João Laporta

Zidane82

###
Joan Laporta: The market is the same and there will be only exchanges (swap deals), we have players that we cannot profit from.

xxxxxx

Laporta is deluded if he thinks we can win the Champions League next season. And.... how the hell are we going to bring in 4 or 5 new players when we couldn't even afford Gini's salary?

I get that it's not his fault, but can we at least be realistic here. He's probably only saying that shit to make Messi happy.

xxxxxx

Yeah, this sounds BAD. He expected BAD and he said it's much worse. OUCH..

That's why the whole idea that we can have a competitive team is just stupid. Also, the idea of us signing 4 more players is just unrealistic. We'll probably go with what we've got.... unless we sell 3 or 4 players for a decent amount. If we do that, we could maybe sign 1 or 2 more players.

FinBarcelonafan

Laporta is deluded if he thinks we can win the Champions League next season. And.... how the hell are we going to bring in 4 or 5 new players when we couldn't even afford Gini's salary?

I get that it's not his fault, but can we at least be realistic here. He's probably only saying that shit to make Messi happy.

He has to say these things. I don't think anyone expects us to win CL. Total delusion if they are.

Joan

What do you mean we couldn't afford Gini's salary?

Barcilliant

He has to say these things. I don't think anyone expects us to win CL. Total delusion if they are.

Yes, he has to say these things but these are the normal expectations of a club like Barca.
Imagine if he said the cl was out of reach. All the players and staff would relax and be complacent.
We can bring in, 3-4 new players. Players like Pjanic, Trincao and Firpo are actually wanted by other clubs and we can do player exchanges with them. Maybe we can work out a deal with City too. They are looking to offload at least another four players.

FinBarcelonafan

Yes, he has to say these things but these are the normal expectations of a club like Barca.
Imagine if he said the cl was out of reach. All the players and staff would relax and be complacent.
We can bring in, 3-4 new players. Players like Pjanic, Trincao and Firpo are actually wanted by other clubs and we can do player exchanges with them. Maybe we can work out a deal with City too. They are looking to offload at least another four players.

Yeah exactly, some things can't be said aloud even if it's the truth.

Also they are trying to keep Messi and build him a competitive team.

Richard.H

Of course he has to say we are CL contenders. He is the club president, he can't just go and tell the public how the situation is. Come on, this is common sense. What do you think the reactions would be from socis, fans, and even sponsors if he said, "Listen guys, we are in a terrible situation right now. We are almost bankrupt, our squad sucks, and our coach is mediocre. We need to take out loans and I can't even use them for transfers. Messi does not want to stay and I don't blame him. We will be very lucky to have one or even two more signings."

Bobo32

Of course Barcelona challenge for the CL
Barcelona B with Messi added could challenge for the CL.
Are they the favourites to win it? No, not since a couple of years.

kattanib

It is shit for a so called fan to not believe in his team. Seriously.

Very simple. Can anything great be achieved without belief and confidence? Maybe but unlikely

If Barca fans wont believe in their team (even if they are a bunch of unknow untalented players) then who will?

Last edited:

Gari

When Barcelona were the favorites, they didn't win the Champions League. Now they're not the favorites, they will. Who guessed about Chelsea?

Bobo32

When Barcelona were the favorites, they didn't win the Champions League. Now they're not the favorites, they will. Who guessed about Chelsea?

They might.

It's very basic, but still a bit unintuitive if you don't think about it, that the favourite to win a tournament is obviously far less likely to win than not to win.
For example, in the euros right now, there are 16 teams left, and the clear favourites might still be France. According to odds given they win it less than 20% of the time from here, obviously meaning more than 80% of the time they don't win. There are four games needed to be won for any of the 16 teams, and even Austria will do it about one in 150 times, as Greece did 2004 for example.

Barcelona were greater favourites than France in some of the CLs they didn't win.
That they didn't win in 12, 13 or 14 but still were favourites is bigger testament to their quality back then then if they'd had won three in a row in a way.

akaranzo

Chelsea got Tuchel though, a clearly elite level manager. Koeman is okay but nowhere near that level.

Home of Barca Fans