João Laporta

Xaviniesta

He's saying it because the fans were whistling our players and throwing trash at the Granada bench.

As the capacity of the stadium keeps going up it's just going to get more and more hostile.

this. i doubt he'd come out with a video implying he's gonna sack koeman. not a very respectful thing to do.

clearly the fans were hostile yesterday. also wouldn't surprise me if roberto cried to him about the boos during his contract negotiation :lol:

behindbrowneyes

Good that the honeymoon-phase is over and fans are back in the stadium to give their opinion. These players have been delusional way too long.

behindbrowneyes

The cover page of Sport right now does not look good for Koeman.

He'll be gone mid October the latest. They are working for his replacement already, but won't rush things as they don't want to make a mistake. Next coach is key for the presidency.

I wonder who it will be. A good start is pretty much guaranteed and the new coach will look better from the fact already that all injured players bar Braithwaite will be back.

Poor Koeman. He gets thrown under the bus in a really difficult phase. Club got rid of Suarez, Messi and Griezmann and the only replacement that deserves the term is Memphis. Can't count Aguero as he hasn't been fit since joining.

Don't even want to calculate the goal contribution of these 3 players. Can't get rid off these guys and compensate it while Ansu, Aguero and Dembele are out injured. Hell even Braithwaite is missing if you watch the last 2 games. Can't believe that I'm writing that.

Bobo32

Club got rid of Suarez, Messi and Griezmann and the only replacement that deserves the term is Memphis.

He didn't seem to mind losing Suarez.......
He came in and told Messi his priveleges were over, Messi played terribly for half a year, but then single handedly saved Koeman in 2021. Koeman had him available for 1 year.
As he did with Griezmann, and with these two, he got less points than anyone ever got who had Messi available pretty much. Griezmann was terrible and needed to go.
Koeman got the player he wanted most in Depay, and he also got Long de Jong (and don't tell me he didn't want him!)

The most striking problem with FC Barcelona right now is the coach! There is a lot of potential in the squad, even if the coach doesn't want to acknowledge it! And yes they can play the tiqui-taco, it's just that Koeman prefers to tell them to sit deep and spam crosses when he gets the chance!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He came in and told Messi his priveleges were over, Messi played terribly for half a year, but then single handedly saved Koeman in 2021. Koeman had him available for 1 year.
As he did with Griezmann, and with these two, he got less points than anyone ever got who had Messi available pretty much. Griezmann was terrible and needed to go.
Koeman got the player he wanted most in Depay, and he also got Long de Jong (and don't tell me he didn't want him!)

The most striking problem with FC Barcelona right now is the coach! There is a lot of potential in the squad, even if the coach doesn't want to acknowledge it! And yes they can play the tiqui-taco, it's just that Koeman prefers to tell them to sit deep and spam crosses when he gets the chance!

Dude, Koeman is incompetent, but no top coach will work with this squad and no coach can make this squad contender for any kind of trophy besides the Gamper...

Birdy

Perfect exemplification of how bias can distort reality

1) No one confirmed that rumor about the 'privileges' quote. I wish that was said,
and i wish Messi was benched the whole 1st half of 20/21 when he was acting as a training cone stopping our attacks

Reality said otherwise, Messi retained his unacceptable privileges to the detriment of the team

2) LOL :lol:
No, Messi didn't save him.
He saved himself by finding 2 systems and a balance that worked for 4 good months.
That system accommodated Messi and his deficiencies and the overall imbalance he subjected the team to

3) That propaganda about points is answered already, and you couldn't counter the arguments
Not going through it again.

4) No, he didn't want Luuk De Jong.
He wanted much better options that the club could not afford.
The money they gave him to chose striker from corresponded to Luuk level or below.

Club did well to get rid of high-earners that were finished at top level (yes, that includes Messi as well)
I don't care if Suarez scores for a mediocre Atleti, who is not gonna win the league this season anyway, and whose real level we see in Europe
The level of LaLiga is super low.
Deal with it...

Bobo32

Dude, Koeman is incompetent, but no top coach will work with this squad and no coach can make this squad contender for any kind of trophy besides the Gamper...

I have a very strong feeling you will find out you're wrong in a few years.
Let's see!
Nevertheless, I am very certain that Koeman handles things very poorly. The team obviously, it's easy to see when things functions or not, and there are teams functioning much better than the current Barcelona that doesn't have one player that would take place in Barcelonas squad. But more than that, the way that Koeman handles the situation he is in right now - in his professed dream position of manager in his dream club, and he just comes across as very poor in every way, in the way he handles the press, the ones over and under him and so on. It's just a bit sad to see to be honest.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I have a very strong feeling you will find out you're wrong in a few years.
Let's see!
Nevertheless, I am very certain that Koeman handles things very poorly. The team obviously, it's easy to see when things functions or not, and there are teams functioning much better than the current Barcelona that doesn't have one player that would take place in Barcelonas squad. But more than that, the way that Koeman handles the situation he is in right now - in his professed dream position of manager in his dream club, and he just comes across as very poor in every way, in the way he handles the press, the ones over and under him and so on. It's just a bit sad to see to be honest.

