João Laporta

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Laporta: "The previous board had someone to discover talents in South America. He charged 8 million euros, an inappropriate amount."

Laporta: "There was a modus operandi to bypass the club's internal controls, split invoices, as in the case of I3 Ventures, or go through the Assembly. This method was also used for Espai Bar?a and in the Departments of Marketing and Computer Science."

Laporta: "The Johan Cruyff stadium had a budget of 4 million and has cost 20 million euros."

We actually had a Real Madrid agent running the club. Amazing

KingLeo10

Laporta: "The previous board had someone to discover talents in South America. He charged 8 million euros, an inappropriate amount."

Laporta: "There was a modus operandi to bypass the club's internal controls, split invoices, as in the case of I3 Ventures, or go through the Assembly. This method was also used for Espai Bar?a and in the Departments of Marketing and Computer Science."

Laporta: "The Johan Cruyff stadium had a budget of 4 million and has cost 20 million euros."

We actually had a Real Madrid agent running the club. Amazing

Waiting for Bartogician to come and try and spin this :lol:

Prodi

No fucking way, a scout being paid 8 million fucking euros? LMAO

Andre Cury.

Cury helped us sign Neymar. Rosell instead of paying him a commission hired him to work at the club, charging annually 8M.
He also presented us with Brazilian players for whom he took additional commissions such as Malcom or Matheus.
Later Cury helped PSG to sign Neymar while he continued to earn money from his contract with FCB.

JerseyAddict

it is not the players job to run the club. why should alba think about how the president runs the club? doesn't happen anywhere in the world for that matter.

this is a business, not a charitable organization. you have a contract that you negotiate with the club. club offers you for example 5M a season and that's ok with you. then what do you do, hire some accountants and do a club audit to make sure it is feasible for the club?

If the club is 1.3b in debt, then you go around qnd think, I can force 18m to be payed out from "bancrupcy mass" that will likely be ground zero... Or I can negotiate with the club and "other intersted parties" and make sure clib lives and I get "2/3" or "1/2" of my money... Rather than 0.

Or at least don't go around talking "I don't know shit" while even little kids know that Barca is financialy down the drain.

malvolio

If the club is 1.3b in debt, then you go around qnd think, I can force 18m to be payed out from "bancrupcy mass" that will likely be ground zero... Or I can negotiate with the club and "other intersted parties" and make sure clib lives and I get "2/3" or "1/2" of my money... Rather than 0.

Or at least don't go around talking "I don't know shit" while even little kids know that Barca is financialy down the drain.

alba or others didn't knew the club's financial situation. and that 1.3b doesn't represent a debt generated only by player salaries. by the same logic alba should be thinking that his transfer fee of 14M was pocket change for the club considering the market now.

also, how come only alba has to think about the club not going bankrupt. how do coutinho or griezmann manage to sleep at night?

of course he 'doesn't know shit'. he didn't do his own financial audit so he can have a clear picture of the information fed to him by media or laporta.

what does 'financially down the drain' looks like? alba sees that we got 4 players this summer that added to the wage budget, maybe he thinks that we're ok. if we get 1 or 2 players in before transfer deadline should he go ahead with the pay cut or not?

after every new president joined the club the same story came around on how the previous board left he club in debt. sure, this time the fuck up is bigger, but how is this different in the eyes of players?

Messigician

Laporta is lying.

That scout he is referring to Is Cury who is instrumental in Neymar related dealings. Hence larger salary than other scouts.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not at all because:

- this debt figure is gross, not net
- we will be financed by UEFA pretty soon
- our major issue is that most of our debt is short-term; however, with some help, we should be fine
- we have plenty of excellent young players coming through, should help us for a couple of seasons

I am not sure about this part. Since we are no longer part of the ECA (because of our pursuit of the ESL), I don't know if we will get any of the 6b relief money from UEFA?

9 "regrettable" clubs were allowed back in the ECA today, perfect timing to get the UEFA money?

JerseyAddict

alba or others didn't knew the club's financial situation. and that 1.3b doesn't represent a debt generated only by player salaries. by the same logic alba should be thinking that his transfer fee of 14M was pocket change for the club considering the market now.

also, how come only alba has to think about the club not going bankrupt. how do coutinho or griezmann manage to sleep at night?

of course he 'doesn't know shit'. he didn't do his own financial audit so he can have a clear picture of the information fed to him by media or laporta.

what does 'financially down the drain' looks like? alba sees that we got 4 players this summer that added to the wage budget, maybe he thinks that we're ok. if we get 1 or 2 players in before transfer deadline should he go ahead with the pay cut or not?

after every new president joined the club the same story came around on how the previous board left he club in debt. sure, this time the fuck up is bigger, but how is this different in the eyes of players?

Of course all the players and staff should get hit hard. When company I worked at got hit by f8nancial crissis everbody took paycut and bigger the pay the bigger the cut.

Who doesn't like it he walked thrue the door.
Simple as that.

All the players are obliged to take the cut or hit the road.
Golden days are over. They are dumbasses if they didn't realized that in last year.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What is particular alarming to me is that other than Pique, nobody so far has seemed to accept any real salary reduction, just deferrals. Deferrals are fine only if we expect our future revenues to recover enough to the point of being able to shoulder these excessive salaries that will be paid later. We don't know that.

Laporta and the club need to work harder to push for real salary reductions. The other three captains need to agree to this.

FC433

I am not sure about this part. Since we are no longer part of the ECA (because of our pursuit of the ESL), I don't know if we will get any of the 6b relief money from UEFA?

9 "regrettable" clubs were allowed back in the ECA today, perfect timing to get the UEFA money?
Did not think of that. Hopefully we will follow them soon.

JerseyAddict

I found this:

The club's debt is divided as follows - EUR 617 million is bank debt, EUR 389 million is owed to players, 56 are liabilities of a Bar?a company, EUR 90 million is reserved for litigation, EUR 40 million for non-chargeable subscriptions and EUR 79 million they must return under the contract to television rights.

Home of Barca Fans