João Laporta

Porque

I'm not buying some of the rumours such as Laporta saying not to use the 352.

What we do know though is that Laporta is favourable to attacking football being displayed from his first stint, and in that regard I do not think there is a problem with mentioning this philiosophy to Koeman for our future. Reason being that part of the way to market Barcelona as a club, is that it is one that always tries to play attractive football. It makes it more lucrative to sponsors and new fans, especially as football is becoming more robotic and as we are about to enter a Messi-less era.

To be fair with Koeman, for the early part of the season we showed more attack creation but just lacked the goals. Then when the moments of pressure came, we failed. Every. Single. Time.

So that is something that needs to be discussed and explained. Was it because of Koeman changing mentality or the pressure of failures past mounting on the players. I think it is more on Koeman than the players, simply because the substitutions were out of fear and conservation.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Anyone who expects Laporta to not at the very least weigh in on the sporting project simply do not remember how he was during his first stint. Priority number one for him is restoring the mentality, the philosophy from top to bottom that we had pre-Rosell/Barto and our brand of football is a key element in all of this that he at the very least can recognize.

People on Twitter are constantly saying Arsenal...Leeds turning into prime Barca right now, attacking, fluid, positional play football is a core part of our sporting and marketing philosophy and turning away from this model is why we are here.

He understands all of this and to have him as a leader, making these decisions and having that experience that he can compare and contrast the current situation and model to is why he in my mind has every right to be weighing in like this with RK, especially given how this league campaign is concluding. Assuming even 50% of what has come out with this sit down with RK is true, these are absolutely the right calls and is so refreshing when compared to Barto. It seemed Barto when push came to shove, did not really give a shit how we played, the performances etc. just so long as his signings played and he got the credit for it. So to have someone who can at least recognize what changes are needed and be serious about implementing it is exciting.

In general, so far so good from Joan. Curious to see how this convo tomorrow plays out with UEFA but outside of the S.L. debacle, where his hands were tied anyways, everything he has done and his overall agenda seems on point. Hope he has the balls to pull the trigger on RK too, we will see how these last two games go but I am convinced that especially if we do not see an emphatic turnaround in these last two games, Laporta is seeing things at least in a similar lens to us and will keep it moving with RK.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

I don't understand people, they wanted a president to instore the change but when he puts his nose into the matter they start yelling fire.

The coach is a dude who can goes anytime Laporta is the guy responsible for the whole sporting project, and he will put the manager that will suit his ideas and who can bring him solutions.

Barcilliant

He wants more attacking football? Lol. Maybe he should look at the defense.
Laporta is a clown. Make the foundation rock solid then start building on that. Defense has always been an afterthought at Barca and is probably the reason our next cl title will come in 25 years.

SmilerBam

Laporta is a clown. Make the foundation rock solid then start building on that. Defense has always been an afterthought at Barca and is probably the reason our next cl title will come in 25 years.

We've been fine this last 15 years with CL's by playing our way and attacking.4 CL's is bad now?Really, football comes in cycles, now is our turn to be a bit shit. But in this era of glory hunter fans, it seems it's the end of the world if we don't win the CL for 5 years. I wondered what prior FCBarcelona fans were thinking when our club won 1 CL until 2006...oh yeah, they weren't glory hunters i guess, but REAL FANS.

kattanib

We've been fine this last 15 years with CL's by playing our way and attacking.4 CL's is bad now?Really, football comes in cycles, now is our turn to be a bit shit. But in this era of glory hunter fans, it seems it's the end of the world if we don't win the CL for 5 years. I wondered what prior FCBarcelona fans were thinking when our club won 1 CL until 2006...oh yeah, they weren't glory hunters i guess, but REAL FANS.
What they were thinking is pride. Pride in how we play. Pride in who we put in the pitch.

FinBarcelonafan

Thank you for saying this. I believe our biggest weakness is defense and if we don't improve that we have no hope.

The whole team needs to work better defensively

Bobo32

Pep said: you cannot isolate attack or defence, they're the same.
I say he is correct. Barcelona shouldn't try to defend deep or be very concerned about "defending" but try to defend as little (and as good and as effectively) as possible.
More attacking football and better defence isn't mutually exclusive but can be symbiotic. Having three central defenders is an obvious waste.

FinBarcelonafan

Pep said: you cannot isolate attack or defence, they're the same.
I say he is correct. Barcelona shouldn't try to defend deep or be very concerned about "defending" but try to defend as little (and as good and as effectively) as possible.
More attacking football and better defence isn't mutually exclusive but can be symbiotic. Having three central defenders is an obvious waste.

It's true just focusing on defending you end up like modern day Mourinho. Small club mentality.

Total-Football

Time to shake the tree.. Small modifications was a disastrous approach because of poor decisions.. Time for a radical approach. Shake the tree hard.. shake the foundation

Barcilliant

Hahaha. So clown Laporta trying a populist move by bringing back Xavi lol.
This is going to backfire. Pep was an outlier and the 08-09 squad was a fantastic one. I mean Pep got to sign a guy like Alves. Who the fuck is Xavi going to get? Xavi hasn't done shit in AFC.
This club is hanging by a thread. This is just a knee jerk reaction by Laporta. Barto dug our grave and Laporta is going to bury us.
RIP FC Barcelona.

jairzinho

Board is searching under every rock for a new coach but don't seem too concerned about the number of players on this team that are not good enough to be here.

Home of Barca Fans