João Laporta

vegitot

President Laporta: "After greeting the people at the club tomorrow, I will call Messi. Will I convince him? It will depend on him, I will do what I can within the economic possibilities of the club." [rac1]

That is fast.

KingLeo10

President Laporta: "After greeting the people at the club tomorrow, I will call Messi. Will I convince him? It will depend on him, I will do what I can within the economic possibilities of the club." [rac1]

That is fast.

Already adopting a very reasonable stance.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think if Laporta and his board can guarantee Messi a competitive team with signings that will get us closer to a Champions League title he'll take a huge salary cut to facilitate that, maybe even forego some of those huge bonuses he's owed. In the end it'll be a win-win for everyone.

It's pretty clear there's some incredible mutual respect and trust here between them.

Ev6pYV2WEAQbrxd

Ev6pY3lWEAMjsnH

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Any idea when Laporta will unveil his organization and board members?

His Board Members are already revealed. Should be up on fcbarcelona.com soon, but I believe MD have a report up on their site about them already.

The organizational chart when it comes to who will be responsible for which section and who will be directors and such should be revealed this coming week. Rafael Yuste said they first want to meet the club workers tomorrow.

Barcilliant

Pros of Laporta :
Charisma
Knows how to delegate
Prior success and experience
Well liked by club legends
Cons
Been inactive for a long time
Football has changed
Hasn't really come up with something revolutionary

Any others?

Messi983

There will be a lot of transfer rumors the next few days. Some strange and some exciting names. The media is gonna go full overdrive into a frenzy which will probably lead to some excitement, some people being worried, others being angry.

Just know that no one knows anything. Alemany and Cruyff and whoever will lead the football project will first meet with Planes and others and then later plan the summer window.

Yeah, media will go crazy.

I think his first job will be a financial audit to see what situation we're really in before they'll make any serious sporting plans. In the meantime he'll talk with Messi and potentially our other players/their agents whose contracts are expiring next year like Fati, Ilaix and Pedri. I'm not too affraid to lose them but it would be nice to see them all tied up to the club on longterm contracts.

That said, Alemany, Cruyff and co. will surely get in contact with agents of potential targets. It's possible that Laporta has already talked with Raiola about Haaland (like it was rumoured) and maybe some other agents but he couldn't really do anything before he was officially elected. Now his people can go to work but tbh I don't expect much to happen on that front before the end of the season (or at least until we're still alive in the league). Raiola will surely also try to drag Haaland's transfer saga for as long as possible to get the most money out of it unless Haaland is clearly prefering going to one team and that team only (which I dont' believe at this point).

I wouldn't be too surprised if they would confirm Eric Garcia's signing relatively soon though. His contract is probably only waiting for Laporta's signature.

Home of Barca Fans