João Laporta

iniestaGOAT

Bro, we were in grave danger. Our wage bill was out of control.

Laporta literally had to disrespect and kick players out of the club.

JamDav1982

Bro, we were in grave danger. Our wage bill was out of control.

Laporta literally had to disrespect and kick players out of the club.

No the point is any board can get the loan to get past that.

Laporta didnt kick Messi out. He was desperate to keep him on huge wages and thought Tebas would bend rules to keep Messi in.

The players that should attempt to kick out.. none were.

Some became 'easier' to move on by time contracts were running down more and less of a loss etc but again these were not even really choices and those players had to go and would have been same for near enough anyone in charge.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Laporta didnt kick Messi out. He was desperate to keep him on huge wages and thought Tebas would bend rules to keep Messi in.

So you have had a change of opinion? I remember you saying Laporta wanted Messi out and lied about it as could have signed if truly wanted to.

iniestaGOAT

he only failed to kick de jong out, and maybe jordi to inter milan and only cause it was a deadline day thing

Lenglet
Coutinho
Messi
Pique
Braithwaite
Dest
Umtiti
And many more were all disrespected and kicked out

Just thank the man and keept it moving instead of having change of opinions

JamDav1982

he only failed to kick de jong out, and maybe jordi to inter milan and only cause it was a deadline day thing

Lenglet
Coutinho
Messi
Pique
Braithwaite
Dest
Umtiti
And many more were all disrespected and kicked out

Just thank the man and keept it moving instead of having change of opinions

No that is not 'saving club' and at were better point to try and remove those players last season for various reasons. Otherwise be gone earlier than were.

Those are correct decisions to try and reduce wage bill on and remove players costing too much...different from 'saving club' financially.

Few names you are wrong on there though.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

So you have had a change of opinion? I remember you saying Laporta wanted Messi out and lied about it as could have signed if truly wanted to.

Claimed he lied about what?

He did lie. Depends on what think that lie was.

In the weeks leading up to Messi leaving they wanted to renew him. I dont think he is lying about that. I think the lies he told at that point were to Messi/fans about it being a formality... which I dont really blame him for as tried to use Messi name to influence the rules.

Personally was happy enough to move on from Messi and try to build the next team. So no issue with him leaving really.

Last edited:

jamrock

Member when we were the most indebt club in Europe, had the highest wage bill, all while spending over half a billion dollars on 4 players only to end up losing the league title in 19/20 & being a joke ever sense, not winning shit with Dembele, Mats,de jong, cheeseman, in a team that had the goat & Suarez scoring 50 goals in the league,all because of incompetent leadership.

Then the great joan Laporta took over at the literal worst possible time & in his first full season is about to bring us back to winning ways?, I member.

Messigician

Member when we were the most indebt club in Europe, had the highest wage bill, all while spending over half a billion dollars on 4 players only to end up losing the league title in 19/20 & being a joke ever sense, not winning shit with Dembele, Mats,de jong, cheeseman, in a team that had the goat & Suarez scoring 50 goals in the league,all because of incompetent leadership.

Then the great joan Laporta took over at the literal worst possible time & in his first full season is about to bring us back to winning ways?, I member.

Suarez left and won the league

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bartomeu and COVID fucked us, and indeed Laporta inherited a mess, but to say Laporta "saved" us is ludicrous. Sporting-wise the addition of Christensen and Kounde is great, yes, but not enough to turn things around, especially in Europe. Financially he basically mortgaged our future, and this new payment scheme for the 1.5 billion new debt for Espai Barca has received nothing but criticism, time bombs basically.

JamDav1982

Bartomeu and COVID fucked us, and indeed Laporta inherited a mess, but to say Laporta "saved" us is ludicrous. Sporting-wise the addition of Christensen and Kounde is great, yes, but not enough to turn things around, especially in Europe. Financially he basically mortgaged our future, and this new payment scheme for the 1.5 billion new debt for Espai Barca has received nothing but criticism, time bombs basically.

Exactly.

He has taken decisions to do things his way but to make out he 'saved' Barca by getting a loan and signing levers is utter nonsense.

Had a lot to work through from position inherited... also inherited some great players and ability to raise income that were both left to him despiute other areas being a shambles.

jamrock

I love how you the bartomeau fan club, who now act as if they weren't, like to act as if covid only happen in Barcelona, covid happened to every single club in Europe and none were close to being as affected as us, why?!!

bcause covid wasn't the cause of our downfall, incompetent leadership by the people in charged was, no other club leadership was dumb enough to do the things that was happening in Barcelona.

If their man bartomeau was still in charge, he would have spent another half a billion on transfers, increase our wage bill to 1.4 billion dollars and wining jack shit in the process.

That's what the great joan Laporta SAVED us from INCOMPETENT LEADERSHIP!!!

Leadership something I've been talking about on this place for years.

Just like he SAVED us from incompetent leadership the first time around.

Twice the man has taken over from total retards that were running the club & brought us back to winning ways, TWICE!!.

Build the man a freaking statue.

JamDav1982

Juts plain making shit up as usual... who is saying covid solely to blame for anything?

Laporta never saved anything for Barca.

Can say he has done a good job without the dramatics.

Taking out a loan to raise cash and then pulling levers he will most likely not have to feel the negatives of is not as miraculous as made out.

Left a shambles financially due to number of reasons and left MATS, Araujo, Pedri. FDJ., Gavi, Balde, Dembele etc which has been base of team to win again.

There would be no option for anyone at Barca to have spend half a billion in past few years... just more nonsense not based on any reality.

Barca have never had a wage bill remotely near 1.4 billion.... this is the moronic shit that gets claimed by folk that have no idea and dont understand the figures they see in the headlines.

Usual.

Last edited:

jamrock

Why am I not surprised that Jamdav & lufts, two who were always down on Laporta & up on bartomeau, are the ones trying to downplay the work of Laporta, especially under the circumstances.

Mr it's the board, the same board who after he left ran the club into the group and Mr copy & paste links to articles from around the interwebs, great 1 2 bunch that. Lol.

Two who have shown they have absolutely no idea that what seperate successful organizations from failures is the person at the top, 100% of the time that has been proven to be true throughout human history.

The great joan Laporta SAVED us from INCOMPETENCE, deal with it.

Home of Barca Fans