the club and letting making decisions to those who actually know their shit about football. He wouldn't deal with a weird country like Qatar & let some morons destroy our traditions.

As you say though, maybe it wouldn't be the best idea. Some fresh blood might be quite better. Lets wait for their campaings first.

Kohe321

What is promised in a campaign and what actually happens can be very different though. I would be pretty careful with trying someone new with no experience in a time like this where we desperately need to repair the club and get back to our roots as fast as possible. It might work with someone completely new, but we can't risk another board that turns out to be clueless two years down the line.

Laporta seems to be a safe bet in this regard, as I said having had the experience and also learned his lessons from his time as president, we also know that he's a true fan of the team who will let the important sporting decisions be made by the people who know best (as Linetty points out). His main goal will be to make us as strong as possible while following our traditions. I like that.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Laporta can win if Lucho manages to get domestic double.
Bartomeu stands every chance even indicted and can play more aces with popular signigs.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't think Laporta can win if Lucho manages to get domestic double.
Bartomeu stands every chance even indicted and can play more aces with popular signigs.

Even if lucho wins the treble barto will not win the elections. He will be in jail soon anyway.

Home of Barca Fans