João Laporta

JamDav1982

La Liga are correct on stopping Barca selling off too much of their assets 100%.

Cant strip the future income bare for short term gain time and again.

What they need to do is allow for Barca to improve team more under current rules.

There shoudl not be a situation where Barca dont sell or sign many players and keep finances as is when if allowed 1:1 could improve team. That helps no one.

mc_lovin

La Liga are correct on stopping Barca selling off too much of their assets 100%.

But CVC would have been fine, eh?

Don't care about La Liga enforcing a strict FFP, but Tebas is an unprofessional twat. And we needed sensible legislation during Covid - like all other Leagues did.

jamrock

Wanting clubs to run a clean house is different from what tebas is doing, which seems to just be vindictive more than anything else.

JamDav1982

But CVC would have been fine, eh?

Don't care about La Liga enforcing a strict FFP, but Tebas is an unprofessional twat. And we needed sensible legislation during Covid - like all other Leagues did.

Eh?

They took another version of CVC and a better one.

Fact remains cant strip club of assets and impact future again and again. Has to be a limit to it.

Folk far too often think Tebas is picking the rules and how to apply them.

Not the case.

mc_lovin

Eh?

They took another version of CVC and a better one.

Fact remains cant strip club of assets and impact future again and again. Has to be a limit to it.

Folk far too often think Tebas is picking the rules and how to apply them.

Not the case.

Point is La Liga playing the holier than you card trying to protect our assets is a bit hypocritical when advertising the CVC deal.

And no, I don't think Tebas applies rules at will. But he's incompetent and unprofessional.

JamDav1982

Point is La Liga playing the holier than you card trying to protect our assets is a bit hypocritical when advertising the CVC deal.

No club was forced to take CVC. It was on them to decide.

It would be hypocritical if La Liga was allowing clubs to sell more % of tv money etc an not Barca.

Barca sold off much more than other clubs. It cant go on infinitely.

JamDav1982

True, but you have seen how Tebas reacted to us declining his deal. He's a dick.

In the end they agreed to Barca selling off other assets and making other tv deals etc.

He was more a bit of a dick as it makes them look bad if Barca can go and find a better deal than they offered rather than trying to stop Barca.

On this he is correct. Can be ther answer to keep giving up future income.

It is difficult to know what his '200m' figure relates to exactly though.

khaled_a_d

Cant strip the future income bare for short term gain time and again.

What they need to do is allow for Barca to improve team more under current rules.

There shoudl not be a situation where Barca dont sell or sign many players and keep finances as is when if allowed 1:1 could improve team. That helps no one.

That wasn't the one I am talking about.
La Liga now has required clubs to prove they can pay salaries of transfers for up 2 years.
They have done that just after increasing 25% margin of transfers into 40%.
But they made that practically useless now, as they gave the right to block it if they aren't convinced with club plans.

So now, we have "cap space" and we can use it to get a loaned player, but we can't use it to register renewal.

As you say, this doesn't help anyone, it actually discourage club from selling players as they won't be able to register new ones.

khaled_a_d

You mean Tebas changed on purpose the rules in November, having seen Barca's strategy
in an attempt to PURPOSEFULLY block any similar future moves and keep the club below FFP margin

Tebas is a Liga employee, clubs have wanted those rules and voted for them.
I hate the guy as anyone else, but I think we should start facing the fact that this is what Spanish football wants, not just Tebas.
Even if he doesn't run again this year, his successor won't change much unless the clubs voice they want change

JamDav1982

Not unique to la liga that.

It actually makes sense to look at what can realistically be expected from teams in coming seasons when attempting to apply the financial rules proactively.

I am sure in EPL clubs expected income has been rejected before as seen as unrealistic due to past performance.

khaled_a_d

Not unique to la liga that.

It actually makes sense to look at what can realistically be expected from teams in coming seasons when attempting to apply the financial rules proactively.

I am sure in EPL clubs expected income has been rejected before as seen as unrealistic due to past performance.

Did EPL rejected a signing of a player (or renewal) in one season, because they don't accept a club's salaries for next one?

That is news to me tbh

frog-fcb

Did EPL rejected a signing of a player (or renewal) in one season, because they don't accept a club's salaries for next one?

That is news to me tbh

I'm assuming this new wage rule is to stop teams deferring wage payments till further down the line like we did with pique an co

Porque

Spanish football doesn't want what Madrid and Barcelona want. That's the other issue. With respect, the majority of votes are held by clubs of the have nots just happy to be there.

Tebas wants the league to be more equitable. Which it should be, but he wants it by lowering the level of Barca and Madrid to that of the rest, instead of raising the rest to Barca and Madrid.

Home of Barca Fans