João Laporta

khaled_a_d

The right thing to do to publicly rejecting the CVC deal and even go to the length of suing them while privately negotiating with them (if true)? Respectfully disagreed.

I will applaud him if he continues to reject the CVC deal both publicly and privately.

How do you know they aren't the one negotiating with us privately?
Do you think in such case we should shut them down rather than listen to what they have to say?

iniestaGOAT

The right thing to do to publicly rejecting the CVC deal and even go to the length of suing them while privately negotiating with them (if true)? Respectfully disagreed.

I will applaud him if he continues to reject the CVC deal both publicly and privately.

Don't be stupid. He rejected the first deal, negations are taking place. First we sign the cvc deal then we sigj halaand.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How do you know they aren't the one negotiating with us privately?
Do you think in such case we should shut them down rather than listen to what they have to say?

Does that make any difference though?

We are talking to them while suing them, it doesn't matter who initiated it.

Also, why is CVC so desperate to loan us money? We are the desperate one.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't be stupid. He rejected the first deal, negations are taking place. First we sign the cvc deal then we sigj halaand.

Don't be stupid, he rejected the one and only CVC deal which encompasses all La Liga Primera and Segunda clubs and he is suing them along with Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao as they believe the deal is illegal. Now he is negotiating with CVC separately (confirmed by Tebas today).

CVC is not going to help us get Haaland, don't be so naive.

FinBarcelonafan

Don't be stupid, he rejected the one and only CVC deal which encompasses all La Liga Primera and Segunda clubs and he is suing them along with Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao as they believe the deal is illegal. Now he is negotiating with CVC separately (confirmed by Tebas today).

CVC is not going to help us get Haaland, don't be so naive.

What does it help then? If it doesn't help anything why bother even negoating?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What does it help then? If it doesn't help anything why bother even negoating?

If I have to take a guess it would help us beef up our cash position and fill our coffer to pay salaries and pay for transfers at the level of Ferran Torres and less, not at the level of Haaland. Either way we will have to get rid of players first, as I don't think CVC or any loan we get is counted as income/revenue therefore our salary cap is still not going up by much.

JamDav1982

CVC deal is counted as income otherwise would have made no difference to Messi signing.

The issue with Messi was the accounts and league rules not a lack of cash otherwise they would have signed him on back of a loan.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
CVC deal is counted as income otherwise would have made no difference to Messi signing.

The issue with Messi was the accounts and league rules not a lack of cash otherwise they would have signed him on back of a loan.

The logic makes sense but I haven't been able to find any sources to confirm that CVC money that will be distributed to clubs is considered income.

I doubt it because even owner's injection of money into the club is not counted as income (Atletico's and Espanyol's recent ones for example). Why would CVC's be different, not to mention they are a loan essentially?

khaled_a_d

The logic makes sense but I haven't been able to find any sources to confirm that CVC money that will be distributed to clubs is considered income.

I doubt it because even owner's injection of money into the club is not counted as income (Atletico's and Espanyol's recent ones for example). Why would CVC's be different, not to mention they are a loan essentially?

Owners investing is actually counted in salary cap. That was confirmed before.
And Tebas has said countless of times that we could renewed Messi with CVC deal.
CVC will allow us to get Halaand, and that is why Tebas is opening his mouth again.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Owners investing is actually counted in salary cap. That was confirmed before.
And Tebas has said countless of times that we could renewed Messi with CVC deal.
CVC will allow us to get Halaand, and that is why Tebas is opening his mouth again.

Do you have the sources for this, Khaled?

That is some creative accounting if true, I must say.

FinBarcelonafan

Do you have the sources for this, Khaled?

That is some creative accounting if true, I must say.

I think Atletico owners added money, so they could keep their players or buy some players (like Griezmann).

It adds money to the salary cap.

Sadly Barca can't do the same unless all the socios would give a few million?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Atletico owners added money, so they could keep their players or buy some players (like Griezmann).

It adds money to the salary cap.

Sadly Barca can't do the same unless all the socios would give a few million?

If that's really true, doesn't it defeat the purpose of FFP? Basically owners, whether they are states, oil, real estate or financial tycoons from anywhere in this world can just pump money into the clubs they own and inflate their income/revenues, so they can up their spending power/cap accordingly, as a result, right?

FinBarcelonafan

If that's really true, doesn't it defeat the purpose of FFP? Basically owners, whether they are states, oil, real estate or financial tycoons from anywhere in this world can just pump money into the clubs they own and inflate their income/revenues, so they can up their spending power/cap accordingly, as a result, right?

Of course. It makes no sense, especially in a league with Real Madrid, Fc Barcelona, etc. They are basically punished by it because they are owned by socios.

iniestaGOAT

FFP has always been a joke,there is a reason bald fraud and a city run rings around UEFA

behindbrowneyes

In the case of Atletico it is not as easy as "owners added money". Atletico has had a capital injection from private equity investor Ares Management who will take a 33.96% stake of the Spanish' new holding company.

https://en.atleticodemadrid.com/not...ng-agrees-181-8-million-euro-capital-increase

Home of Barca Fans