The thing is that I'm not talking about the future... Because I agree, there are some really good prospects in the current squad, however they are not ready yet and if we want to have that bright future to talk about, we need to keep our head above water today, if we sink too low then we are done for good unless the club gets sold to a billionaire...

My point, is that there are a lot more things that have to change and not just the coach...

Bobo32

1) No one confirmed that rumor about the 'privileges' quote. I wish that was said,
and i wish Messi was benched the whole 1st half of 20/21 when he was acting as a training cone stopping our attacks

Reality said otherwise, Messi retained his unacceptable privileges to the detriment of the team
I don't know if it's true it's correct, but it seemed to be true, not least because of Messis reaction.
I think it's a bit disrespectful to write like you do about Messi here. Barcelona owe him a lot.

He saved himself by finding 2 systems and a balance that worked for 4 good months.
That system accommodated Messi and his deficiencies and the overall imbalance he subjected the team to
He had a few systems that worked until they didn't. Koeman seemed to have no clue about what he was doing. He got less out of Messi than most managers.
3) That propaganda about points is answered already, and you couldn't counter the arguments
lolno. The points are points, it's just facts that you can't relativize as you like.

The money they gave him to chose striker from corresponded to Luuk level or below.
I wasn't asked, and I would demand less than Luuky probably...
Lol there are of course a lot of strikers that could be taken in before him and be more useful. He was obviously someone that Koeman wanted.
Club did well to get rid of high-earners that were finished at top level (yes, that includes Messi as well)
I don't care if Suarez scores for a mediocre Atleti, who is not gonna win the league this season anyway, and whose real level we see in Europe
Deal with it...
Yes most of the transfers out are good. The manager should've been taken out a long time ago too, and the club would probably win the league last year, and be in a good position to do so this year too.

Bobo32

The thing is that I'm not talking about the future... Because I agree, there are some really good prospects in the current squad, however they are not ready yet and if we want to have that bright future to talk about, we need to keep our head above water today, if we sink too low then we are done for good unless the club gets sold to a billionaire...

My point, is that there are a lot more things that have to change and not just the coach...

Sure, that the club could be lead by Bartomeu for five years is an example of a systematic flaw, for example.
I am not so much in the know about the club, but many of Fonts points made a lot of sense to me.

The squad is talented, a good base to build on for the future. Yes one or two signings in the coming years, and a few more canteranos taking the step is probably needed, but the problem is not that the squad is too terrible for a great coach like Koeman to work with. Of course the way the footballing world is headed, Barcelona are in a disadvantage in many ways vs some clubs. But Barcelona could challenge very well before, when they were pretty much the only ones not to have a sponsor on their shirt for example. They have their advantages as well and need to make use of them.

SmilerBam

Deal with it...

And why this mighty genius coach can't beat now Granada at home? Yes,Messi saved his ass last season, and now he is not around to save his ass again. So he turned us into Stoke. Some of you, i think you watch football with your butts.

SmilerBam

How can anyone defend Cowman is beyond me. He is practically the dutch David Moyes. Or maybe worse, because Moyes was good at Everton, while he was shit on stick there. Laporta did a another mistake besides the lies with Messi: he didn't changed Cowman when he should have done to- in the summer.

Birdy

How can anyone defend Cowman is beyond me. He is practically the dutch David Moyes. Or maybe worse, because Moyes was good at Everton, while he was shit on stick there. Laporta did a another mistake besides the lies with Messi: he didn't changed Cowman when he should have done to- in the summer.

What you can't get is that I am not 'defending Koeman' in general.
I am not accepting the silly scapegoating against him uttered here, from people who whine like 2yr-olds all the time irrespective of what actually happens on and off the pitch, and who can't construct a proper argument based on evidence and reasoning

I don't know if it's true it's correct, but it seemed to be true, not least because of Messis reaction.
I think it's a bit disrespectful to write like you do about Messi here. Barcelona owe him a lot.

He had a few systems that worked until they didn't. Koeman seemed to have no clue about what he was doing. He got less out of Messi than most managers.

lolno. The points are points, it's just facts that you can't relativize as you like.

I wasn't asked, and I would demand less than Luuky probably...
Lol there are of course a lot of strikers that could be taken in before him and be more useful. He was obviously someone that Koeman wanted.

Yes most of the transfers out are good. The manager should've been taken out a long time ago too, and the club would probably win the league last year, and be in a good position to do so this year too.

Amazing that you answered point by point, without answering any point :lol:, just kept repeating the same lines that you originally wrote like Jammy,
maybe you two should become friends!

Last edited:

Bobo32

Amazing that you answered point by point, without answering any point :lol:, just kept repeating the same lines that you originally wrote like Jammy,
maybe you two should become friends!

That is mean!
Ok I will answer you that you are correct that Koeman wanted a much more expensive attacker than Luuk de Jong. As he didn't get one, he has all the right to whine like a 2 year old about the players not being able to play tici-taco!
I must say, overall, you use some words that you think sound fancy, but they only weaken your arguments and your style. You don't give many 'points' yourself, I don't see anything that I didn't respond to in a fitting way.

Home of Barca Fans