João Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some reporters saying fans with families(kids) have been harassed by drunk Frankfurt fans. At their own fucking home stadium. What a disaster.

Messigician

How dare you embarrass the club

Never in all my years have I ever seen a home game be more hostile than an away game

Not a single word of responsibility it is beyond shameful

Not a single group will return to the animation stand

Richard.H

The Camp Nou is catered to the locals and always will be catered to the locals. It's just the way it is. Socis will always have priority. This creates a situation where outsider fans who are probably bigger fans (as shown by this forum) don't have very easy access to watch their team. It's like the club doesn't realize it's 2022. The world is globalized now. It's ok for your fans to be everywhere in the world and still be able to watch games.

Totally agree with the German 80 % model. If you aren't attending at least 80% of the games, you should have your membership taken away. Also make it easier for outside folks to get membership. I am sure there are a ton of fans in England, France, Portugal, willing to make the trek to Barcelona to watch. More so than the casual socis.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The Camp Nou is catered to the locals and always will be catered to the locals. It's just the way it is. Socis will always have priority. This creates a situation where outsider fans who are probably bigger fans (as shown by this forum) don't have very easy access to watch their team. It's like the club doesn't realize it's 2022. The world is globalized now. It's ok for your fans to be everywhere in the world and still be able to watch games.

Totally agree with the German 80 % model. If you aren't attending at least 80% of the games, you should have your membership taken away. Also make it easier for outside folks to get membership. I am sure there are a ton of fans in England, France, Portugal, willing to make the trek to Barcelona to watch. More so than the casual socis.

I disagree that foreign fans don't have easy access to Camp Nou. Compared to many English, German clubs and even some Spanish ones, Camp Nou is actually very accessible. Other than a few games like el Clasico etc. (even el Clasico of late you could buy tickets without being a soci), you can definitely buy tickets directly from the club's official site, whereas in other some stadiums, it is almost impossible to purchase tickets directly from the club, you will have to pay a lot more at third party vendors. Also the club makes the tickets and other official communications available in English, unlike some other clubs. Naturally the club gives priority to its socis, the majority of who are Catalan and Spanish, of course. That's the case in any club, especially those member-owned ones. But anybody could become a soci in the past after having met certain conditions, nowadays you can apply to be a soci without having to travel to Barcelona: https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/card/2546055/online-registration-of-members They really are making it easier for the foreign fans.

Agreed on the German model or whatever it takes to ensure season ticket holders should go to more games than they are today.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
These Catalan and local Barca fans should look at themselves in the mirror first before demanding Laporta to go. They are the ones who have been giving lackluster support to the team all year round, they are the ones who don't bother to go support the team at Camp Nou, they were the ones who sold tickets to the Frankfurt fans, more than anybody, Laporta and the club itself, those local fans share the most blame.

Laporta, Xavi and others have appealed to the local fans many times to come to Camp Nou to support the team. And after the Frankfurt fiasco, only 57K showed up today, haha, so so so pathetic.

What can be done about those local Barcelona fans who alleged they love Barca but are too lazy and too poor to support the club? Screw them. Everyone knows I am not a fan of Laporta's, but these local fans have got their priorities all fucked up. They should blame themselves first.

MTL_Barca

What can be done about those local Barcelona fans who alleged they love Barca but are too lazy and too poor to support the club? Screw them. Everyone knows I am not a fan of Laporta's, but these local fans have got their priorities all fucked up. They should blame themselves first.

Well the "too poor" part sounds a bit harsh, generally tickets are just expensive at least when i compare it to the Allianz Arena what is the only big stadium i can regularly visit. Most expensive category of tickets there is around 60-70 i think, Camp Nou also has seats for 35-70 but the better ones are going up to like 100-150 and honestly as just a sunday evening kinda thing you can do every 2nd week if you want that is a lot of money.

I'm sure the club has calculated that and financially it's probably better to only have 70% attendance with the sold out game here or there than a full stadium with cheaper tickets but i'd imagine if we wanted to get more fans in there it would help to reduce the prices.

In general i agree with you though, kinda strange seeing fans protesting NOW right after a game where it were the socis themselves making us look like a joke.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well the "too poor" part sounds a bit harsh, generally tickets are just expensive at least when i compare it to the Allianz Arena what is the only big stadium i can regularly visit. Most expensive category of tickets there is around 60-70 i think, Camp Nou also has seats for 35-70 but the better ones are going up to like 100-150 and honestly as just a sunday evening kinda thing you can do every 2nd week if you want that is a lot of money.

I'm sure the club has calculated that and financially it's probably better to only have 70% attendance with the sold out game here or there than a full stadium with cheaper tickets but i'd imagine if we wanted to get more fans in there it would help to reduce the prices.

In general i agree with you though, kinda strange seeing fans protesting NOW right after a game where it were the socis themselves making us look like a joke.

Yeah, I think ticket prices can be lower, but still not much of an excuse for fans not to show up (the third tiers have quite cheap tickets but visually from the TV, I don't see it being full almost ever). The most expensive tickets at the Allianz for Bundesliga games (for CL games they are higher) are 100 euros if I am not mistaken, but the problem is you could almost never buy tickets directly from Bayern at face value since they are almost always sold out, at least before the pandemic. Which goes to say the level of support their fans have, I can only envy.

More importantly, it is inexcusable for our season ticket holders to not show up, they already got their tickets (for pretty cheap), they don't show up or worse yet, in the case of the game against Frankfurt, 7000 of them sold their cards to the Frankfurt fans and 7400 of socis bought tickets just to sell them to Frankfurt fans (according to Laporta today). Inexcusable.

Looks like the club might actually apply some sort of ratio (aka "the German model") on those season ticket holders. About time. https://www.2playbook.com/clubes/ba...cia-reformulara-cesion-asientos_7722_102.html

JamDav1982

Socios have been making money off their tickets for years. To make out this is just an issue now is a joke.

The club should have dealt with this long before now and should not let in away fans to home end either to prevent this type of issue.

The socios are the biggest weakness to Barca being a modern day club. From investment to the way they see the club as an entitlement. They sneer at the 'tourists' on one hand then use them to get cash in pocket the next.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good.

Minimum 80% attendance. Waiting list is big so time to weed out the people that see their season tickets as some family heirlooms and don't give a shit about the team.

Lets see if this board will go all the way though. Can easily see them back down if they get some pushback.

KingLeo10

Meanwhile Laporta running behind 34 year old strikers and players like Leao and Jesus!

Isn't he the fittest and greatest 34 year old striker in history according to you?

Make up your mind dawg. Gotta twerk for Lewa with consistency...can't let your Barca hate (the one truly consistent thing about you on this forum) overshadow that :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

Socios have been making money off their tickets for years. To make out this is just an issue now is a joke.

The club should have dealt with this long before now and should not let in away fans to home end either to prevent this type of issue.

The socios are the biggest weakness to Barca being a modern day club. From investment to the way they see the club as an entitlement. They sneer at the 'tourists' on one hand then use them to get cash in pocket the next.

Ding ding. True.

Home of Barca Fans