João Laporta

Devils

Mateu Alemany could become Bar?a's CEO after Ferran Reverter's departure. [sport]

Stunning.

Would be a bad move. Keep Alemany in the Sporting Department.

Windhook

If so, then I hope the conscious socis will veto it.

Barca are going through hard times with the financial crisis in COVID times. I understand the need to bring cash immediately, but changing the ownership model and selling part of the club to corporations is a desperate move and not the right one. I'm against Nike owning 20% of the club, not that I dislike the brand, but still...

With good strategy in the long term the club will stabilize, won't happen overnight. For 10 years the club was run by megalomaniacs, what could be expected at the end?

khaled_a_d

Mateu Alemany could become Barca's CEO after Ferran Reverter's departure. [sport]

Stunning.

Would be a bad move. Keep Alemany in the Sporting Department.

Alemany was originally a business guy, was CEO and president of Mallorca.
Many actually speculated that this was going to be his position when he sided with Laporta in the election.
If we replace him with strong SD, it is decent move.
Would argue he has better CV than Grau when he took over that position in 2016

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am not sure if Alemany has the necessary business skills to be our CEO. Sure he was a CEO at Mallorca but that is not on the same scale as us, which is a lot bigger and much more complex. He is a good sporting director, doesn't mean he would be a good CEO.

Also the rumor is Jordi Cruyff would be handed Alemany's current job. Big no no there.

khaled_a_d

I am not sure if Alemany has the necessary business skills to be our CEO. Sure he was a CEO at Mallorca but that is not on the same scale as us, which is a lot bigger and much more complex. He is a good sporting director, doesn't mean he would be a good CEO.

Also the rumor is Jordi Cruyff would be handed Alemany's current job. Big no no there.

Alemany was CEO before, was offered to be CEO of RM multiple times. He is as qualified as it gets to be our CEO.
Help me here, but other than Grau (who was less qualified than Alemany) I really don't remember many CEO of the club. What was their backgrounds?
Reverter was always an outlier, he was essentially out of our league type of heir who we were lucky to get (and also due to Laporta generally being good recruiter)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Terrible developments...

[MENTION=16794]xavi[/MENTION]__hdez
First place medal] | Ferran Reverter's resignation have raised concern on Eduard Romeu and Mateu Alemany, who are surprised as well as affected by his departure. #fcblive

Romeu grew very close to Reverter during the negotiations with Goldman Sachs, and is very affected by his sudden departure. However, he has no plans to resign in the short term, but he knows that Laporta will now have less resistance if he wants to withdraw certain powers.

Mateu Alemany, who also maintained an excellent professional relationship with Reverter is also affected and sees the departure as falling of one of the key pillars of the management.

Laporta doesn't want any more losses from his board and has already made efforts for Josep Maria Albert, Reverter's ex-partner at MediaMarkt, but he refused to come.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Alemany was CEO before, was offered to be CEO of RM multiple times. He is as qualified as it gets to be our CEO.
Help me here, but other than Grau (who was less qualified than Alemany) I really don't remember many CEO of the club. What was their backgrounds?
Reverter was always an outlier, he was essentially out of our league type of heir who we were lucky to get (and also due to Laporta generally being good recruiter)

Indeed, to the point that L'Esportieu called Reverter " the Messi of the CEOs"...

Windhook

Sounds too dramatic to buy into it. Whole board commiting suicide when things finally start to click. Doesn't make sense unless there is unbelievable bromance going on like Messi and Suarez, something that senior business people don't do usually.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Signature Laporta nepotism.

He promises transparency but I guess transparency only applies to his predecessor's Barca, not his own.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Corruption never ends.

Maybe we really need to sell and once the club operates like company people will be obliged to run it more professionaly.

Home of Barca Fans