João Laporta

Joan

This is the great lie. FCB brand needs to be rebuilt. FCB needs to do this to make money. WRONG FCB will always make money. It is a team that doesn't need wins or brand rebuilding.There won't be some huge cash influx to pay off our debts.

Are you dumb or what? FCB will make MORE money if it's successful than if it's not. Enough to look at Nou Camp this season when there's hype and compare it to last season when we were seemingly dead. Night and day.

FinBarcelonafan

Are you dumb or what? FCB will make MORE money if it's successful than if it's not. Enough to look at Nou Camp this season when there's hype and compare it to last season when we were seemingly dead. Night and day.

And today, read Barca's home jerseys are 100% sold from their stores.

This is what Barca needed. A good team. I thought we should build with youth and struggle for years (most likely with that approach), but that would take years, and the product quality would just drop and drop.. Instead, we are here now. Laporta built a huge buzz around the team. It's one of the most exciting teams in the world right now. Look at the moment bitching rival fans are doing.

It's a higher risk but the right choice. This can backfire and cost us dearly, but it's worth it. Like Laporta said: He is not a gambler, he takes calculated risks.

Joan

And today, read Barca's home jerseys are 100% sold from their stores.

This is what Barca needed. A good team. I thought we should build with youth and struggle for years (most likely with that approach), but that would take years, and the product quality would just drop and drop.. Instead, we are here now. Laporta built a huge buzz around the team. It's one of the most exciting teams in the world right now. Look at the moment bitching rival fans are doing.

It's a higher risk but the right choice. This can backfire and cost us dearly, but it's worth it. Like Laporta said: He is not a gambler, he takes calculated risks.

Barca couldn't let all the buzz about the club die and do a slow rebuild. Things change rapidly and you gotta stay relevant. Biggest clubs in the world had fallen off the stage before. It's arrogant to think the same couldn't happen to us.

There is no guarantee this approach is going to work but it's better than the alternatives. And if we're successful enough, we'll make up for the difference in revenue. Go further in the CL and we'll be halfway there.

FinBarcelonafan

Barca couldn't let all the buzz about the club die and do a slow rebuild. Things change rapidly and you gotta stay relevant. Biggest clubs in the world had fallen off the stage before. It's arrogant to think the same couldn't happen to us.

There is no guarantee this approach is going to work but it's better than the alternatives. And if we're successful enough, we'll make up for the difference in revenue. Go further in the CL and we'll be halfway there.

Our revenues must be up a lot already. Spectator amount and jerseys sold and other things. Probably more than 20%.

Horatio

You're welcome
I was against appointment of Jordi Cruijff. His resume is horrendous. I still do not know if he is doing a good job or not and how much say he had in transfers. But today he said: "all of the players that chose Barca had a better offer elsewhere." Pretty nice if true. Unless he is referring to MLS or middle east, which he likely is. And he said "Barca is turning into a magnet again for players." which I agree with and told a friend yesterday and think is important and makes me happy.

khaled_a_d

I was against appointment of Jordi Cruijff. His resume is horrendous. I still do not know if he is doing a good job or not and how much say he had in transfers. But today he said: "all of the players that chose Barca had a better offer elsewhere." Pretty nice if true. Unless he is referring to MLS or middle east, which he likely is. And he said "Barca is turning into a magnet again for players." which I agree with and told a friend yesterday and think is important and makes me happy.

Jordi had success as SD everywhere he worked, had awful results as a coach. Although he was SD at much lower level.

Here he is SD, and so far it seems the trio of him, Xavi & Alemany (along whoever else behind the scenes) are doing good work in selecting players that can succeed here

Gari

Our revenues must be up a lot already. Spectator amount and jerseys sold and other things. Probably more than 20%.

The central match of the Champions League tour, where we are on an equal footing, at least, we are fighting away with Bayern. By the heat, there were no more such matches on the tour. After the match, only respectful comments. We are returning.

Home of Barca Fans