João Laporta

Birdy

That is mean!
Ok I will answer you that you are correct that Koeman wanted a much more expensive attacker than Luuk de Jong. As he didn't get one, he has all the right to whine like a 2 year old about the players not being able to play tici-taco!
I must say, overall, you use some words that you think sound fancy, but they only weaken your arguments and your style. You don't give many 'points' yourself, I don't see anything that I didn't respond to in a fitting way.

I have covered all the above extensively the last year.
There is no point in repeating, besides If I collect all these extensive responses, you will have a 30 page text
I am only addressing extensively arguments or points not addressed in the past here

I will give you just 1 example:
For instance, it is a lie (if said on purpose knowing the truth) or a false claim (if said unknowingly on good will) to say that Koeman did not get the best out of Messi.
On the contrary, he tinkered things to accommodate Messi but Messi for the most part failed to convert as he did in the past

Since Ernie left, Messi's convertion rate had been abysmall compared to his usual standards (this is well-documented and I have covered it in my posts backed with the data) He improved in the 2nd half of 20/21 but didn't reach his old levels
Both Setien and Koeman were affected by that.

I assume you know that already right? Or not?
Then why do you repeat the same false claim?
BF seems a place where the one who shouts the most wins, rather than the one who has a valid, and properly justified, argument

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hiring Roberto Martinez is going to cost him his Presidency.

He's not the man to develop these younger players or impose a style with proper structure in attack or defence. I personally don't think he's that much better than Koeman, if at all, and he has no association to Barca. At least Koeman is a Barca legend who command some respect.

I'm all for hiring an outsider if they don't want Xavi, but it have to be someone with multiple years in mind and someone that's actually worth it. Roberto Martinez is not that guy.

Last edited:

Bobo32

BF seems a place where the one who shouts the most wins, rather than the one who has a valid, and properly justified, argument
There are a few people here who can see an argument and think.
You have to understand though that football is subjective for the most part, and "valid justified arguments" doesn't matter that much anywhere anyway.
Cruyff said something about the beautiful thing with football is everyone can have their opinion...
I have covered all the above extensively the last year.
There is no point in repeating, besides If I collect all these extensive responses, you will have a 30 page text
I am only addressing extensively arguments or points not addressed in the past here

I will give you just 1 example:
For instance, it is a lie (if said on purpose knowing the truth) or a false claim (if said unknowingly on good will) to say that Koeman did not get the best out of Messi.
On the contrary, he tinkered things to accommodate Messi but Messi for the most part failed to convert as he did in the past

Since Ernie left, Messi's convertion rate had been abysmall compared to his usual standards (this is well-documented and I have covered it in my posts backed with the data) He improved in the 2nd half of 20/21 but didn't reach his old levels
Both Setien and Koeman were affected by that.

I assume you know that already right? Or not?
Then why do you repeat the same false claim?
You don't need to write a novel, your points or opinions got across in your first post.
They are opinions though, and the opinion that Koeman got the best out of Messi, and that if he didn't, Messi himself somehow is at fault for it, is ridiculous and almost blasphemous I think.

Messigician

(🌕) Majority of the members in the board are in favor of Xavi?s arrival, but Joan Laporta prefers Roberto Martinez. These 2 names are the ones that are currently standing out the most, among many others on the list. @tjuanmarti #FCB 👥

Fraud without Rosell

SmilerBam

What you can't get is that I am not 'defending Koeman' in general.
I am not accepting the silly scapegoating against him uttered here, from people who whine like 2yr-olds all the time irrespective of what actually happens on and off the pitch, and who can't construct a proper argument based on evidence and reasoning

He is not the only culprit, but he is one of them too. Of course, if he is changed now or in October, i don't understand why he was reinstated in the summer anyway. But you have to understand that at a club of Barcelona stature, even in reconstruction, is not deemed acceptable the dispplays we had in the last two matches. And yes,last season we were third mostly because Messi decided to play from November. Then Koeman procedeed to fuck up the last matches that could have bought us the title.

Messigician

🚨 Enric Masip [Laporta?s Advisor]: ?There are journalists who?ve kept silent about everything that the previous board had done and now they blame the new president, they go to gatherings and lie.?

🎤 Interviewer: ?You speak of Lluis Canut??

🗣 Masip: ?Yes.?

SmilerBam

Hiring Roberto Martinez is going to cost him his Presidency.

He's not the man to develop these younger players or impose a style with proper structure in attack or defence. I personally don't think he's that much better than Koeman, if at all, and he has no association to Barca. At least Koeman is a Barca legend who command some respect.

I'm all for hiring an outsider if they don't want Xavi, but it have to be someone with multiple years in mind and someone that's actually worth it. Roberto Martinez is not that guy.

Yeah, Roberto Martinez is a laughable choice. I think Laporta lost his touch.

Birdy

A Good read by Guillem Ballague about the 'Toxic Battle' at Barca

Some highlight quotes:

"Laporta's attempt to establish himself not only as the man responsible for the club's financial decisions but also, apparently, as the person in charge of the football philosophy ...
It is fine to say Barcelona have to play the Cruyff way but it has not been decided within the club exactly what that means now football is faster and more physical"

"It is difficult to imagine a scenario in which Laporta could have demeaned Koeman more or shown him less respect."

"Laporta is getting fed up with putting out all the fires that keep emerging around the club every time Koeman opens his mouth, while the Dutchman, protected by a bulletproof contract, is probably thinking 'as you sow, so shall you reap', and only just resisting adding the phrase: "Come on then, sack me!""

"In this battle between where Barcelona should be (Laporta's dream) and the realities of life that determine where they actually are (Koeman), it's difficult to see how this can have anything remotely close to a happy ending."

FinBarcelonafan

A Good read by Guillem Ballague about the 'Toxic Battle' at Barca

Some highlight quotes:

"Laporta's attempt to establish himself not only as the man responsible for the club's financial decisions but also, apparently, as the person in charge of the football philosophy ...
It is fine to say Barcelona have to play the Cruyff way but it has not been decided within the club exactly what that means now football is faster and more physical"

"It is difficult to imagine a scenario in which Laporta could have demeaned Koeman more or shown him less respect."

"Laporta is getting fed up with putting out all the fires that keep emerging around the club every time Koeman opens his mouth, while the Dutchman, protected by a bulletproof contract, is probably thinking 'as you sow, so shall you reap', and only just resisting adding the phrase: "Come on then, sack me!""

"In this battle between where Barcelona should be (Laporta's dream) and the realities of life that determine where they actually are (Koeman), it's difficult to see how this can have anything remotely close to a happy ending."

Great article. Thanks for sharing.

serghei

Laporta is in charge of a football club, not a corporation like McDonalds. His project is ultimately measured in sporting success as well, some might say to the greatest extent. It's in his right to be displeased with Koeman, he was not his choice.

If however gets his choice and the manager is not the right one, all his project will go to shit.

FinBarcelonafan

Laporta is in charge of a football club, not a corporation like McDonalds. His project is ultimately measured in sporting success as well, some might say to the greatest extent. It's in his right to be displeased with Koeman, he was not his choice.

If however gets his choice and the manager is not the right one, all his project will go to shit.

You should have told that to Bartomeu who tried to run Barcelona like startup.

Home of Barca Fans