João Laporta

SmilerBam

EzN1XhVUcAgvtQZ

Love him.

Messi983

I highly doubt he has any power now to overturn Barto's decision. He has only been on the job for a month FFS....

Of course he has. It was reported when that agreement was first signed that new board will have to approve it.

It's not like we'd stay out of this league anyway. We'd just stay behind RM in that case which we can't afford.

FinBarcelonafan

Of course he has. It was reported when that agreement was first signed that new board will have to approve it.

It's not like we'd stay out of this league anyway. We'd just stay behind RM in that case which we can't afford.

Exactly. Barca isn't in position to turn this down.

We need more revenue.

JamDav1982

It was also reported couple days ago Laporta had signed off Barcelona support.

Messi983

Exactly. Barca isn't in position to turn this down.

We need more revenue.

Yeah, but it's not just about our current situation. Even if we'd be in better state in 3-5 years RM and also AM would get so much infront of us if they'd play in this league getting all that money and we wouldn't.

From my POV is either all top clubs from one league are in or none of them are. It's happening so far.

Porque

So if this ESL somehow fails, that means we have a debt of 300m to JPMorgan for not fulfilling the joining the ESL guarantee?

If so, that would be catastrophic.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So if this ESL somehow fails, that means we have a debt of 300m to JPMorgan for not fulfilling the joining the ESL guarantee?

If so, that would be catastrophic.

From what I read, the 300m fee is only payable if any of the 15 founding clubs decides to exit the ESL.

However, from other places I have read each club will be paying 240m (something like that) back every year, which means each club would have received an upfront payout in the amount of billions, which I highly doubt is true.

A lot of information/rumors being reported, very confusing situation.

Home of Barca Fans