User Tag List

Page 328 of 348 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 5218

Thread: Joan Laporta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long term I don't think the cvc deal will be great for clubs it seems a very short term gain for a long time debt.
    As for perez leading laporta along solely to help madrid I don't think so. Floper is smart he knows madrid needs a competitive barca and vice versa to keep the big money machines ticking along

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frog-fcb View Post
    Long term I don't think the cvc deal will be great for clubs it seems a very short term gain for a long time debt.
    As for perez leading laporta along solely to help madrid I don't think so. Floper is smart he knows madrid needs a competitive barca and vice versa to keep the big money machines ticking along
    I hold the unpopular view that the CVC deal is good for the league, or the pros outweigh the cons. With the non-stop rise of the EPL clubs (latest case in point, their new deal extension with NBC in the US is worth twice as much as the deal La Liga struck with ESPN+, which was already improved from its previous deal with BeIN Sports), the rise of the state clubs and with star players leaving La Liga, the league is really in a bad shape both sporting and non-sporting wise and it badly needs the money to boost its infrastructure, branding and purchasing power and that's exactly what the CVC money will bring. The CVC deal will grow the pie and ceding away a portion of the future money is a necessary price to pay to grow bigger, in my opinion.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short term it's probably good for the league but over the longer term they will be giving up a lot more than they got.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short term it's probably good for the league but over the longer term they will be giving up a lot more than they got.
    Yes, but the money they are giving away is based on a bigger pie, i.e. increased revenues for all, for example receiving $120 and having to give away $30 is still better than holding onto their full $100 without the deal.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly though if it does benefit the whole league I'd assume barca real an bilbao will benefit aswell while still getting to keep all of there money.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly though if it does benefit the whole league I'd assume barca real an bilbao will benefit aswell while still getting to keep all of there money.
    Yes, definitely, the 4 clubs that are not participating at the moment will benefit as well, if the entire league gets stronger and the pie gets bigger, the money and benefit trickles down to everybody.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    Tebas knows shit. First he should look in the mirror and see the person who let La Liga decline in quality.
    Exactly. Tebas has messed up everything himself and blames others.

Haha.

I hope he won't continue, for the sake of LaLiga.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said he didn't meet Messi tonight.

Maybe he's avoiding him

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Messi must hate him, if they didn't even talk. Wow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don Laporta probably too drunk to even recognize messi

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    🚨From Bar?a they say they are not surprised that Laporta and Messi did not meet during Ballon d?Or gala evening: ?Relations between the president and the Messi camp fell apart after the player left and there is a lot of tension?, As per to sources in the club. #FCBlive

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't get much into the drama. Laporta's face was shown while Messi received the award and Barca social page uploaded Messi's speech. Meanwhile cameras where all over PSG directors who have zero contribution to Leo's achievement. Pathetic.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Messi would ever get involved with this bum again. Won him the elections and then fucked him over with false promises. Was evident that the Messi camp felt let down by Laporta and didn't want to be associated with him anymore. Don't know why it still surprises people that the two parties don't see each other eye to eye.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Won him the elections and then fucked him over with false promises.
    All candidates based their agenda on extending Messi's contract. Laporta won based mainly on his previous tenure as president and the fact he's in good relations with huge part of the people associated with Barca, current and former.