João Laporta

jamrock

Biggiest revenues in the world yet due to covid we are crippled,while look at the other clubs around us on that list, all chugging along relatively smoothly.

Madrid still building a new stadium.
Man utd still buying new players.
Bayern were always conversative but still going along.

Everyone was affect but we are the only one that can barely afford to register new players, where did all that revenge stream go?.

Was the camp Nou 40-50% of our revenues? I don't think so

JamDav1982

Tell me that incredible squad. Who? Maybe De Jong. Griezzmann will be again a non entity, it's not Messi who sabotaged him, he is just overrated. Pedri is too young, Fati is also very young and he comes after a very serious injury. Than we have some washed up veterans like Busquets, Alba and Pique, inconsistent and not to good young prospects in Dembele and Dest. And the new ''signings'' that remains to be seen if we can register. And they are all underwhelming at least. So what is this incredible squad you are talking about? Sevilla was pretty close to us last year with Messi being Pichichi winner. I think they will leapfrog us. And we have the shittest manager in the first 5 teams in Spain. Let's see.

You think a squad has to be 'incredible' to be 4th best in Spain?

Tell me who has better or even close that that would put Barca in 5th..

Last edited:

SmilerBam

You think a squad has to be 'incredible' to be 4th best in Spain?

Tell me who has better or even close that that would put Barca in 5th..

So Atletico, Real and Sevilla will be in the first three places. I think we will be fourth, battling with Villareal. They don't have better a squad, not reputation wise, but they have a better coach and they are a much better drilled team. So it's a battle between a higher quality team( not that much as you believe so, our defence is worse for example) with a better drilled team. And no one answered to me, without the 30+ goal Messi scores regularly in the league, who is gonna step up? Our defence is too shit too win us any games, so we need firepower to save us. We don't have that mighty firepower anymore either.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

So Atletico, Real and Sevilla will be in the first three places. I think we will be fourth, battling with Villareal. They don't have better a squad, not reputation wise, but they have a better coach and they are much better drilled team.

Villareal are a team pf players that have failed elswhere.

They are nowhere near Barca and bar Pau Torres who is not great dont have a player that would get in Barcas team.

Wont even be close.

SmilerBam

Villareal are a team pf players that have failed elswhere.

They are nowhere near Barca and bar Pau Torres who is not great dont have a player that would get in Barcas team.

Wont even be close.

Failed or not failed, i saw many teams like that punching above their weight with the right ingredients to make that happen. We are so used of having the best player in history bailing our asses time and time again, it will be a revelation this season when it will not happen anymore. Where was Barca before Messi picked up form last season?

JamDav1982

Failed or not failed, i saw many times like that punching above their weight with the right ingredients to make that happen. We are so used of having the best player in histoy bailling our asses time and time again, it will be a revelation this season when it will not happen anymore. Where was Barca before Messi picked up form last season?

Barca had a hugely turbulent season and it was not just Messi. Other players improved as they settled into different approach.

Villareal have squad nowhere near Barcas and wont be close to them in league. Wait and see.

Plenty of other players stepped up and 'bailed out' Barca in games. Not just Messi.

SmilerBam

Barca had a hugely turbulent season and it was not just Messi. Other players improved as they settled into different approach.

Villareal have squad nowhere near Barcas and wont be close to them in league. Wait and see.

I guess we will see then. Anyway, even a fourth place and not fighting for the title it's gonna be shambolic for a team of Barca's stature. Let's not forget the last two years, bad how they were, we fought for the title. And as i said, we are very lucky La Liga is at the lowest quality in the last 20 years.

JamDav1982

I guess we will see then. Anyway, even a fourth place and not fighting for the title it's gonna be shambolic for a team of Barca's stature. Let's not forget the last two years, bad how they were, we fought for the title. And as i said, we are very lucky La Liga is at the lowest quality in the last 20 years.

Messi leaving and same old players like Pique and Busquets starting week in week out will have an impact but the squad is not as poor for the league as made out and better than Sevilla let alone Villareal.

Particularly if as expected Kounde leaves Sevilla.

Remains to be seen who is still there at start of season and if there is a hangover from Messi leaving.

Messigician

🛩 Florentino Perez has left Barcelona, after spending 4 hours there with Joan Laporta and Andrea Agnelli. @victor_nahe #FCB

Not my president

SmilerBam

Messi leaving and same old players like Pique and Busquets starting week in week out will have an impact but the squad is not as poor for the league as made out and better than Sevilla let alone Villareal.

Particularly if as expected Kounde leaves Sevilla.

Remains to be seen who is still there at start of season and if there is a hangover from Messi leaving.

The hangover will be there, surely. And yeah, who knows who will be here at the end of August, i hope we will not remain with turtles Pique and Busquets, social media star Riqui Puig, and MB9. I am afraid though that will be the case.

JamDav1982

The hangover will be there, surely. And yeah, who knows who will be here at the end of August, i hope we will not remain with turtles Pique and Busquets, social media star Riqui Puig, and MB9. I am afraid though that will be the case.

Agree on all four of those players but Pique and Busquets will still be starters and Puig will be posing in the background.

Yannik

So Atletico, Real and Sevilla will be in the first three places.

Sevilla and Madrid also lost key players and could barely reinforce. Barca is weakened, but other teams are just as worried about top 4. At the moment I see about 5 teams realistically competing for top 4 spots. Barca just needs to not be the worst of them. That is managable even without registering all players and it should be the goal.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Certainly more impressive than anything you could speak of re yout working life lol

Haha you actually think it is impressive to bring up on forums. You are like online David Brent.

Quite sweet in a way.

The trolling about guessing what other folk look like and do is still as yuk as it gets though.

You will be out the Jam group soon if keep this up.

Home of Barca Fans