João Laporta

Sterlingfan2000

“The only possible way to go further with Messi had to do with that deal LaLiga has agreed but we disagree with. But we feel that is not right, the mortgaging of the club for half a century”

Would like to see Bartomeu today... But this shitty snake would find the way to get through. I don't blame Laporta, I blame Bartomeu and Rosell - giving players huge contracts in order to "stay" or to come, because of that Barca is dumed. So Messi is leaving, barca can hope finishing on 5. place of La Liga, and maybe going through CL group. I don't expect anything in next 5-10 years.
And I hope Super League isn't going to happend... Fottball isn't the same at the last 15 years and if this happends - no joy, no excitement, and no emotion.

malvolio

posted this in the Leo Messi thread also:

from what laporta said today i think this was his plan all along. he wants to start a new era and stamp his legacy as president. messi was getting in the way with his huge contract.

that way laporta can blame it on barto/tebas and rebuild the squad as he likes. he'll surely go for a superstar next season.

id even bet that our finances will come out not as bad as made out today. we'll find money next summer for haaland or the likes.

vegitot

posted this in the Leo Messi thread also:

from what laporta said today i think this was his plan all along. he wants to start a new era and stamp his legacy as president. messi was getting in the way with his huge contract.

that way laporta can blame it on barto/tebas and rebuild the squad as he likes. he'll surely go for a superstar next season.

id even bet that our finances will come out not as bad as made out today. we'll find money next summer for haaland or the likes.

Sound nice but i don't think Halaand is possible.

Andresito

Staff member
Lies or not, I think Laporta has acted within the club's best long term interests. It's a tough position for him with the fans loving Messi, but he can't sacrifice the club just to sign one player.

I'm quite optimistic about our future. Things will be cleaned up and Barca will return to the top, it'll just take some time to do so.

fergus90

Short term, it's definitely going to be very tough and the general interest in La Liga will plummet further.

But, it's impossible to say how Barca will respond. Ultimately this day was arriving sooner rather than later, probably 2-3 years before I expected it though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
CVC deal is dead now. They don't want to make an investment if they don't have the support of the bigger clubs.

https://www.eleconomista.es/deporte...aLiga-sin-el-apoyo-de-los-grandes-clubes.html

So that money is gone for Barca now too.

487m in losses for last season. No Messi. Still have 90-95% of our players' salaries eating up our entire budget. No ESL for the foreseeable future either and we still don't know if we can get back to normal this upcoming season.

Home of Barca Fans